30 Bananas a Day!

Been having a bit of a rough week, emotionally.. and just felt the need to rant a little bit. I've been raw for almost 2 months now. My parents took me to the doctor out of concern a few weeks ago, and surprisingly (to them), she said it was perfectly healthy if done properly.

I have explained this raw vegan diet to my mother multiple times, but she still doesn't seem to get it.. Raw Fruits. Raw Veg. Raw Nuts/Seeds. PERIOD.

She and I were watching TV when a commercial for "5-Hour Energy" came on. After the commercial ended, she asked, "you would never drink that, would you?". All I thought was WTF!?!? Later that afternoon, she made herself tomato soup with some "grilled bread and cow excrement" sandwiches. She had the nerve to ask if I wanted any soup! Do people know what the word RAW means?

A couple weekends ago, when I was at my dad's, he made himself a ham and cheese omelette, and asked me if I wanted "a bite". What should I do end this bullying?

I also don't understand these people who claim that people who eat healthy have "orthorexia". Since when is eating based on human nature an eating disorder? Are people that insecure with themselves that they have to rationalize their own destructive eating habits by accusing healthy eaters as the ones having a problem?

Thanks for any help/suggestions.. and I apologize for the rant, just need to get all that off my chest.

-Jake

Views: 539

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

That's surprising you got a doctor that said you would be healthy lol. The second most people mention vegan to a doctor, the doctor freaks out and gets blood tests immediately. I think it's best not to take what they say so seriously/personally. They don't understand you, and that sucks, but you can choose to not be bothered by it and just simply laugh. Once you learn to overcome anger, all you can really do is laugh in situations like these. And I don't know about you ,but I prefer laughing than getting angry ;)

LOVE your rant Jacob :-)

Rest assured you're not alone! My partner still asks if I'd like a slice of salami or some 'lean' chicken or a piece of salmon...because it's JUST chicken or JUST fish or JUST a pig!!!

My Mum (and I'm 24) still says I'm not doing my body any favours with this 'fad vegan diet' and I'll get digestion issues from all this fruit I'm eating bla bla bla!

One bite won't kill you! Maybe not, but what had to die so you could have your 'one bite'

At least the 30bad'ers understand :-)

I throw DENIAL at their JUST comments! People are going through the same adversities! You're not alone!

Oh yeah I forgot to add.... where do you get your protein Jacob? :-P

And your calcium if you don't drink milk right?
Are you iron deficient?
What?! Thirty bananas! that's way too much potassium!
You ate 20 oranges that's so much vitamin C! is that healthy?
Lol don't you love how everyone thinks they know about nutrition because of the stuff they saw on tv and heard in health class twenty years ago?

Protein? Oh, yeah... I eat my hair. That's vegan, right?? Haha!

this literally made me laugh out loud. i love this community so much. xD

Thank you all so much! :)

When people ask me if I want chicken, I say I'd rather have babies. (Not really, but why does it bother you? Seems like you feel pissed off, like, LOADS).

hang in there      stay calm     and rawk on

People are always pushing for others to eat more fruits and vegetables, and when we do, people go crazy and call us unhealthy! Ridiculous.

People are always pushing for others to eat more fruits and vegetables, and when we do, people go crazy and call us unhealthy! Ridiculous.

Halle-Fricken-lujah, Julia Scheeler can preach the truth, she sure can!

RSS

About

TheBananaGirl created this Ning Network.

30BaD Search

Latest Activity

pradtf replied to pradtf's discussion great site with nutritional research information
11 hours ago
pradtf left a comment for Tams
Friday
pradtf and Tams are now friends
Friday
pradtf replied to pradtf's discussion great site with nutritional research information
Friday
OrganicMark posted a status
"ECB cuts key rate, relaunches QE to shore up eurozone economy #evolution #awakening #peace #truth #love #light http://j.mp/2kymAUZ"
Friday
"Trump Says Fed Should Cut Rates "To ZERO Or Less", So US Can Refinance Debt And Lenghten Maturities #peace #truth#light http://j.mp/2kH4yzB"
Wednesday
hajapapaya replied to TINtininintin's discussion seeking hair and scalp advice in the group Raw Vegan Skincare & Beauty
Sep 8
"Housing Bubble 2.0 - Housing Market Crash on the Way: Shiller #evolution #awakening #peace #truth #love #light http://j.mp/2knZ6ln"
Sep 8
Peter Csere commented on Peter Csere's video
Sep 7
Josephine H Calvi is now friends with Randy Raw, Jojo Marion and Kevin
Sep 6
Lotus33 and Primal Rich are now friends
Sep 6
Scarlet R joined TheBananaGirl's group
Sep 6
"For Second Week In A Row, Fed Buys Treasuries (AKA, QE4!?!) #evolution #awakening #peace #truth #love #light http://j.mp/2lCSaRg"
Sep 5
Amanda May left a comment for Kevin
Sep 5
Igor Puzeev posted a discussion
Sep 3
Sep 3

© 2019   Created by TheBananaGirl.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service