30 Bananas a Day!

Is everybody's goal here to earn enough money to get a piece of land in a tropical place to grow their mini-fruit farm and then not have a job?

If not, why not?

Views: 5933

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Nope.
Because I already own 5 tropical acres, 2 of them covered with permaculture gardens. And because I already quit my job years ago and have my own business (online).
I was already living the dream before I even discovered 811 :-).

PS.: And when I bought my land, as in, signed on the dotted line, I didn't have a job or business, and not a cent to my name beyond the measly deposit of 8K that I managed to scratch together. Long story, but true.
We'd have to meet. Happy to tell it one evening around the camp fire :-).

Next to one of your permaculture gardens? :P

WOw that's too awesome!

Looks like someone is way ahead of us! :) I'de love to hear the story. Where did you end up?

I bought one good acre in Kenya yesterday and plan to do just that! Its not so difficult to earn a living from farming. It is probably easier in some developing countries than in the US.
how much did it cost?
Why did u choose Kenya?
What website do u buy it from?
I have a terrible job with a US company, working within Kenya. And my wife is Kenyan. That made it easier to buy land, $2000 per acre.
Produce is about 50% of the cost as in the US. Labor is about 5%. There is a lack of diversity and quality of produce here. That makes it alot easier to find a niche and make a profit.
wow, that's extremely cheap.
is there a way to move there and buy the land even if u r not a citizen there?
I should have said it sells for $5000 per acre, and I can get you some land if you act quickly. :)
Foreigners can buy land here, and several do. But I don't know the process.
I don't have any money, it would take me some time to save some. How quickly? Do you happen to know any cheaper places than Kenya in Africa?
Not exactly. I would love to live on a tropical fruit farm, but I love what I do for a living (solar sales) and would never want to give it up entirely. Doing it part time would be lovely though. :-)

Blessings,

Audrey

RSS

About

TheBananaGirl created this Ning Network.

30BaD Search

Latest Activity

OrganicMark posted a status
"The Ugly Truth About Deutsche Bank's Stock Chart #evolution #awakening #peace #truth #love #light #now http://bit.ly/2XpbXVK"
2 hours ago
ednshell replied to allie's discussion Facial brushing damage?
4 hours ago
Paul Rodgers posted a video

Anger BROUGHT the JUSTICE to Washington DC. Jon Stewart (who's pro-vegan) shames leaders for 9' straight

Jon Stewart & 911 responders go to Washington D.C. for health funding, and faces empty chairs. He gives a 9 minute rant, shaming the Congressional leaders. S...
Tuesday
allie posted a discussion
Tuesday
allie posted a photo
Tuesday
Paul Rodgers replied to RawVeganGamer's discussion Taking good care of your teeth with fluoride.
Tuesday
Paul Rodgers replied to Silvery's discussion Is it safe to eat the water that you use to boil brocolli and cabbage?
Monday
YellowEmperor and Courtney Beth are now friends
Monday
pradtf replied to pradtf's discussion great site with nutritional research information
Sunday
Melissa Grace replied to Melissa Grace's discussion Vegan and Raw Vegan Eco-village(s) “Total Union”
Jun 14
Paul Rodgers posted a video

Megan Elizabeth and drewmorg - vegan traitors trash high-raw-vegans

drewmorg has recently interviewed Megan Elizabeth. There was talk of Megan's diet which now includes meat, and more,
Jun 13
Erick Goodman is now a member of 30 Bananas a Day!
Jun 13
Melissa Grace posted a discussion
Jun 13
pradtf replied to pradtf's discussion great site with nutritional research information
Jun 10
Jun 6
Ronnie Smith posted a blog post
Jun 4

© 2019   Created by TheBananaGirl.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service