30 Bananas a Day!

Hello 30BaD people, I recently noticed a few links and comments related to my book on this site so thought I would join and respond to any relavent questions/comments etc. Will drop in on a regular basis and see what evolves.
Thanks
Tony

Views: 980

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Hi Nicolas, re exercise, yes maintaining physical function all too often overlooked or in my case the poor excuse of too much to do etc. However, seems to be some unexplained elements to being fit, fast and strong with good stamina, while a lot of animals are highly active many are not yet retain way better strength and stamina than even trained athletes. Also from the mind expanding end of martial arts and peak experiences generally there seems to be evidence for being able to access phenomenal abilities without relentless physical training. I noticed myself that during extended periods in ‘altered states’ a rhythmic very mild pulsing through my body/muscles, it felt like a normally latent mechanism to keep everything in an efficient state, (speculation of course). That together with a vastly more functional ‘management’ or neural system and I suspect that exercise as we currently understand was unnecessary in the way it is used now re maintaining high levels of fitness etc.

Fasting, mentioned elsewhere, as the gut is a highly complex neural system in its own right and it has powerful connections with the cerebral neural system there may be more to fasting than cleansing.
I absolutely love this book. Thanks for coming by!

My questions:
What came first, the theory or the research?
Did you abandon any particular theories along the way?
Hi Molly, A bit of a ratchet effect, acquired some knowledge without any particular objective, that led to some initial changes i.e. diet mostly for reasons of curiosity/health, that resulted in slowly changing perceptual experiences fuelling more curiosity and willingness to experiment further, more insights etc.

Wouldn’t say I abandoned any particular theory, though had initially considered that returning to something approximating the unique molecular composition of our archaic diet might be a complete fix in its self. However it quickly dawned on me that if there were such potential for major changes real time then there must have been even greater effects/consequences during the highly responsive developmental windows during early development and such changes would be effectively fixed life long. So while some congenital effects can be addressed some are almost impossible to change, so re-engaging a neural system damaged by what are effectively changes in its design (altered transcription environment) in early development requires more that a change in diet after the damage is done.

Echoed in archaic practice, natural diets were known and frequently alluded to yet a whole bunch of techniques were also deployed implying that if diet alone were a fix we wouldn’t be in the mess we are now.
Sweet! Welcome. Whenever people bring up the "cooking gave us big brains" theory, I tell them about your book.
Thanks Bart
HI! MY FRIEND WENT FRUITARIAN FOR 5 WEEEKS, THEN WENT BACK TO ALL HER OLD HABITS, BEFORE SHE WAS RAWFOODIST FOR 3 MONTH, AND NOW SHE NOTICED THAT SHE IS PRODUCING EXTRIMELY MUCH MORE MILK FOR HERE BABY, YOU HAVE ANY IDEA WHY?

ALSO, I AM WONDERING ABOUT THE POWER OF THE MONO-DIET OF APPLES, IS THERE ONLY CERTAIN KINDS OF APPLE WE CAN EAT TO GO MO-DIET?
I ONLY EAT LOCAL AND WILD APPLES, BUT WHEN I WAS EATIN MONO-DIET ON LOCAL AND WILD MELON OR FIGUES OR PEACHES, I WAS HAPPIER, STRONGER AND WEIGHTED MORE, (HAVE TO MENTION I WAS IN THE TROPICS, NOW IM BACK IN CANADA...) I KNOW THEY ARE SWEETER AND RICHER, BUT I HEARD THE APPLE IS PERFECT FOR ALL HUMANS DAILY NEEDS.

aND ALSO, I CREATED A FRUITARIAN COMMUNITY, IM GOING BBACK IN A COUPLE OF WEEKS, WE ARE JUST STARTING. WE ARE IN THE CANARY ISLANDS, WEST AFRICA, http://fruitariancommunity.blogspot.com/ , SHORT INTRODUCTION. i AM LOOKING FOR ANYHELP TO BE GUIDED TOWARD THE PEOPLE THAT WILL WANT TO START THIS NEW LIFE, PLEASE READ MY INTROCTION!!

THANK YOU VERY MUCH, I HOPE TO START A NET FRIENDSHIP WITH YOU, I REALLY HOPE SO!
Hey Pomme

There are no foods that are perfect for humans. There is no one food that we could consume for the rest of our lives and it would meet all of our nutritional needs. This would not be economical or useful in an evolutionary context.

