30 Bananas a Day!

Is everybody's goal here to earn enough money to get a piece of land in a tropical place to grow their mini-fruit farm and then not have a job?

If not, why not?

Views: 5950

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I dont know whether its a goal or not. I am trying to see a bigger picture which takes a lot of time and effort. There are other things to consider - all other people around who i like and the magnetic power of perfect rock-climbing in europe is not to be underestimated as well :)) But when i look at it...hmm half a meter of snow and living almost entirely from bananas for last 3 moths...maybe its not so good in here after all :)
you could give away your fruit to the most needy
YESSS!!!!!!!!!!!
MY DREAM!
I am unsure exactly what I intend to do. I must consider my wife and eventually children besides myself. Also I think about my family who would miss me soooo much hehe :). I have three main options:
fruit forest/biodynamic farm in temperate climate, setting the example (fruit storage/self-sufficient)

fruit farm in tropics......

Living aboard a sailboat sailing to different countries enjoying the relative freedom (Thailand, Costa Rica, California, ORegon, Europe, Australia, hopefully visiting 30BADers.....who knows where lol.

Like I said, not sure. First the wife and I must pay off debt, then save money, then we must decide.
Piece of land in a tropical place, YES. Grow a fruit farm to be self-sufficient, YES. Not have a job, NO.
My husband and I just got back from Costa Rica and are looking for land to invest in so we can fulfill our dream of starting an eco-tourism business. Anyone interested or have any ideas?-message me!
I have been creating food forest abundance in a few places here in Hawaii for the past 8 years, ( started with no money no worries) It is a blessing to be in such a healthy enviroment of clean water, soil and air, such a large diversity of plants from around the world to enjoy all year round , many climate zones for any kind of fruit.
I can do what ever i want any day or night i choose, no bills no worrys, no snakes, poisonous bugs, or preditory animals or thorny kind plants out in nature, so all love no fear , stomp thru jungle make your own trail , its all good, bare foot , clothing optional hehe
I estamate 90% of food consumed here is imported and people my age rather play games and listen to ipod or read, watch entertainment, while everyday so many good fruits fall to the ground for the other creatures to consume back into the soil, this island can be easily sustainable, i am and a few other 811 ersliving off of my farms, I have no bills to pay ,, being a farmer, growing plants has many benifits in a neighborhood , so i have the best lands i have chosen for my landscaping creations that are growing a forest of food so when the ships stop bringing food here the common people will be able to stop serving the tourist and shopping at costco and will learn or relearn how to do the land dance with me, or they better be really good at natural building, crafting useful materials or something needed in the area so they can trade services for food,
finishing my 30 days in Thailand right now in korea waiting for plane to take me home I think about the thousands of farms and farmers i met and saw here, and feel a level of respect for their culture of work and community that i have never felt in USA, I will post up some more pics to help paint a image in your mind of what i am slowly creating in my home,
I share most of my food i grow with children and friends/family, because selling it is not much money realy , I do tree trimming and sell some rare plants for good pay , then use that money for new plants/seeds/ wheelburrow/shovels or what ever is needed for aiding the proscess of the garden prodjects here,, now as of this past few months there is some 811ers on my farm so we eat everything, haha
so happy to be home in 17 hours 23 minutes
owning land is not nessasary, hard to explain but is better to be free spirit
unless you have a trust fund or something,, I know a few people whos job is to spend money every day,,, hmmmmn, i wish i was rich, then can make big changes but for now doing great things with very little resources.
many place around the world this can be done ussually at the ends of roads next to streams, waterfalls, springs are the good farms, maybe you can find one in your area and go help out and learn exchange for food and stay
>>owning land is not nessasary, hard to explain but is better to be free spirit

could u explain it even if it's hard to explain
I love your story, Coconut. How did you get connected to Hawaii in the first place? Are you working with an organization in Thailand for 30 days? How is "owning land not necessary"?
"owning land not necessary"
I think that means to work on somebody else land, in exchange for accommodation, some of the production (if not all on a specific plot), and even sometimes money. Just a caretaker of a piece of land.
There are more people looking for caretakers than you can think of. I know maybe 3 or 4 just in my area. But of course, you have to be ready to work, and sometimes to live in old houses that can be far from what you imagine if you live in the city... But romantic ;-)
Could you refer me to those caretakers?
I can refer you to people looking for caretakers. Is that what you are looking for?

RSS

About

TheBananaGirl created this Ning Network.

30BaD Search

Latest Activity

Aysel is now friends with Houdini Steve Owens and Sugalena
Wednesday
OrganicMark posted a status
"Why the 2008 Housing Crisis Recovery Is Just an Illusion (w/ Keith Jurow) #evolution #awakening #peace #truth #light http://j.mp/2ODSZ93"
Tuesday
"Not Transitory - Fed Liquidity Handout Surges To Near $90 Billion #evolution #awakening #peace #truth #love #light http://j.mp/35F4Sl5"
Tuesday
Frugisaurus and Alex Curtis-Slep are now friends
Monday
Michael Lanfield posted a video

Return to the Gentle Sea by Michael Lanfield with Music by Dr. Will Tuttle, PhD (Full Audiobook)

Return to the Gentle Sea: For the Love That Lives in Everyone is a book on spiritual healing and cultural transformation on the human relationship to nonhuman animals. It explains how living in a herding culture, eating animals and their secretions,…
Sunday
Michael Lanfield commented on ednshell's video
Sunday
Michael Lanfield and Olga are now friends
Sunday
Raw Aussie Athlete and Lil Green Coconut are now friends
Sunday
ednshell replied to Tams's discussion Best vegan retreats ?
Oct 13
ednshell posted a video

Take Back Your Power 2017 (Official) - smart meter documentary

This award-winning film documents the real story on smart meters. + Subscribe for free EMF guide & help stop 'smart' meters and 5G: https://TakeBackYourPower...
Oct 13
ednshell posted a discussion
Oct 13
Profile Iconmichael wilson, Savannah Holte, tori jacobs and 2 more joined 30 Bananas a Day!
Oct 13
"QE4 "Not A QE" Begins: Fed Starts Buying $60BN In Bills Per Month Beginning Next Week #awakening #peace #truth #light http://j.mp/2M9cmoQ"
Oct 12
Rock and Tams are now friends
Oct 12
Tams posted a discussion
Oct 11
"Powell says the Fed will start expanding its balance sheet ‘soon’ in response to funding issues #peace #truth #light http://j.mp/30Zc8ol"
Oct 11

© 2019   Created by TheBananaGirl.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service