30 Bananas a Day!

Is everybody's goal here to earn enough money to get a piece of land in a tropical place to grow their mini-fruit farm and then not have a job?

If not, why not?

Views: 5951

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

AHAHAH!!! Yes, it definitely is! We should surpass work! It's a bad invention! Knowledge also brings freedom...
In a fruitarian world, I would only consider work in the areas of services, building construction, hotels, food distribution... Hey wait a minute, work is necessary. It would be necessary even in a fruitarian world... ok I'm almost crying!
Ideally all people should live in the Tropics where complicated insulated buildings are not necessary?
Would there be enough space? And also, what would we do in the rainy seasons? Obviously, if people would remain in their actual cities, they would face more problems rather than living in a simple, natural way in the tropics. But believe a fruitarian world won't be a boring world. I still wanna rock'n'roll! My guitar can't be played without huge amps to spread my music in the air!

yes ideally

Ideally, everyone would not because I like some privacy and don't want to share my rainforest with 6 billion people! Lol
But yes theoretically it would be nice
Living in the tropics? Yes, definitely! Not working? I would want to work. Or voluneering for the community..

Having sunshine and fresh fruit for 9 more months out of the year would be amazing haha.

Oh, and owning a Savannah cat as a pet while in the tropics...they are too cool.
Yes I agree I'd want to volunteer in the community, or travel around spreading the word!
Out of interest, how much would getting this kind of setup cost?
Awesome man, please do keep me informed!
A small farmer can make money, they just have to know how and where and be able to market their fruit. Sure, if you are selling a little to poor neighbors you will have trouble. But one thing about being a small farmer that will help with making money is this: self sufficiency/trade. You need to learn to trade things you have for things you dont have, instead of relying on cash to get what you dont have. Try to make your only cash needs the amount of money you need to pay taxes (after you buy property and fruit trees). Then if you need a machette, trade a fruit seedling for it!!!! Then figure out how you will make the cash you need, which should be as small as humanly possible. PErhaps grow a special fruit that will bring in more money (cash crop). Or sell fruit seedlings and propagations. There are many options. Sure you are working, but you are doing through your farm, instead of having to go get some city job. The name of the game is making money as small a need as you can. Trade for what you dont have, and then get what money you need and be done with the getting of money.
Amen to that Eric! Sounds like a plan to me. My goal is to get off this merry-go-round, albeit I do love my current work. It is becoming tiresome and not as internally rewarding as it once was. I work for myself and would enjoy owning a communal farm and being in activity with others. I could definitely live on less than what I am doing now and lower the cost of living and the impact on the environment. I live in Florida and we have sunshine most of the year. Would enjoy more with a few mango trees, other exotic fruits and avocado trees. A friend of mine made a good living awhile ago growing only avocados and selling them, while living in south Florida near Miami.
yep, but I'll earn my dinner every day on my farm :)

RSS

About

TheBananaGirl created this Ning Network.

30BaD Search

Latest Activity

OrganicMark posted a status
"Navy Patents UFO-Like Compact Nuclear Fusion Reactor and Hybrid Space/Sea Crafts #evolution #peace #truth #love #light http://j.mp/2qtNgbW"
Sunday
Aysel is now friends with Houdini Steve Owens and Sugalena
Oct 16
"Why the 2008 Housing Crisis Recovery Is Just an Illusion (w/ Keith Jurow) #evolution #awakening #peace #truth #light http://j.mp/2ODSZ93"
Oct 16
"Not Transitory - Fed Liquidity Handout Surges To Near $90 Billion #evolution #awakening #peace #truth #love #light http://j.mp/35F4Sl5"
Oct 16
Frugisaurus and Alex Curtis-Slep are now friends
Oct 15
Michael Lanfield posted a video

Return to the Gentle Sea by Michael Lanfield with Music by Dr. Will Tuttle, PhD (Full Audiobook)

Return to the Gentle Sea: For the Love That Lives in Everyone is a book on spiritual healing and cultural transformation on the human relationship to nonhuman animals. It explains how living in a herding culture, eating animals and their secretions,…
Oct 14
Michael Lanfield commented on ednshell's video
Oct 14
Michael Lanfield and Olga are now friends
Oct 14
Raw Aussie Athlete and Lil Green Coconut are now friends
Oct 14
ednshell replied to Tams's discussion Best vegan retreats ?
Oct 13
ednshell posted a video

Take Back Your Power 2017 (Official) - smart meter documentary

This award-winning film documents the real story on smart meters. + Subscribe for free EMF guide & help stop 'smart' meters and 5G: https://TakeBackYourPower...
Oct 13
ednshell posted a discussion
Oct 13
Profile Iconmichael wilson, Savannah Holte, tori jacobs and 2 more joined 30 Bananas a Day!
Oct 13
"QE4 "Not A QE" Begins: Fed Starts Buying $60BN In Bills Per Month Beginning Next Week #awakening #peace #truth #light http://j.mp/2M9cmoQ"
Oct 12
Rock and Tams are now friends
Oct 12
Tams posted a discussion
Oct 11

© 2019   Created by TheBananaGirl.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service