Think about two things:

1) Humans evolved, like all primates, to develop a symbiotic relationship with fruit trees. We evolved in an environment where fruit was abundant, and so it was of benefit to us to take advantage of this abundance, and of advantage to the plants to have a species who was willing to help them to propogate their seeds. Nature requires diversity in ecosystems. This is because there is no one species of plant or animal in nature that is perfect. Everything brings something unique to the world to offer at different times of the year and in different environments. Each species complements the other, and together there is a synergy that helps to approximate a 'perfect' or well-functioning system. Therefore it would not be useful for us to consume only one type of plant in this context, as it would lead to an over-proliferation of one species more than others.

2) If humans had evolved in an environment where one food would be sufficient to meet all of our needs, this would have led to the evolution of fixed genetic templates. Humans have genetic templates for a variety of needs that help to improve our chances of survival. For example, we have genetic templates for food, sleep, water, fresh air, activity, sex etc. These genetic templates are basically like half-completed circles that require completion in the external world. Its abit like those lockets you give to someone on valentines day. There are two matching necklaces, each with one half of a heart. One lover has one half of the heart, the other has the other. The two need to come together as separate pieces of a jigsaw to become completed. So for example, if we had a fixed genetic template for food, this would mean that there would be no flexibility. We wouldn't just need food that provided sufficient amounts of macro and micronutrients etc. We would need apples exclusively. This level of inflexibility would be dangerous in nature, because evolution is always about becoming more, not less flexible at adapting to environmental circumstances. So what would happen if apples didnt fruit one year, or the quality was poor? Or they went out of season? We would starve.

No, what we find in our physiology is that all genetic templates are not fixed, but variable. Consequently, what we seek to complete them is something that closely approximates a good match. Something that has structural or functional properties or similarities to what we need. This is called pattern-matching. We consequently look for foods that satisfy our senses, provide sufficient nutrients and volume. And so we have been able to consume various types of fruit. As well as eventually tuber based diets, and later, diets containing other sorts of starches. Whilst some foods have stronger pattern matches (they meet our needs more closely than others, eg. fruit as compared to starches), the evolution of pattern-matching, rather than fixed template seeking, has been a useful evolutionary adaptation. If there was one food in our natural environment that could have met all of our nutritional needs perfectly, we would never have been able to evolve this level of flexibility.

Mono-diets are fine for a short period of time, but for consistent regular practise, the will always lead to deficiency eventually.

Apples in particular are quite low in protein compared to many other fruits. Although our needs are low, and our ability to adapt is excellent, there are always limitations.

As for your friend with the milk production, you have not really given enough information to get a meaningful response. What did her fruitarian diet look like? What was her previous raw vegan diet like? What are her 'old habits' that she has resorted back to looking like? As in specifically, like breakfast, 10 spotty ripe bananas, lunch, 8 large mangoes.

The likelihood is that she wasnt eating enough, and so since she has gone back to cooked foods, she is probably eating more calories. More calories = more food available for mother and baby = more milk production.

Take care

Adam x
Hi Pomme, apologies for delay, a lot on at the moment, not sure I understand your 1st comment on milk, did the increase occur after her return to raw food? I can only say that pregnancy and breast-feeding adds a whole new level of nutritional demand. Building/creating a new being from scratch is a lot different than maintaining an adult or even a growing child.
Apples, I have heard of such claims, I tend to lean towards the greatest range of species/bio-chemical complexity as is reasonable. Getting too hung up on ideal philosophies i.e. mono fruit diet may be problematic for some, might be fine if we were in a fully optimised state. However the very fact groups like this exist and are such a tiny minority suggest we have come from a long lineage of poorly nourished ancestors so it may take time even a generation or two for some people to restore a highly efficient assimilation system etc.
Will check out your link, visited the Canary Islands on several occasions, particularly liked La Gomera and El Hierro.

