30 Bananas a Day!

One of my friends who is interested in becoming a vegan, and possibly a raw vegan is exploring all the little facts and such. One of her big things is that she thinks Jesus was a meat eater, and therfore she should be one...
Whether that line of thinking makes sense is another story, but I was wondering if y'all had any information on this?

Katherine

Views: 2021

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Yes Jesus did eat meat the most famous example is the Lamb at last supper. I have read channeling's were he speaks of diet and nutrition. He makes it clear that his purpose was to raise consciousness and that in those days people would only eat meat about once every ten days so it didn't have a enormous effect on their bodies. They ate so little meat mostly due to economics and availability. In his present teachings he claims that raw vegan can work for a small amount of the human population but not the whole. I will attach a link to my resource.
http://www.askrealjesus.com/askrealjesus/jesusanswers/practicallivi...
Hey Michael how do you know he ate meat? That link or claim can't be substantiated, at the end of the day none of the information we have can be proven credible. We need to have lived in the era to really know. My heart says he was vego and also the Essene Gospel of Peace...

Here are some words from Jesus shared with the Essenes, found in ancient manuscripts from the 3rd century. Apparently there is video evidence of these manuscripts being unearthed.

You will find the following quotes in the Essene Gospel of Peace..

"Thou shalt not kill"

'Thou shalt not kill,' for life is given to all by God, and that which God has given, let not man take away. For-I tell you truly, from one Mother proceeds all that lives upon the earth. Therefore, he who kills, kills his brother. And from him will the Earthly Mother turn away, and will pluck from him her quickening breasts. And he will be shunned by her angels, and Satan will have his dwelling in his body. And the flesh of slain beasts in his body will become his own tomb. For I tell you truly, he who kills, kills himself, and whoso eats the flesh of slain beasts, eats of the body of death. For in his blood every drop of their blood turns to poison; in his breath their breath to stink; in his flesh their flesh to boils; in his bones their bones to chalk; in his bowels their bowels t o decay; in his eyes their eyes to scales; in his ears their ears to waxy issue. And their death will become his death.

"I have given you every herb bearing seed... to you it shall be for meat"

Kill not, neither eat the flesh of your innocent prey, lest you become the slaves of Satan. For that is the path of sufferings, and it leads unto death. But do the will of God, that his angels may serve you on the way of life. Obey, therefore, the words of God: 'Behold, I have given you every herb bearing seed, which is upon the face of all the earth, and every tree, in the which is the fruit of a tree yielding seed; to you it shall be for meat. And to every beast of the earth, and to every fowl of the air, and to everything that creepeth upon the earth, wherein there is breath of life, I give every green herb for meat.

"eat not anything which fire, or frost, or water has destroyed"

But I do say to you: Kill neither men, nor beasts, nor yet the food which goes into your mouth. For if you eat living food, the same will quicken you, but if you kill your food, the dead food will kill you also. For life comes only from life, and from death comes always death. For everything which kills your foods, kills your bodies also. And everything which kills your bodies kills your souls also. And your bodies become what your foods are, even as your spirits, likewise, become what your thoughts are. Therefore, eat not anything which fire, or frost, or water has destroyed. For burned, frozen and rotted foods will burn, freeze and rot your body also. Be not like the foolish husbandman who sowed in his ground cooked, and frozen, and rotten seeds. And the autumn came, and his fields bore nothing. And great was his distress. But be like that husbandman who sowed in his field living seed, and whose field bore living ears of wheat, paying a hundredfold for the seeds which he planted. For I tell you truly, live only by the fire of life, and prepare not your foods with the fire of death, which kills your foods, your bodies and your souls also."

"It is the fire which blazes outside your body, which is hotter than your blood. With that fire of death you cook your foods in your homes and in your fields. I tell you truly, it is the same fire which destroys your foods and your bodies, even as the fire of malice, which ravages your thoughts, ravages your spirits. For your body is that which you eat, and your spirit is that which you think. Eat nothing, therefore, which a stronger fire than the fire of life has killed. Wherefore, prepare and eat all fruits of trees, and all grasses of the fields, and afl milk of beasts good for eating. For all these are fed and ripened by the fire of life; all are the gift of the angels of our Earthly Mother. But eat nothing to which only the fire of death gives savor, for such is of Satan."

"So eat always from the table of God: the fruits of the trees, the grain and grasses of the field, the milk of beasts, and the honey of bees. For everything beyond these is of Satan, and leads by the way of sins and of diseases unto death. But the foods which you eat from the abundant table of God give strength and youth to your body, and you will never see diseases

Eat, therefore, all your life at the table of our Earthly Mother, and you will never see want. And when you eat at her table, eat all things even as they are found on the table of the Earthly Mother. Cook not, neither mix all things one with another, lest your bowels become as steaming bogs. For I tell you truly, this is abominable in the eyes of the Lord.
this makes total sense, but i would have to add a little thought...
i would think that he would have to at least semi-adopt the culture's way of eating or else he would be automatically alienated from the start. like try to go and be invited to someones house for dinner, at that time, and refuse food....that is like total disrespect.
also, i believe he probably did not eat much meat, but i would not think of him totally excluding it, maybe almost eating it sacramental-y in small amounts. that is just my thought.
many times he is invited in and greeted with food from people and i don't know how much food he could really refuse because of being in his, more or less, wandering situation.
:)
also, many different denominations of christianity and catholicism and judaism do not think of the essene scrolls as legit. the essenes had a completely different depiction of the earth and us working symbiotically in a way that does not destruct nature so obviously many different sects will not concur with this information.
The guy raised people from the dead I believe it is safe to say he was probably already pretty alienated :) lolol
What are your thoughts on: "So eat always from the table of God: the fruits of the trees, the grain and grasses of the field, the milk of beasts, and the honey of bees."?
You can google 'Jesus Vegan' and get info but I'm not sure it's accurate. I think he ate meat (from reading the New Testament, he at least served it to people). But I've told Christian friends, 'hey, he only lived 33 years here, I'm aiming for 3x that many, so eating healthy is important' LOL.

hacres.com might be a good site for her to consider (mostly raw and most veg except I think they ate butter and fish oil supps now).

