30 Bananas a Day!

Ive seen it classified as a melon in some publications. This morning I drank a smoothie with papaya and cantaloupe and now my tummy HUUUUUURTS!
Either way I wont be drinking this combo anymore, even though it tasted pretty yummy.

What do you guys think?

Views: 9073

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Botanically speaking, papaya is a berry.

For example, botanically, papayas are berries.

Botanically a berry, the papaya is a member of a very small ....

What pear-shaped fruit resembles a melon on the inside but is botanically a berry? Juicy, sweet papaya!

I find this over and again.
Thanks for all of your input :)
Sara you being in Hawaii it's probably not the case, but for everyone else when your tummy hurts after eating papaya the following may be-

prewarmed in water at 110º F (43.33º C) for about 40 min, then quickly immersed for 20 min at 119º (48.33º C). This double-dipping maybe replaced by irradiation. One little-used method is a vapor-heat treatment following dry heat at 110º F (43.33º C) and 40% relative humidity.

Fruits that have had hot water treatment and EDB fumigation and then have been stored in 1.5% oxygen at 55º F (13º C) for 12 days will have a shelf life of about 3 1/2 days at room temperature. Fruits that have had hot water treatment when 1/4 colored, followed by irradiation at 75-100 krad, and storage at 2-4% oxygen and 60º F (16º C) for 6 days will have a market life of 8 days. Those held for 12 days will be saleable thereafter for 5 days.

In Puerto Rico, gamma irradiation (25-50 krads) delayed ripening up to 7 days. Treatment at 100 krads slightly accelerated ripening in storage. Even at the lowest level irradiation inhibited fungal growth. Carotenoid content was unaffected but ascorbic acid was slightly reduced at all exposures.

Partly ripe papayas stored below 50º F (10º C) will never fully ripen. This is the lowest temperature at which ripe papayas can be held without chilling injury.

'Solo 62/3' fruits harvested in Trinidad at the first sign of yellow, treated with fungicide, placed in perforated polyethylene bags and packed in individual compartments in cartons, have been shipped to England by air (2 days' flight), ripened at 68º F (20º C), and found to be of excellent quality and flavor.

The same cultivar, similarly handled, withstood transport in the refrigerated hold of a ship for 21 days. Immediately ripened on arrival, the fruits were well accepted on the London market. Sea shipment proved to be the more economical.

Hypobaric (low pressure) containers have made possible satisfactory sea shipment (18-21 days) of hot-water treated and fungicidal-waxed papayas

It's not completely raw.
It's good to know the seed is raw. :o) Do you have photos of the trees? I'll bet they're so pretty!
So would I eat papaya preferably in the morning? I know its chock full of enzymes and I heard its good to combine with avocados given they are a fat and take longer to digest so the papaya helps...but I know nothing, I simply go by hearsay. Anyone?

RSS

About

TheBananaGirl created this Ning Network.

30BaD Search

Latest Activity

Paul Rodgers posted a video

Anger BROUGHT the JUSTICE to Washington DC. Jon Stewart (who's pro-vegan) shames leaders for 9' straight

Jon Stewart & 911 responders go to Washington D.C. for health funding, and faces empty chairs. He gives a 9 minute rant, shaming the Congressional leaders. S...
yesterday
allie posted a discussion
yesterday
allie posted a photo
yesterday
Paul Rodgers replied to RawVeganGamer's discussion Taking good care of your teeth with fluoride.
Tuesday
Paul Rodgers replied to Silvery's discussion Is it safe to eat the water that you use to boil brocolli and cabbage?
Monday
YellowEmperor and Courtney Beth are now friends
Monday
pradtf replied to pradtf's discussion great site with nutritional research information
Sunday
Melissa Grace replied to Melissa Grace's discussion Vegan and Raw Vegan Eco-village(s) “Total Union”
Jun 14
Paul Rodgers posted a video

Megan Elizabeth and drewmorg - vegan traitors trash high-raw-vegans

drewmorg has recently interviewed Megan Elizabeth. There was talk of Megan's diet which now includes meat, and more,
Jun 13
Erick Goodman is now a member of 30 Bananas a Day!
Jun 13
Melissa Grace posted a discussion
Jun 13
pradtf replied to pradtf's discussion great site with nutritional research information
Jun 10
Jun 6
Ronnie Smith posted a blog post
Jun 4
OrganicMark posted a status
"What The Secret Space Force Really Looks Like May Surprise You! 2019-2020 #awakening #peace #truth #love #light #now http://bit.ly/2XovQZF"
Jun 4
ednshell replied to Silvery's discussion Is it safe to eat the water that you use to boil brocolli and cabbage?
Jun 3

© 2019   Created by TheBananaGirl.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service