30 Bananas a Day!

I don't grow my own wheatgrass, but today I was in a health shop (pretty discouraged, everything is processed! ...the hell?!) and I bought a wheat grass shot. Then I went to the mall (I'm not really a shopper but The Girls need a new bra) and was really nauseated.

I had a full LFV raw breakfast of about 470 calories, at least 2 L of water, so I don't know if it was the wheatgrass, or the perfume samples wafting through the mall.

I normally have a stomach of iron. All I could think was "Please don't let me lose this $4 shot of wheat grass on the floor of the mall."

Also what are the nutritional stats for wheatgrass juice? Not on the cron-o-meter.

Views: 741

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

just curious what's in your blended green salad for dinner?
I drink it, I feel better, thats what I need to know!

I don't consume wheatgrass. The last time I had it was around 1 year ago from a smoothie shop. I felt extremely nauseous and vomited not long afterwards. The taste was even more horrid coming back up! 

If any food causes vomiting it leaves my meal plan. 

lol, good philosophy. I always felt that way about sea food, jello, and wild rice when I was a kid. *heave*
100% agreed!
Although, is there a connection to the nausea affect coming from wheatgrass shots sold in shops vs. grown at home?
The only wild horses(i know of) are considered invasive species...
I drink wheat grass or barley powder mixed in a glass of water, almost daily, no problem, i use 1-3 teaspoons a day. When I visit my mum I drink fresh wehatgrass juice , also no problem. But i agree, that if you body is toxic or you have negative expectation about wheatgrass taste, it may cause womiting. Same with beets or beetroot juice. I eat them almost daily, no  probs, but for some may be too much. One way to reduce side effects of wheatgrass or beetroot juice would be eat a few apples straigth after, It says that pectin in apple pick up all the toxins that are dumpted following drinking wheat grass or beetroot juice, though I do not have a scientific reference to this claim. But you can read more on mini beet protocol. http://robertvon.com/
YES!!!!! I love wheatgrass...if you swirl it in your mouth b4 swallowing the saliva will help break it down and it'll adjust to your body. I grow all mine.

Been growing and drinking it for 35 years.  Down to 8 oz/day (from 1/quart/day 25 years ago).  Sometimes I juice the mature grass, sometimes the (intense) green sprouts (3-4 inches tall).

Used to do bedside delivery at 5 am, literally bedside--had keys to house, woke people up (yes, couples also) for their shots (actually, 5 shots, my customers had to commit to 5 oz/day, 5 days/wk) to qualify for my service).

If they did not drink it, they were replaced on the route.

I was living in Aspen (14 years) and my customers ranged from doctors, lawyers, nurses, waitresses, bank presidents, and rock band members.  (and Tom Crumb).  Interesting episode of my life.  I declined to expand my route 20 miles to include Goldie Hawn.  (Thereby denying myself the privilege of meeting Kate Hudson--well, maybe not that great of a privilege--she was only 5 years old at the time...)

I have my grow areas--and supply to friends as well--at no charge, just exchange of unspecified, random favors.  I also have a killer worm ranch in my basement--3 yards of dirt worth.

On some forums, I am "Wheatgrass".

Before I first went raw, I could drink wheatgrass and didn't mind the taste so much, and felt pretty healthy for doing it. A few months ago, (whilst unraw) I had a fresh shot at the juice bar and didn't felt too good. It upset my belly and tasted revolting.

RSS

About

TheBananaGirl created this Ning Network.

30BaD Search

Latest Activity

Profile IconLeeanne and Eva joined 30 Bananas a Day!
yesterday
OrganicMark posted a status
"CNN Lays Off Staffers After Massive Ratings Drop #evolution #awakening #peace #truth #love #light #now http://bit.ly/2EsDsDd"
yesterday
Profile IconHeather and Ken Ebacher joined 30 Bananas a Day!
Wednesday
Eileen A. Murphy posted a status
"Just ate my first banana, today!"
Tuesday
Profile IconEileen A. Murphy and Evan Vallee joined 30 Bananas a Day!
May 21
pradtf replied to pradtf's discussion great site with nutritional research information
May 21
OrganicMark posted a status
"Housing Bubble 2.0 - Foreclosure Filings Up in 17 States - Fannie Mae Sells Off Critical Inventory #peace #truth #now http://bit.ly/2Hskhez"
May 20
Meredith is now a member of 30 Bananas a Day!
May 17
Profile IconFedor Malkin and Karmenac33 joined 30 Bananas a Day!
May 16
pradtf replied to pradtf's discussion great site with nutritional research information
May 15
Pete Braglia and ednshell are now friends
May 14
Kelly's photo was featured
May 14
Pete Braglia is now a member of 30 Bananas a Day!
May 14
ednshell posted a discussion
May 11
Windlord's photo was featured
May 11

© 2019   Created by TheBananaGirl.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service