30 Bananas a Day!

Hi! I just finished my very first crossfit workout. It was part of a 'fundamentals' class that all newbies have to take 3times a week for 11 sessions. I decided to do crossfit because it has a good mix of cardio and weight training and the box I go to prides itself in teaching proper form and safety. I also know myself and the only way I will stick with a training regime is to do it with a group or a personal trainer who will harass me if I don't show up and crossfit is far more economical than long term personal training sessions.

Of course time will tell if this program will work for me, especially since I am not a very competitive person by nature. My goal is to complete the workouts to the best of my ability in a safe manner. Whether or not this will work out long term at a crossfit gym remains to be seen.

I'm just happy there are other 811ers out there with crossfit experience who I can ask questions and share experiences and support.

By the way, I am a 43 year old female who has mostly been doing hot yoga and walking/hiking for exercise so I hope crossfit will allow me to step it up a bit. I plan to do crossfit 3 times a week and yoga 3 times a week as well as continue walking my dog and going on hikes with my husband on a regular basis.

Views: 482

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Anything I can help with, let me know, RT.

I've practiced CF on my own off and on for years now, and for the past few months have finally been getting qualified coaching.  That's made a big difference.  

You have the right attitude to prioritize form over speed or reps.  Just like typing, perfect the quality of movement first--quantity will come with time. 

just finished my fundamentals class this week! It is awesome and I have already noticed vast changes in my fitness and strength level! I love crossfit!

I finished my fundamentals class a week and a half ago.  Not only have I lost about 10 lbs. but I feel SO much stronger than before!  I continue to go 3 times a week and even though I wonder if I will ever get to the point that I don't feel sore afterward, I know I have made a ton of progress.  My instructor gave us really great advice on the last day of fundamentals...he said that our only goal for the next month should be to work out 3 times a week.  I've stuck to that goal and even though the competitive public score written on the board would normally not be my cup of tea, I am not worrying about that one iota.  I am really liking it, much to my surprise and plan to keep doing it.  I'm finding that everyone there is really encouraging even to people like me who have to modify almost all exercises and are always one of the slowest.

Awesome keep it up! I LOVE CROSSFIT! Been doing it over a year now :)

Do they push supps, drugs and paleo diets at these places, or is that just a myth?

Everyone i know doing crossfit is paleo

Not this one, brutha ;)

A lot of them do the paleo thing and take supplements, in my experience, but I've never experienced intense encouragement for it and have never been questioned about my diet, which I was very open and specific about on my first day. I'm sure some gyms are probably like that, but the ones I've been to (2) were not, just really supportive and doing what they think is best for them (even though I disagree, obviously). And the talk about supplements and paleo blah blah blah is no more intense than at any other gym I have been to.

It's so fun!!! I also at one point quit jsut lifting due to boredom. CrossFit is always a varied kickass workout

I used to do SealFit. The Navy Seal variation of Crossfit. It was fun but setting everything up took a long time so I stopped. CrossFit for me felt like a job/work rather than fun. Which was cool for a time because you felt gains but it wasn't satisfying. 

RSS

About

TheBananaGirl created this Ning Network.

30BaD Search

Latest Activity

OrganicMark posted a status
"Trump Signs Executive Order Stripping Social Media Companies Of "Liability Shield" #awakening #peace #truth #light https://j.mp/2XcNXUL"
Friday
Profile IconDarren Newman, Makayla, Jaime Huxley Leary and 1 more joined 30 Bananas a Day!
May 28
Peter posted a status
"First roller of 2020,didn't get any last year ,had a frost and I cut them back hard,then worst drought. can't remember them being so sweet."
May 26
Peter posted photos
May 26
Peter posted a status
"Could help.that should read."
May 26
Peter posted a status
"I can't remember how to post a photo if anyone couldchelp?tia"
May 26
Cassie K added a discussion to the group Self Sufficiency using Permaculture
May 24
Cassie K commented on Jay Don't Cook's group Self Sufficiency using Permaculture
May 24
Cassie K commented on Jay Don't Cook's group Self Sufficiency using Permaculture
May 24
Laura Kuchy commented on Tiff Hawkins's blog post Too Exciting
May 23
Profile IconLaura Kuchy and Peter H joined 30 Bananas a Day!
May 21
Raw Mormon Mommy posted a status
"How do I edit my profile?"
May 20
"OBAMAGATE 1: CRIME OF THE CENTURY #evolution #awakening #peace #truth #love #light https://j.mp/2WVPNbe"
May 19
Profile IconSuzanne, SunBeaming, Rhonda Miga and 1 more joined 30 Bananas a Day!
May 17
"PlanDemic - Banned Documentary #evolution #awakening #peace #truth #love #light https://bit.ly/2xJvrK0"
May 15
"What They Don’t Want You To Know About Covid-19. Dropping Bombs (Ep 264) Dr. Rashid Buttar #peace #truth #love #light https://j.mp/2T4hGwE"
May 15

© 2020   Created by TheBananaGirl.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service