30 Bananas a Day!

Since about  a month or so, I am constantly hungry. I just hardly ever feel satisfied. is it because of my hormonal imbalance? I also have a lot of stress lately from studying, and things haven't been optimal in my relationship either. I have 3 boxes of bananas and have just been eating, eating, eating... (been doing banana island to cleanse my body a little faster - my hormones are driving me NUTS!) I already had 35 bananas so far and it isn't even 6pm yet. Is that normal? My average intake of calories was about 2500. 90/5/5 usually. Now, it is almost double that amount of calories!! I am a pretty active person - when nothing comes in between, I run 5x a week and do some strength training. And I usually have a lot of stress from work/school.

But nothing really changed, my eating habits didn't change, my fitness habits didn't change (only that I am not running that often anymore, had lots of studying to do the past 2 weeks), and my hormones have been crazy since about a year!

Thanks for any help and I am off to eat some more bananas! :P

Views: 540

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

It is making me so bloated though... (bananas are ripe!) I hardly fit in my pants, but other than that, I am feeling great!

I think 90/5/5 ratio you will end up wanting to eat around 4000 calories.  4000 calories is good you might actually want that much with the amount of exercise you do.  The 80/10/10 ratio might make you feel full on a little less though.

I don't feel as good on 80/10/10 like I do on 90/5/5. I have a lot more energy when I keep fat and protein levels low. I have a very sensitive body...

how long have u been lfrv? if u r in the beginning stages then it makes sense to me. I had an endless appetite too at first. but I took it as, I was previously so unhealthy and constantly starving my body of any food and nutrients. so for the first 3 months of hcrv I stuffed my face 24/7. then all the sudden, one day, it was like I was FINALLY full! it was an awsum feeling. if u r hungry, eat, n u no what to eat now so u can't go wrong. give ur body time and work on really tuning into it. u will be surprised what ur body tells u. I never used to know what being in tune w/ur body meant, but I definitely do now.

Been 95% raw, 90/5/5 100% since April 2012. Thanks for your reply!

I'v been there before, we are suppose to have a constant 5 grams of sugar in our blood, if you can't tolerate that

much carb you will get hormonal imbalance,insulin, cortisol etc.(even if you eat zero extra fat).

If fruits were 10% protein we would not get all these cravings.

My view is that we have to eat more greens to get the satiety effect of protein, just a little bit more protein.

Are you getting enough sleep and greens?  Otherwise, I wouldn't worry about it.  It's probably stress related, just be nice to yourself.  Your health will probably skyrocket once you are out of school.

yes! school is pretty much the opposite of health. sitting inside is the opposite of moving outside. can you guess which one leads to better health?

hey Nerada, i'm in school too, and i also notice i eat wayyy more when i am stressed and having to study and whatnot. i also have to eat about 1000 more calories than i usually do when i don't get enough sleep, so i do my best to sleep as much as possible to keep things balanced. but for me, less sleep = more calories.

Thanks everyone so much for your replies! I am getting enough greens I think, I eat almost a kg of spinach every other day and try to eat at least one head of lettuce every day. I know spinach isn't optimal but I am picky when it comes to greens... Do cucumbers count as veggies, or are they a type of fruit? I love those too :) Or would you recommend some other greens that are not harmful for the stomach and will help with nutrients?

I guess it really is the stress and lack of sleep. I have only been sleeping 7-8 hours every night, I feel the best when I get at least 10 hours of sleep, but that is just not realistic right now. I am working again on the 25th of March and will have almost a month off in May! Can't wait for that!! :D

RSS

About

TheBananaGirl created this Ning Network.

30BaD Search

Latest Activity

Stephen posted photos
yesterday
ednshell replied to Silvery's discussion What are some vitamins you recommend?
Saturday
Profile IconStephen and Carolin joined 30 Bananas a Day!
Saturday
ednshell replied to ednshell's discussion Top German Scientist questions COVID19 response in open letter to Merkel
Saturday
ednshell posted a discussion
Saturday
OrganicMark posted a status
"DUD PARTS Coronavirus testing delayed after kits found to be contaminated by Covid-19 #NoVaccine #organic #fruits https://j.mp/3aDW0ye"
Apr 2
Samantha Marie Alvarez left a comment for Scooby the Cantaloupe Kid
Apr 1
Samantha Marie Alvarez and Scooby the Cantaloupe Kid are now friends
Apr 1
Meurig Rowlands is now a member of 30 Bananas a Day!
Apr 1
Samantha Marie Alvarez posted a discussion
Apr 1
Mika M is now a member of 30 Bananas a Day!
Mar 30
"Bahrain, Belgium Report COVID-19 Treatment Touted By Trump Working For Patients #organic #fruits #vegetables #health https://j.mp/39p6zno"
Mar 27
Cassie K and DreamsofFreedom are now friends
Mar 27
Cassie K added a discussion to the group Gardening for food and fun.
Mar 27
Sarah Troyer and Kevin are now friends
Mar 20
"Visualizing The History Of Pandemics... By Death Toll #NoVaccine #organic #fruits #vegetables #health #longevity http://j.mp/2x0ghPI"
Mar 18

© 2020   Created by TheBananaGirl.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service