30 Bananas a Day!

Is everybody's goal here to earn enough money to get a piece of land in a tropical place to grow their mini-fruit farm and then not have a job?

If not, why not?

Views: 5944

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

how do u get into solar sales? Is that different from being a solar panel technician?
I already have my own little piece of paradise. :))) About 1200m2 in Tassie, have and/or planted lots of fruit trees (figs, persimmons, apples, pears, cherries, nectarines, apricots, peaches, plums, avocados), various fruit bushes, and keep planting (many more to go yet). Luke has recently build a glasshouse, and we are planning to plant some custard apples inside it. Not quite tropical here but let's face, there will be a fruit forest here in a few years so who would want to move??? As far as my job, research in maths is my passion and getting paid for what I love doing is a bonus. No way I would want to give it up!
As ideal as it sounds, relationships are more important to me. So I would only do it if I could get my loved ones to more there too!
I think this is a great idea. We should work together. Let's meet up!
Zoe, I agree with you; if we are to create a fruitarian paradise on Earth, this will mean teaching everyone to live within a symbiotic relationship with all eco-systems. Urban fruit farms and eco-friendly low impact living in towns and cities is a must for every human being to aspire to: fruitarianism is a feasible way to achieve this. However, it would need an immense shift from the current economic paradigm, to an Ecological centred concept, which would engender the environment for the Earth to become "forest Eden" again. Not everyone can uproots and go to a tropical paradise; creating the change in towns and cities within urban conglomerates is a must, and for the human race to learn to live in harmony with nature.
Yes! Absolutely! I would also like to become a midwife and help ya'll fruity folks multiply.

my friend Melekai is a midwife. She is the co owner of GaiaYoga Gardens, a permaculture community here in East Hawaii that is focused on holistic living lifestyles such as midwifery and growing all our own food, etc.

Yes... am not sure we will end where it is tropical .. but will be warm....

I plan to have a greenhouse almost as large as my house... if needed to grow tropical fare...

Also envision a very small carbon footprint... living minimally...
This makes no sense to me. You'd still be working. You'd still have a job. You'd be a farmer. The time you would have used up 'working' would be used up farming the land, picking the fruits and vegetables, tending to the crops, organizing re-seeding, and doing all the other things it takes to run a farm.

Why not leave the farming to the farmers and work doing something you love instead? That's why we specialize. We let someone else make our furniture so that we can give them something in return. We trade and we all win.
yes I agree, and most people have not had an oppurtunity to live on a organic (permaculture) farm so they do not know what they are missing out on
that last part is so funny
I would love to do this. Except I would still do some other things... like teach others. I don't think I'll be able to do that though because I want to live near my mother and she isn't excited about leaving the country. And immigrating with 3 others seems daunting. Especially when none of us know anything other than English!! Of course, we can/should learn. I'd move to Florida, but that's already been vetoed.

I'm still dreaming though. Maybe it'll happen though.

RSS

About

TheBananaGirl created this Ning Network.

30BaD Search

Latest Activity

Frugisaurus's photo was featured
8 hours ago
ednshell commented on ednshell's video
8 hours ago
ednshell posted a video

Why Smoothies are the Solution to Nourishment

From a live phone wellness consultation. I was coaching my client on how to get his greens and omega-3s in (flax oil because of sensitivity to seeds). While ...
8 hours ago
ednshell replied to Frugisaurus's discussion Digestion on High Raw VS RT4/Starch based
8 hours ago
ednshell replied to Frugisaurus's discussion Digestion on High Raw VS RT4/Starch based
8 hours ago
OrganicMark posted a status
""I See No Future Here": Migration To Taiwan Surges 28% As Hong Kong Residents Flee #peace #truth #love #light #now http://j.mp/31RVJTO"
9 hours ago
Blue Coutell is now a member of 30 Bananas a Day!
9 hours ago
"Chinese Social Credit Score Prevents 2.5 Million "Discredited Entities" From Buying Plane Tickets #peace #truth #light http://j.mp/30tZWNf"
9 hours ago
pradtf replied to pradtf's discussion great site with nutritional research information
Sunday
"12 Reasons Why Negative Rates Will Devastate The World #evolution #awakening #peace #truth #love #light #now http://j.mp/31FPK4a"
Sunday
"Recession Countdown Begins: Treasury 2s10s Yield Curve Inverts For 1st Time In 12 Yrs; 30Y Yield Drops To All Time Low http://j.mp/2Z56cte"
Friday
Frugisaurus posted a discussion
Aug 12
Frugisaurus and Cyril are now friends
Aug 12
pradtf replied to pradtf's discussion great site with nutritional research information
Aug 12
"It’s Time To Expose These False Flags - Episode 1937c #evolution #awakening #peace #truth #love #light #now http://j.mp/2YBDept"
Aug 8
Frugisaurus and fruity78 are now friends
Aug 6

© 2019   Created by TheBananaGirl.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service