30 Bananas a Day!

Two weeks ago I tried to go to sleep and simply couldn't. I didn't sleep the entire night. I'd never pulled an all nighter before, even when I was trying, but that horrible night, however much I wanted to, I could not sleep. The whole night it seemed all I could think was "I'm not sleeping. Why aren't I sleeping? Why can't I sleep?" The more I thought about it the worse it became. I tried reading for a little while, I tried drinking some water and relaxing my mind, I tried counting sheep, changing my position, my location, the amount of pillows- nothing worked.

Ever since then sleeping has been a real struggle. I dread evening. I'm constantly afraid I won't be able to fall asleep and usually it takes 2-5 hours of lying in bed, sometimes sobbing and shaking with fear that I will never sleep right again.

That one night I didn't sleep at all was one of the most traumatic and horrifying nights of my life and I feel doomed to repeat it. I simply can not fall asleep. The longer it takes to fall asleep the worse it becomes. I've tried so many different things and I simply don't know what to do anymore!

Two nights ago, at  2:00 in the morning when I couldn't sleep I woke up my step mom and asked her to adjust me as she is a chiropractor. After explaining my troubles she did a few tests and we found out that I show symptoms of adrenal fatigue. Insomnia is a side effect. I was actually shocked. I don't know what to do now.

Last night I tried to go to bed at 11:30 pm, a normal time for me. When I used to go to sleep at 11:30 I'd naturally wake up at 8:00 am fully rested and fully happy. Yesterday I had a completely stress free happy day, I took a warm shower at 11:00 hoping that it would relax me because I only slept 4 hours the night before, and then climbed into bed. Come 2:30 am I was wide awake, sobbing in frustration. 

After my dad calmed me down enough I eventually fell asleep, probably around 4:00 in the morning. I woke up at 8:30 and I'm exhausted, but I know I won't sleep well tonight either. 

What is wrong with me?! Without a reliable sleep schedule it is literally a miserable existence. I can't handle it. I just can't

Right now I am really desperate for a solution. I am really desperate for relief. 

Any help anyone can give is greatly appreciated.

Views: 3071

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Your english is great!

As for B12, I have supplements and I'm going to start taking them again today! I've read about half of "Could it be B12" and now may pick it up again. I may be deficient, I haven't had my blood work done in a few months...

getting as much natural light as possible is also key  this morning it was sunny and i walked in some trails for a long time do not underestimate simple walking in the woods

up early and outside in natural light and the air seems fresher and more potent at this time IMO

enjoy this day !

doug

Thank you so much to everyone who has responded to this! Its so nice to know I have an awesome community with so much knowledge supporting me.

Last night I slept quite well. I had exercised on the stationary bike for at least an hour and I had taken vitamin D supplements, 3600 IU to be exact. I'm going to keep this kind of thing up and see how it goes.

I also slept in my own bed at home last night as opposed to my sister's bunk beds as we finally had no guests staying over. Tonight I'm back in my dorm so we'll see how it all goes.

Thanks again! This all means so much to me. I feel as though there is hope :)

I'll keep you posted.

Go up to 5000 IU, that is Prof. Holick daily advise, till the summer and then go outside in the sun.

If I ever have a problem sleeping I solve it with calcium - magnesium stuff. If I have veges or wheat grass which I can juice or blend my veges and make a nice soup with them. If I don't have enough veges then I prepare what is called a ''calmag''. It is also sold as supplement on the net. I sleep like a baby 99% of the time.

How is your sleep now?

I tried taking the vitamin D and that helped a little but I still couldn't fall asleep like I used to.

I honestly think that my insomnia has been caused by stress and homesickness. I miss being with my family, spending time with them and just being happy. At college I'm surrounded by people who don't quite understand the way I live, don't really respect the fact that I'm trying to sleep at a decent hour and wake in the morning, and can't handle that I keep masses of fruit all over the place. Its cold and miserable and sad and lonely here. I think I am depressed or on the verge of depression. I at least know that I am not happy. I have been drastically unhappier many times in my life but those were isolated events that lasted a day or two at most. I have never been unhappy like this for such a long period of time and its getting to me. Its interesting to note however, that when I am at home with my family I am perfectly fine. I am happy and bubbly and myself once more. Its just here at school, away from everything comfortable and familiar, that I become upset, stressed, and miserable.

You would think that eating 80/10/10 would prevent symptoms of depression but I really have always know that diet alone can not cure everything. I feel that eating this way has actually allowed for things to come up that would not have otherwise. The fruit has opened up another level of healing and now I have to figure it out.

I've cut back my work schedule, I've planned trips home every weekend, I'm getting involved in a club and I'm trying to find more time to relax while still staying on top of my school work. I've also stopped counting my calories and instead focused on eating as much as I possibly can and moving more often.

Most of all, I started exercising regularly since last Friday. That has seriously helped with sleep. I'm not saying I'm cured, but so far, every night after exercise I've been able to fall asleep with no problem.

I hope that some kind of solution is met, but I'm worried that nothing will be resolved and I will remain unhappy all of next year when I'm living with the same people in an apartment off campus.

Not a day goes by that I don't say to myself "I just want to go home."

What I do to fall asleep is use a mantra. I tell myself "I feel good, I am happy to be in bed, I am tired, I am comfortable" When my mind wanders I go back to the mantra. Sometimes I don't care enough to focus and spend hours awake. This is the only thing that works for me unless I'm totally exhausted. 

Do you take b12 supplements?

I

RSS

About

TheBananaGirl created this Ning Network.

30BaD Search

Latest Activity

OrganicMark posted a status
"URGENT Message to the President #evolution #awakening #peace #truth #love #light #now http://bit.ly/2XtuLDb"
yesterday
pradtf replied to pradtf's discussion great site with nutritional research information
Sunday
ednshell posted a discussion
Friday
OrganicMark posted a status
"The Ugly Truth About Deutsche Bank's Stock Chart #evolution #awakening #peace #truth #love #light #now http://bit.ly/2XpbXVK"
Thursday
ednshell replied to allie's discussion Facial brushing damage?
Jun 21
Paul Rodgers posted a video

Anger BROUGHT the JUSTICE to Washington DC. Jon Stewart (who's pro-vegan) shames leaders for 9' straight

Jon Stewart & 911 responders go to Washington D.C. for health funding, and faces empty chairs. He gives a 9 minute rant, shaming the Congressional leaders. S...
Jun 19
allie posted a discussion
Jun 19
allie posted a photo
Jun 19
Paul Rodgers replied to RawVeganGamer's discussion Taking good care of your teeth with fluoride.
Jun 18
Paul Rodgers replied to Silvery's discussion Is it safe to eat the water that you use to boil brocolli and cabbage?
Jun 18
YellowEmperor and Courtney Beth are now friends
Jun 17
pradtf replied to pradtf's discussion great site with nutritional research information
Jun 17
Melissa Grace replied to Melissa Grace's discussion Vegan and Raw Vegan Eco-village(s) “Total Union”
Jun 14
Paul Rodgers posted a video

Megan Elizabeth and drewmorg - vegan traitors trash high-raw-vegans

drewmorg has recently interviewed Megan Elizabeth. There was talk of Megan's diet which now includes meat, and more,
Jun 13
Erick Goodman is now a member of 30 Bananas a Day!
Jun 13
Melissa Grace posted a discussion
Jun 13

© 2019   Created by TheBananaGirl.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service