30 Bananas a Day!

I've been feeling better and better on 80 10 10 but I still want to eat salt all the time. I know it will take some time before I eliminate all my old habits and it's probably better for me to not have any salt. 

I was just wondering is there really any proof that removing salt from my diet is necessary to heal my body? There are lots of animals in the wild that will eat salt and clay when they find it and it seems natural to eat it in small amounts. We all need natural sodium so why is refined salt so bad in small amounts?

Also I just watched this video about a long time LFRV who says he actually feels better eating some cooked foods with salt: 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tqlmTQFdF7Y

Views: 4249

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

as your taste buds change you'll have less desire for salt. I can eat things now with no salt that others taste and are like OMG SALT PLEASE GROSS RARRA and im like baffled as I feel it tastes just great just the way that it is. reading in the 80/10/10 book that too much salt can actually kill a person opened my eyes.

Before eating this way I avoided salt like the plague anyhow. I hate the water retention that comes along with it. and some diets will advocate it so you dont get dehydrated. I say how bout just drink more water?

Since I started eating like this I've been ok But early on I had a few times i felt rather queesy after running and reached for pedialyete etc.. 

Your body is probably less likly to release toxins and such if your putting salt on yoru food. and I hate to say it but a lot of folks version of a smidge of salt is a LOT more salt then a smidge. My wife can add salt to something and i'm liek OMG YUCK!. 

Try and think about what your eating and appreciate it for what it is in its simple form. Soon you'll see its just fine the way that it is and doesnt need any salt. 

Technically too much water can kill a person also. I did go through the 811 book and it causes all sorts of dysfunctions including dehydration, water retention, and killing the tastebuds. So I had dinner without salt :)

Every time I end up having salt I end up needing more and more, it's been difficult for me to take it out of my diet, but I know it helps me in the long run.

Thanks for you story! I feel a lot more clear about things now.

another thing that helped me was reading labels to see the daily percentage of sodium in various products I used to enjoy. I realized i was eating waaaaaaaaaaay to much salt without even knowing it. Because i felt a lot of the stuff i was eating didnt have sufficient salt to begin with and then was adding even more salt even though they had plenty. 

Looking at those numbers broken down might help you too guage if your getting more then what they recomend or not. If your near there marks or above them you will have to work on bringing it down. I was off the charts without even trying and i'm not all that big on salt to begin with.

white salt isnt vegan and vary bad for health my fren :)

Salt is a chemical compound NaCl. It's vegan buddy. 

i think he means the process of "purifying"/refining the salt isn't vegan, and that is what makes it white, kind of like how white sugar has been processed through filters made of charcoal that can contain animal bone char.

@ cody

What PR said above-- I'm not aware of salt being non-vegan.  You may be thinking of white sugar, which is often whitened with animal products for some weird reason.  

@Christina, it's important to distinguish between sodium and overt salt.  The former is an essential nutrient and readily available in produce.  http://www.raw-food-health.net/Nutrition-Requirements.html#axzz1hnZ...

The latter isn't supported on this site, with plenty of experience and reasoning as to "why."  You're welcome to view the information here, and decide for yourself:

http://www.30bananasaday.com/notes/Ingredients_and_Materials_not_sup

This is a great resource, thank you! It's great to have the facts straight especially when I all I can think about is eating salt. I'm back on track again now.  

I also eat everything without salt. In the beginning it is really hard, but it gets easier and you start to really apreciate the natural taste of foods. Apart from it being quite toxic, as soon as I eat it, the cellulite on my legs gets really strong, even if I drink more water. If I'm eating no salt for about half a year it is so light, almost gone...

I think freelee did a good video about salt and weight loss, salt and health.

sodium (not salt which is sodium chloride) is essential for life however it ahouls be obtained through organic vegan sources such as organic raw celery & other greens.

the problem with getting sodium from veggies this days is that most are grown in crappy depleted soil and have no sodium in them. Some quality organic produce on the other hand have lots more, which we would find in nature. Therefore we crave salty things much more on this diet when not eating organic.

Salt as a compound NaCl is not healthy because our body can' t break it down and use it as sodium. I don' t have a reference for this claim.

Therefore the best you can do for your cravings is buy organic and if you can' t, try to go under 1000mg per day. I sometimes use low sodium tomato sauce or tomato juice for my cravings.

RSS

About

TheBananaGirl created this Ning Network.

30BaD Search

Latest Activity

OrganicMark posted a status
"Covid Lockdowns Killing 29 Times More People Than Covid? - with Dr. Ron Paul #awakening #peace #truth #love #light https://j.mp/2BGeQJ4"
yesterday
luke left a comment for Mean Vegan Girl
Sunday
luke and Mean Vegan Girl are now friends
Sunday
Melissa Grace left a comment for Raisa
Jul 4
"Covid911 INSURGENCY #evolution #awakening #peace #truth #love #light https://j.mp/2YKEZ1O"
Jul 1
"!! DANGER !!Test Shows Oxygen Levels Drop into the DANGER ZONE FIVE SECONDS After Putting on a Mask. #truth #light https://j.mp/2ZeLBog"
Jun 29
Lucas mcclaren's photo was featured
Jun 29
Eunice Su-Ai joined Marina's group
Jun 28
TheBananaGirl replied to Raini Pachak's discussion Oh, hey.
Jun 25
Zeus Lopez Perez posted a discussion
Jun 25
"Bayer Pays $10BN To Settle Thousands Of Monsanto Glyphosate Lawsuits #organic #fruits #vegetables #health #longevity https://j.mp/317rw5S"
Jun 23
Rus Talis replied to pradtf's discussion great site with nutritional research information
Jun 14
Rus Talis commented on ednshell's video
Jun 13
ednshell commented on ednshell's video
Jun 10
ednshell posted a video

Lies, Coverups, Google, Censorship, and the Whistleblower of the Year: Zach Vorhies (Part 1)

Charlene interviews the Whistleblower of the year, Zach Vorhies! Zach has done what few others have dared to do, tell the truth about Google and Big Tech and...
Jun 10
Lucas mcclaren posted a photo
Jun 10

© 2020   Created by TheBananaGirl.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service