30 Bananas a Day!

Two weeks ago I tried to go to sleep and simply couldn't. I didn't sleep the entire night. I'd never pulled an all nighter before, even when I was trying, but that horrible night, however much I wanted to, I could not sleep. The whole night it seemed all I could think was "I'm not sleeping. Why aren't I sleeping? Why can't I sleep?" The more I thought about it the worse it became. I tried reading for a little while, I tried drinking some water and relaxing my mind, I tried counting sheep, changing my position, my location, the amount of pillows- nothing worked.

Ever since then sleeping has been a real struggle. I dread evening. I'm constantly afraid I won't be able to fall asleep and usually it takes 2-5 hours of lying in bed, sometimes sobbing and shaking with fear that I will never sleep right again.

That one night I didn't sleep at all was one of the most traumatic and horrifying nights of my life and I feel doomed to repeat it. I simply can not fall asleep. The longer it takes to fall asleep the worse it becomes. I've tried so many different things and I simply don't know what to do anymore!

Two nights ago, at  2:00 in the morning when I couldn't sleep I woke up my step mom and asked her to adjust me as she is a chiropractor. After explaining my troubles she did a few tests and we found out that I show symptoms of adrenal fatigue. Insomnia is a side effect. I was actually shocked. I don't know what to do now.

Last night I tried to go to bed at 11:30 pm, a normal time for me. When I used to go to sleep at 11:30 I'd naturally wake up at 8:00 am fully rested and fully happy. Yesterday I had a completely stress free happy day, I took a warm shower at 11:00 hoping that it would relax me because I only slept 4 hours the night before, and then climbed into bed. Come 2:30 am I was wide awake, sobbing in frustration. 

After my dad calmed me down enough I eventually fell asleep, probably around 4:00 in the morning. I woke up at 8:30 and I'm exhausted, but I know I won't sleep well tonight either. 

What is wrong with me?! Without a reliable sleep schedule it is literally a miserable existence. I can't handle it. I just can't

Right now I am really desperate for a solution. I am really desperate for relief. 

Any help anyone can give is greatly appreciated.

Views: 3073

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Thats a good idea. I actually really enjoy the zucchini pasta and salads I make for dinner and wish I could have them every night! Problem is they take 2-3 hours of my time to prepare and actually eat and sometimes I can't afford to give up that much of my day.

I am trying to front load my calories now though :)

Get up at 4am and go training. Take the dog for a 3hr walk or take someone elses dog for a 3 hr walk. Can't find any dogs? Strap a carrot to one of those pretend leashes and take it for a walk. Post it on strava for all to see.

Can't get to sleep at night just means you not getting up early enough. Another reason is not enough carbs during the morning/lunch time period. Im assuming you use NO STIMULANTS OF ANY KIND.

I was on the bike by 4:15am this morning. You think Im gonna be wired at 11:30pm? I will be fast asleep by 9pm tonight 1000%.

Sorry but going to bed aint 'horrifying'. Swap beds with someone in a war torn country that lays in bed listening to bomb alarms and scud missiles exploding and body parts flying thru the windows. Laying in our comfy safe beds scrolling our iphones thru facebook updates aint horrifying..

Get your ass out of bed early and live.

Carb up daily so you can do this.

Welcome to the champion life. :)

you're right. Exercise is something I need to prioritize. 

I just might take you up on walking a carrot! :D

I completely understand being horrified to go to bed.  When I wasn't taking d (or my children) this and previous winters, it became a horrible pattern of everyone waking in rotation...I seriously only had 2-4 hrs of sleep and still had to get up and take care of everyone.  I did dread going to bed, I felt it was almost better just to stay up.  Once I started to take D in these (below) quantities, I actually got tired at night AND my children (they'd have 2,000-5,000iu depending on little ones) they all slept THROUGH THE NIGHT!  a definite miracle!

Vitamin d has been my help...it helps to regulate all hormone activity in the body...kinda a "duh" thing since we get it from the summer sun.  I now take 20,000-30,000iu per night and I have no problem falling asleep.  We just ran out and last night I woke and couldn't go back to sleep for a "long" time, my brain was just rushing.  I just prayed and I guess I quickly went to sleep afterwards.  Hopefully tomorrow we'll get the d.

I'm with you on the yucky, overcast (cloudy is for sunny day definitions), dreariness that is like someone threw up in the sky.  If you haven't lived through it, you just don't understand it.  Taking D helps until after the rainy season has ended and the actual end of spring/beginning of summer starts.  Make sure you're still eating enough/carbing up and plenty of fluids and then you'll recover.   Big hugs and hope you are sleeping through the night regularly again!

what type of vitamin D do you take and at what time?

I take what I can get from the store...Spring Valley (Walmart), it isn't vegan :(.

I happen to take it around 8 at night, since that's when I finally remember to give it to the children.  When I am fully cognoscent, then I take it after a meal...I think you need a fat to help it work, so I just eat it after food, mostly lunch time -ish.  If I happen to take it at lunch, then I shoot to take it again in the evening before bedtime, but I think I have a few too many things on my plate right now.

