30 Bananas a Day!

Victoria Boutenko Realizes that Low Fat Cooked Foods are perhaps a Healthier Choice than High Fat Raw Foods

I was on You Tube recently and I came across a discussion about Victoria not being raw. People had all sorts of statements about Victoria’s diet, some even said she was never on a 100% raw food diet.  To keep the truth accessible and avoid confusion, I decided to post this article Victoria wrote to her newsletter group at the start of this year. It is her public statement about preferring to resin from her previous 100% raw position.

Why I say I’m 95% Raw

By Victoria Boutenko
January 9th, 2010

Victoria Boutenko 300x200 Victoria Boutenko on not being RawThis month my family celebrates our 16th birthday as a Raw Family. Raw food saved our lives and I love every aspect of my raw life except for one. It becomes increasingly uncomfortable to feel the separation of us “purists,” (100% raw foodists) from anyone who is “below” that standard.

I first experienced this unease four years ago. I visited my relatives who eat a standard American diet, when suddenly my 9 year old nephew confided to me that he decided to become a vegetarian. He asked me if I would teach him to cook a vegetable soup. I froze, thinking. “How can I do that? I am a 100% raw fooder!” Yet, after looking into Sasha’s excited eyes, I went ahead and helped him cook a soup, which he loved.

Soon after this episode, I participated in a weekend workshop with Byron Katie about self-realization, along with 500 other attendees. That was the very first non-raw food event that I had been to in more than ten years. I remember feeling different, weird, and completely out of place. In addition, and contrary to my expectation, those people did not look particularly unhealthy. I did a lot of thinking at this workshop about why I felt separated and the importance of happiness in one’s life.

Since then I noticed feeling progressively more sensitive when talking to people who were struggling to stick to a 60%, 70%, 80%, or whatever % raw diet. All of a sudden, I realized that my book 12 Steps to Raw Foods (first edition) contained fanaticism about 100% raw foodism. Soon I completely revised this book and published the second edition, which I find to be a much kinder book, and perhaps more useful because of that. I shredded and recycled the left over copies of the old edition.

I have noticed that when I was telling other people about myself being a 100% raw foodist, it came across as if I was claiming to be a better, higher, more spiritual person. I felt so uncomfortable that I repeated in every lecture, “I am just a woman in a green dress. Please don’t put me on a pedestal.”

We are all pioneers, still in the beginning of our research of the human diet. Nothing is set in stone and our bodies continually change. For example, while I enjoyed gourmet raw food in the beginning of my raw journey, for several years now, I have completely eliminated food prepared with nuts. In recent years I have decided that it can be healthier, to eat a bowl of cooked green vegetables than a whole jar of raw nut butter.

While I believe with my whole heart that, when done correctly, a raw food diet is the optimal way of eating for humans, and my present diet is almost exclusively raw, I prefer to resign from a “100% raw” position.

Views: 9954

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Ok, I will make it easy, a sort of recent shot of Gab with no hat?
lol not carrying a pic of Gabriel with his shirt off in your back pocket? ;D

Im not his girlfriend hehe ;)
Maybe someone at the ToL can sneak out some pics for us hey ,))
Ok, I will make it easy, a sort of recent shot of Gab with no hat?

yes, so he is not botoxed. So its still apples with apples hey.
I was looking for recent shots too. Sometimes he looks good, sometimes less. Here he is dancing lol. I think he is 67 at this time in life.

and in some he looks damn good (for his age)

Gab is a great guy and its his business if he does botox or not. Im just say'n its good to compare apples with apples. :)
Your just assuming it hey. I DONT believe he gets injected with poison to look younger Harls. Can back up what u claim with some valid information??
he's stirring the pot
I had to check the urbandictionary to find out what that means ;)

Someone who loves to proliferate the tension and drama between 2 or more feuding people/groups in public to get a raise of people in hopes of starting a shitstorm of drama and uncomfortable conflict, sometimes for personal gain but oftentimes just for the thrill of confrontation.

LOL
oh wow dead on! ;-D
I gotta use that service

lol I just got this definition...

"One term for the classic bad dance move where you rotate your arms in front of you clockwise, as if holding a big spoon with both hands and stirring a pot, while leaning your body/hips in the opposite direction to your arms. Joey on Friends did this a lot."
Lol Free , I thought you were quoting a urbandictionary definition from urbandictionary.com and had asked for the wording to the definition. Now I see its still "stirring the pot"

Theres a couple of nice there, I liked the last one:

"Im picking the corn out of your shi$"

ie. understanding what one person says
"Get to the Point Man, I'm having to pick the corn out your shit here"
hehe love it , ok back to Boutenko etc.etc. now. ;))
oh yeh I saw that corn one, hahaha! gave me a good laugh :-D

I did get that dancing definition from urbandictionary!

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=stirring+the+pot
They both look good compared to the rest of society, let's face it. And whether it's Doug or Gabriel, sometimes skin is affected by genes, too. ;) Some people are better looking than others, some are graced with big pores vs. small/fine pores, but could be equally healthy. I know smoker/alcoholics with the most stunning peaches and cream radiant skin. Makes no sense, but one day they may wake up with cancer, who knows. Others with terrible skin their whole life may not bc that is how their body copes. I am half-intrigued, half-appalled at how superficial everybody's definition of health is, to be honest.

RSS

About

TheBananaGirl created this Ning Network.

30BaD Search

Latest Activity

Profile IconJan and Zahra joined 30 Bananas a Day!
20 hours ago
ednshell posted a discussion
Tuesday
OrganicMark posted a status
"A CLEAR AND PRESENT DANGER TO THE CONSTITUTIONAL REPUBLIC OF THE UNITED STATES OF AMERICA #peace #truth #love #light http://j.mp/2uRCmzd"
Monday
Rock posted a discussion
Monday
"Coronavirus EXPOSED By Del Bigtree - What You Are NOT Being Told! #NoVaccine #organic #fruits #vegetables #health http://j.mp/2SMEe4c"
Feb 17
ednshell posted a video

Even Smart Doctors Can Say the Stupidest Things

In other words, share what you KNOW not what you THINK! I address this issue in my book Goodbye Autoimmune Disease - how all the arguments against my smoothi...
Feb 15
Abbigayle is now a member of 30 Bananas a Day!
Feb 15
Profile IconCharlie Bullock and gunel ismayilova joined 30 Bananas a Day!
Feb 13
Calico Pete left a comment for Angela Hogan
Feb 10
Angela Hogan left a comment for Calico Pete
Feb 10
Angela Hogan posted a status
"Eating a banana."
Feb 10
Angela Hogan left a comment for Banana Boy
Feb 10
Profile IconVIDHYAPRAKASH and Banana Boy joined 30 Bananas a Day!
Feb 9
Keshara Alleyne and Alex Curtis-Slep are now friends
Jan 29
Keshara Alleyne is now a member of 30 Bananas a Day!
Jan 25
"Giuliani: I can't sit by and watch my country be sold out by Joe Biden #evolution #awakening #peace #truth #love #light http://j.mp/36nb5l4"
Jan 25

© 2020   Created by TheBananaGirl.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service