Another thing to think about is the Garden of Eden. I think they were raw, eating the fruit right off the trees!
yes, in the garden of eden the animals were their friends and comfort, they did not kill, they did not eat other than the beautiful fruit on the trees, except for that one forbidden...too bad they just had to go and muck that up, eh?

i bet that forbidden fruit must of tasted awesome......really awesome

Yes but God was the first one to kill an animal for its skin......to clothe Adam and Eve after the fall
I've thought about this myself; I haven't reached any conclusions, but here are a couple of thoughts:

Does diet have anything to do with saving your soul - as in, does eating a specific way save you? I think no, and I think the Bible teaches that it does not. What saves your soul is love (to use a catch-all to encompass loving God, your neighbor, etc). Maybe there are some times in history when you can have that and eat meat/cooked, because you have to to survive, and certain animals (ie fish, the meat Jesus eats most often) aren't really treated badly before being eaten (not saying that it's OK to eat fish now).

I believe at the current point in time, it is more loving to be vegan; we don't have to eat or use animal products to survive, we are so lucky. I don't think you're doomed if you fail at this, but personally I think I have to try. As for raw, I don't think it really has a moral or spiritual aspect; except that for me it makes me feel closer to God. Maybe it's not like that for everyone though.

As for the lamb, that seems to be more a of symbolic thing than saying we should literally eat lamb. Jesus is the Lamb of God. I didn't understand at all when we had, like, a stupid lamb-shaped cake in my confirmation class for Passover, plus actual lamb meat. Doesn't it kind of make you NOT want to eat lamb, if anything???
"What saves your soul is love"

Nope what saves your soul is believing on the Lord Jesus Christ" We are saved by faith through Christ at least that is what Christians believe.

I agree with you it is not a matter of salvation
I don't mean to step on toes here but you'd have to first debate over whether he existed, then debate on whether you can trust the bibles account of him. I suppose if she's a christian this is a moot point, but one thing you can let her know is that no religion condones meat eating. Not a single one. AND she'll be in good company if she decide's to become a vegan/vegetarian: Buddha, Gandhi, Emerson, Thoreau, Einstein, Da Vinci, Sri Aurobindo, Tolstoy, Darwin, Schwietzer, Guru Nakak, Pythagaros, Socrates, Plato, Aristotle, Hippocrates, the Dalai Lama and all the tibetan saints, and nearly every swami/yogi/saint/sage who ever existed etc etc etc. The list is pretty huge.

RSS

About

TheBananaGirl created this Ning Network.

30BaD Search

Latest Activity

VeganKeyes's photo was featured
1 hour ago
pradtf replied to pradtf's discussion great site with nutritional research information
11 hours ago
OrganicMark posted a status
"Something Just Broke In China As Repo Rate Soars To 1,000% Overnight #awakening #peace #truth #love #light #now http://bit.ly/32A0ORD"
Saturday
"Shocking News about Salem Media and the CIA #evolution #awakening #peace #truth #love #light #now http://bit.ly/2xTX7bz"
Friday
"Iran Offers Nuclear Deal If US Lifts Sanctions; Oil Tumbles #evolution #awakening #peace #truth #love #light #now http://bit.ly/2JPO80q"
Thursday
"Bank Run: Deutsche Bank Clients Are Pulling $1 Billion A Day #evolution #awakening #peace #truth #love #light #now http://bit.ly/2XQ3Nqr"
Thursday
Rock and Nemo are now friends
Jul 16
"#SerialBrain2 - Winning: Trump now controls the chemtrails! (Pt.2) #awakening #peace #truth #love #light #now http://bit.ly/2GbYV48"
Jul 15
"Housing Bubble 2.0 - Foreclosure Filing Onslaught is On the Way #evolution #awakening #peace #truth #love #light #now http://bit.ly/2JFxuAL"
Jul 15
Profile Iconchungculands, Deya Storm, Luke Robinson and 1 more joined 30 Bananas a Day!
Jul 15
pradtf replied to pradtf's discussion great site with nutritional research information
Jul 15
Tanya Popovic left a comment for Rebecca
Jul 12
Rebecca left a comment for Rebecca
Jul 12
Profile Iconcal bates, mark wilcox, Claire Hyun and 4 more joined 30 Bananas a Day!
Jul 11
Eddie (Mecca Date Farm) replied to Eddie (Mecca Date Farm)'s discussion Semi Dry Medjool Dates, 20 # for $67.00 US. from meccadatefarm.com
Jul 10
Eddie (Mecca Date Farm) posted a discussion
Jul 10

© 2019   Created by TheBananaGirl.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service