Hope you feel better so very soon!

Hey Cortney

Second the recommendation for VitD, since I've been taking 10,000 IU/day my sleep has improved, although I didn't have insomnia. Some people say supplemental magnesium, selenium, and iodine help with sleep disorders too, iodine in particular is a common deficiency that is tricky to correct with diet. Any other deficiencies are probably best corrected by just upping your calories.

Otherwise common sleep solutions are: eat evening meal earlier, eat more calories at breakfast & lunch, turn lights off couple of hours before you plan on sleeping, avoid computer/TV before sleeping, dim screens in the evening (or use f.lux), avoid using your bedroom for purpose other than sleeping, exercise in the morning or afternoon (but not in the evening). If it continues you might want to try meditation or CBT or something similar to overcome the counterproductive panicky feelings.

You could also try eating more foods with trytophan and melatonin. Cherries, dates, sweetcorn, bananas, walnuts are some. Tart cherry juice is supposed to be beneficial. And I find a big salad in the evening is much more soporific than calorie dense fruits. Does your diet normally contain no bananas or greens? 

no, I vary it up all the time! I had 10 bananas for lunch yesterday for instance, and I haven't had any greens recently simply due to how difficult they are to keep in my tiny fridge at school, but usually I'll have a green smoothie with bananas and spinach sometime in the morning and a massive salad for dinner. I love greens!

As for meditation, excellent advice, I think I'm going to start practicing yoga again.

I bet! I am trying to motivate myself to start running, if I ran 10 miles a day I would be out cold too :D

I was having sleep problems as well. Actually until two days ago. About a week ago I decided to always get up at 5:30 and never go to bed before I am feeling sleepy enough. It took me a few days but then I was able to sleep at 8 (two nights ago) and at 10 (last night). The other tips people are giving here make a lot of sense too. I hope you can solve your problem soon :)

waking up earlier is a good idea, thanks for the advice! I woke up earlier this morning and felt quite a bit better, though still tired.

It's so oppressive!! I've been through this can't-fall-asleep cr~p. And it IS frightfully & beastly. And no matter how many hours I slept -- 3 or 13 -- I'd still "woke up" feeling like a peach, crushed-smashed on a highway.

I had a depression. From nowhere. No matter how many carbs I had. It felt as if I was doomed. LUCKILY I got some excerpts from "Could It Be B12?". The very next day [3 weeks ago] I went to check my blood. Vuala! My B12 level was ~180.

3 days after [500ml/per day] shots I felt asleep at 12am [for me it was a fairytail-ish feeling]. My sleep pattern's getting better & better.

It's not only that I sleep better.. these shots are restoring energy in my muscles, therefore I'm able to move more, walk 20 more mins, do my good old happy-person's-jumping-&-dancing in my apartment, etc., SO these activities give that additional kick to my sleep routine too.

I'm not saying that it's Your case, but....

[[sorry if there're some mistakes in my English]]

RSS

About

TheBananaGirl created this Ning Network.

30BaD Search

Latest Activity

Rock and Nemo are now friends
yesterday
OrganicMark posted a status
"#SerialBrain2 - Winning: Trump now controls the chemtrails! (Pt.2) #awakening #peace #truth #love #light #now http://bit.ly/2GbYV48"
Sunday
"Housing Bubble 2.0 - Foreclosure Filing Onslaught is On the Way #evolution #awakening #peace #truth #love #light #now http://bit.ly/2JFxuAL"
Sunday
Profile Iconchungculands, Deya Storm, Luke Robinson and 1 more joined 30 Bananas a Day!
Sunday
pradtf replied to pradtf's discussion great site with nutritional research information
Sunday
Tanya Popovic left a comment for Rebecca
Thursday
Rebecca left a comment for Rebecca
Thursday
Profile Iconcal bates, mark wilcox, Claire Hyun and 4 more joined 30 Bananas a Day!
Jul 11
Eddie (Mecca Date Farm) replied to Eddie (Mecca Date Farm)'s discussion Semi Dry Medjool Dates, 20 # for $67.00 US. from meccadatefarm.com
Jul 10
Eddie (Mecca Date Farm) posted a discussion
Jul 10
"Deutsche Bank will exit global equities business and slash 18,000 jobs in sweeping overhaul #truth #love #light #now https://cnb.cx/2LFElN9"
Jul 8
pradtf replied to pradtf's discussion great site with nutritional research information
Jul 8
"Most Americans Can't Afford To Pay Rent, Eat Food, Buy Stuff, Or Get Sick (And It's Just Going To Get Worse) #love http://bit.ly/2YBf3mL"
Jul 6
"Media Predictions Of "Tiny Crowd" For Trump July 4 Speech Proven Spectacularly Wrong #peace #truth #love #light #now http://bit.ly/2Xtf1B8"
Jul 6
Jul 1
Melissa Grace replied to Melissa Grace's discussion Vegan and Raw Vegan Eco-village(s) “Total Union”
Jun 30

© 2019   Created by TheBananaGirl.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service