30 Bananas a Day!

Is everybody's goal here to earn enough money to get a piece of land in a tropical place to grow their mini-fruit farm and then not have a job?

If not, why not?

Views: 5938

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

sure but some trees take too long to grow i wish I could have inheritance in such a place!!! Manifest for my family and to leave them something beautiful!!!! what is one of those saying" where there is a will there is a way?"
I am not sure whether my answer is yes or no. I do have a piece of land and grow several fruit trees and fruit bushes, and keep planting more each year. I think it will look like a forest here soon lol. I live in Tasmania. I am a scientist and get paid for doing what I totally love doing. I am happy to be where I am. It's beautiful here. :)
I know most of us here are sun lovers, but I am an Irish red head. I hate the stuff.

Also, as much as I hate....no, loathe my job sometimes, I would be lost with out it.

So, no for me.
England is my home, so despite the fact that it is relatively cold country with an extremely poor selection of low quality fruit, I do not think I will ever permenantly relocate.
I also live in England and cannot wait to move somewhere nice! I am thinking california or australia, maybe asia or africa. My plan is to come back to england every summer to see everyone, when the weather is tolerable and the fruit doesn't completely suck. Other times of year my friends can visit me or talk to me over webcam etc.
My plan too!! Except ill be going back to Denmark to see my family!

How are your planning to do this? All the rules for being allowed to live in a country seem so far out of reach that they aren't possible for me and my partner! We are still looking though, so any tips would be great!

hmmmm... YES!:D
At the risk of sounding like a 'Cult' leader I have a proposition. Those who wish to live in the tropics in a self sustainable manner have an easy solution. Why do we not just pool our money together, buy a tropical island and start our own LFRV country which shall lead by example to all the other countries of the world. We will grow our own foods and live in harmony with our natural surroundings, making use of any caves or large trees in which we can live. We will grow our own foods and will have no need for money. If someone has a problem we will help them and expect the same kindness in return. It would be a land for all nationalities, religions, genders, sexual orientations and, to begin with, dietry choice. Of course the end goal would be for everyone to be LFRV so that we can live sustainably with our environment but I am sure it wouldn't take too long to 'convert' the masses. Anyone interested?
Arent we already a community? I mean theres a lot of work to be done in the society. Here it definitely boils down to how responsible we feel. We can move to the island and live in "ideal" world but what would be the point (apart from whats obvious)?
I personally like to be "the strange one". I like it to the point that under my influence theres about a ten another people being more or less lfrv. They would likely never get around to such a "radical" change. Even if they dont stick to it, experience will stay inside of them so it can be spread and have the same effect. They see its possible to lead such live in far from ideal habitat. If we are to be believed we must be seen. We must be present.
I really do believe that we should influence the society and exercise the power we have! Show others how its done.

In some ways this is my biggest goal in life.  I dream of having an eco-village and living off the land with a large community of beautiful people.  Some of my concerns with living in the tropics are related to Climate change.  With climate change becoming increasingly worse, tsunamis are on the rise as well as the risk the island areas possibly soon being underwater.  It might be safer to do it somewhere less risky.  I live in California and have considered places like Grass Valley and other near-by locations.  For people who have similar intentions, It would be great to organize some serious discussion around this.  There are several fully functioning eco-villages in the States alone.  N. Carolina has a thriving eco-village.  These places can be used as models for us.  Permaculture, sustainable buildings, solar energy... so many opportunities to live in harmony with nature, in community and thrive together on fruit!

I definitely want to end up in the tropics or at least Florida someday. Right now I am in snowy Connecticut and desperately want to move away. My goal for the near future is to move to Nashville and work in the music biz. Music is definitely my number 1 passion..even more than health. I think that if I were to rush into living off the grid I would definitely be content but probably not fulfilled since I wasn't going after my number 1 passion.

RSS

About

TheBananaGirl created this Ning Network.

30BaD Search

Latest Activity

OrganicMark posted a status
"Bank Run: Deutsche Bank Clients Are Pulling $1 Billion A Day #evolution #awakening #peace #truth #love #light #now http://bit.ly/2XQ3Nqr"
4 hours ago
Rock and Nemo are now friends
Tuesday
"#SerialBrain2 - Winning: Trump now controls the chemtrails! (Pt.2) #awakening #peace #truth #love #light #now http://bit.ly/2GbYV48"
Sunday
"Housing Bubble 2.0 - Foreclosure Filing Onslaught is On the Way #evolution #awakening #peace #truth #love #light #now http://bit.ly/2JFxuAL"
Sunday
Profile Iconchungculands, Deya Storm, Luke Robinson and 1 more joined 30 Bananas a Day!
Sunday
pradtf replied to pradtf's discussion great site with nutritional research information
Sunday
Tanya Popovic left a comment for Rebecca
Jul 12
Rebecca left a comment for Rebecca
Jul 12
Profile Iconcal bates, mark wilcox, Claire Hyun and 4 more joined 30 Bananas a Day!
Jul 11
Eddie (Mecca Date Farm) replied to Eddie (Mecca Date Farm)'s discussion Semi Dry Medjool Dates, 20 # for $67.00 US. from meccadatefarm.com
Jul 10
Eddie (Mecca Date Farm) posted a discussion
Jul 10
"Deutsche Bank will exit global equities business and slash 18,000 jobs in sweeping overhaul #truth #love #light #now https://cnb.cx/2LFElN9"
Jul 8
pradtf replied to pradtf's discussion great site with nutritional research information
Jul 8
"Most Americans Can't Afford To Pay Rent, Eat Food, Buy Stuff, Or Get Sick (And It's Just Going To Get Worse) #love http://bit.ly/2YBf3mL"
Jul 6
"Media Predictions Of "Tiny Crowd" For Trump July 4 Speech Proven Spectacularly Wrong #peace #truth #love #light #now http://bit.ly/2Xtf1B8"
Jul 6
Jul 1

© 2019   Created by TheBananaGirl.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service