30 Bananas a Day!

Out of all my reading here i still do not know what to do about juices. I must have missed the juice debate?

Can somebody please give me the answer to whether or not juicing is recommended?

Please address the against arguments:

1. no fiber>>>floods the blood with sugar to fast

2. (not so important because i can brush but..)damaging to teeth because most fruits brush your teeth while eating them

Views: 1165

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Considering digestion of the body wastes energy, what do you think?

In The liquid form the body wasting the least energy, so he saves energy, and it can absorb all the vitamins in the easiest and most effective way it can, The body knows best So listen to him...

while it is true that digesting fiber-less foods requires less energy, i am not sure whether the nutrients are better absorbed in that way. in fact i believe it's quite the opposite... so it's a trade-off that may have a negative sum in the end. 

Digestion starts in the mouth where you grind the whole matter as much as possible. If you use a blender you bypass the chewing but also break the foods into a smaller easier digestible suspended particulates allowing your body much easier digestion. The tiny particulate matter is much smaller so the surface area is much greater and in most foods absorption is also greater as much less is excreted undigested. The glycemic index rises some because of the quicker and increased digestion.

Juicing does the same but you toss a good deal of the usable food and the fiber so cost becomes an issue. If you don't count the waste, pound for pound consumed juiced fruits and vegetables have more absorbable nutrition and vitamins at the cost of a higher glycemic index. Fruits are pretty easy to digest so raising glycemic index and removing the fiber has little benefit unless you're competing that day and need an extremely efficient energy supply.

Dark greens generally have extremely low GI and are much tougher to digest. Juicing them allows a greater mineral and vitamin intake while removing much of the gas and indigestible fiber. I wouldn't even bother juicing fruits but if you have major problems digesting "greens" then juicing them helps enormously until your body has time to adapt to the increased fiber load.

Right now I can eat numerous pounds of whole kale, spinach, chard, mustard greens  lettuces with no problems at all but juicing them sure does make it easy when I'm on the go.

With greens though, you have oxalic acid and eating too many is bad for you.  Eating tender leafy greens in their whole state naturally stops you from getting too much oxalic acid.

I've been doing occasional juice fasts for nearly 40 years...my longest was 41 days.  Here's my take: A juice fast is a terrific way to periodically cleanse and rest our system, while also deeply alkalizing it.  During the fast, I feel fantastic....aside from the welcome healing crises.  Unless we started 80/10/10rv as infants, it's likely we can all use a cleanse here and there.

From time to time, I drink a glass of freshly-made juice with my Champion.  Is it the ideal food?  Nope.  Is it a delicious way to add nutrients here and there.  I believe so.

RSS

About

TheBananaGirl created this Ning Network.

30BaD Search

Latest Activity

Paul Rodgers posted a video

Anger BROUGHT the JUSTICE to Washington DC. Jon Stewart (who's pro-vegan) shames leaders for 9' straight

Jon Stewart & 911 responders go to Washington D.C. for health funding, and faces empty chairs. He gives a 9 minute rant, shaming the Congressional leaders. S...
14 hours ago
allie posted a discussion
18 hours ago
allie posted a photo
18 hours ago
Paul Rodgers replied to RawVeganGamer's discussion Taking good care of your teeth with fluoride.
yesterday
Paul Rodgers replied to Silvery's discussion Is it safe to eat the water that you use to boil brocolli and cabbage?
yesterday
YellowEmperor and Courtney Beth are now friends
Monday
pradtf replied to pradtf's discussion great site with nutritional research information
Sunday
Melissa Grace replied to Melissa Grace's discussion Vegan and Raw Vegan Eco-village(s) “Total Union”
Thursday
Paul Rodgers posted a video

Megan Elizabeth and drewmorg - vegan traitors trash high-raw-vegans

drewmorg has recently interviewed Megan Elizabeth. There was talk of Megan's diet which now includes meat, and more,
Jun 13
Erick Goodman is now a member of 30 Bananas a Day!
Jun 13
Melissa Grace posted a discussion
Jun 13
pradtf replied to pradtf's discussion great site with nutritional research information
Jun 10
Jun 6
Ronnie Smith posted a blog post
Jun 4
OrganicMark posted a status
"What The Secret Space Force Really Looks Like May Surprise You! 2019-2020 #awakening #peace #truth #love #light #now http://bit.ly/2XovQZF"
Jun 4
ednshell replied to Silvery's discussion Is it safe to eat the water that you use to boil brocolli and cabbage?
Jun 3

© 2019   Created by TheBananaGirl.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service