Best Wishes
Tony
Grea book. I was wondering about the Sleep and sleep restriction as you do in the book. Can there be benefits if one reduce sleep a litle bit at the time unntil i dont know how "low" you can go? but what about sleep and regeneration etc etc for the body?
Thanks, I would suggest there is a lot more to human sleep than meets the eye... check out polyphasic sleep as used by sailors etc. If you are willing to experiment sensibly you may find a sweet spot re sleep/function that involves less sleep than you might expect. However extreme sleep deprivation is not so practical, more of a diagnostic tool or a relatively extreme approach to breaking free from the rational mind, been used in traditional approaches to altered states forever, no longer understood.
Regeneration, yes often mentioned, it may be that the regeneration related to sleep is no more than a consiquence of the 'tired' rational mind that normally runs thing (including imune function etc) shutting down and allowing a degree of access to a much more efficient system. It may be that we healed, regenerated and ran an exceptionally effective immune system while conscious...

Hey Tony!

I'm going to preface my statements with I'm sure that your book and your ways of thinking are deeply researched and conceived, but I myself have a lot of trouble believing in and even understanding some of the concepts that are discussed within its pages.  I will state also that i haven't read the book, but read the Google books intro and read this thread.  I feel that my question would pertain to, do you recommend your book for people who do not believe in spirituality, or human interconnectedness, vibrations..ect. This would be relating to your belief that we are all 'delusional' and lack the ability to 'see or feel' some kind of connection with the world and people around us.  I myself have actually done a bout of sleep deprivation, though I called it an 'insomnia marathon' for almost 70 hours. While I did experience a whole host of interesting things, none of them lead me to believe they were spiritual or outside of 'usual' human existence.

Again I mean no disrespect, I'm just curious to see your opinion for readers who are far more dispassionate about these sorts of things then others. 

Thanks!

yes my proposal is that severe delusion is endemic in humans though the symptoms do vary, the delusion primarily applies to the dominant rational mind, the more access you have to what is generally termed your sub conscious mind the more potential for accessing some degree of reality. The more you escape the limits of the normal state of mind the more the Arcadian myths begin to make 'experiential' sense. 
Re, sleep deprivation, nothing new in its use as a treatment for delusion, however it can initially result in greater delusion/dysfunction, if combined with a healthy natural diet and used repeatedly (not easy) a wholly different experience can begin to emerge.

RSS

About

TheBananaGirl created this Ning Network.

30BaD Search

Latest Activity

OrganicMark posted a status
"As Liquidity Evaporates, Fed's Third Bill POMO Is 5.5 Oversubscribed, Most Yet #awakening #peace #truth #love #light http://j.mp/2Jd6RDz"
7 hours ago
"Navy Patents UFO-Like Compact Nuclear Fusion Reactor and Hybrid Space/Sea Crafts #evolution #peace #truth #love #light http://j.mp/2qtNgbW"
Sunday
Aysel is now friends with Houdini Steve Owens and Sugalena
Oct 16
"Why the 2008 Housing Crisis Recovery Is Just an Illusion (w/ Keith Jurow) #evolution #awakening #peace #truth #light http://j.mp/2ODSZ93"
Oct 16
"Not Transitory - Fed Liquidity Handout Surges To Near $90 Billion #evolution #awakening #peace #truth #love #light http://j.mp/35F4Sl5"
Oct 16
Frugisaurus and Alex Curtis-Slep are now friends
Oct 15
Michael Lanfield posted a video

Return to the Gentle Sea by Michael Lanfield with Music by Dr. Will Tuttle, PhD (Full Audiobook)

Return to the Gentle Sea: For the Love That Lives in Everyone is a book on spiritual healing and cultural transformation on the human relationship to nonhuman animals. It explains how living in a herding culture, eating animals and their secretions,…
Oct 14
Michael Lanfield commented on ednshell's video
Oct 14
Michael Lanfield and Olga are now friends
Oct 14
Raw Aussie Athlete and Lil Green Coconut are now friends
Oct 14
ednshell replied to Tams's discussion Best vegan retreats ?
Oct 13
ednshell posted a video

Take Back Your Power 2017 (Official) - smart meter documentary

This award-winning film documents the real story on smart meters. + Subscribe for free EMF guide & help stop 'smart' meters and 5G: https://TakeBackYourPower...
Oct 13
ednshell posted a discussion
Oct 13
Profile Iconmichael wilson, Savannah Holte, tori jacobs and 2 more joined 30 Bananas a Day!
Oct 13
"QE4 "Not A QE" Begins: Fed Starts Buying $60BN In Bills Per Month Beginning Next Week #awakening #peace #truth #light http://j.mp/2M9cmoQ"
Oct 12
Rock and Tams are now friends
Oct 12

© 2019   Created by TheBananaGirl.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service