30 Bananas a Day!

Two weeks ago I tried to go to sleep and simply couldn't. I didn't sleep the entire night. I'd never pulled an all nighter before, even when I was trying, but that horrible night, however much I wanted to, I could not sleep. The whole night it seemed all I could think was "I'm not sleeping. Why aren't I sleeping? Why can't I sleep?" The more I thought about it the worse it became. I tried reading for a little while, I tried drinking some water and relaxing my mind, I tried counting sheep, changing my position, my location, the amount of pillows- nothing worked.

Ever since then sleeping has been a real struggle. I dread evening. I'm constantly afraid I won't be able to fall asleep and usually it takes 2-5 hours of lying in bed, sometimes sobbing and shaking with fear that I will never sleep right again.

That one night I didn't sleep at all was one of the most traumatic and horrifying nights of my life and I feel doomed to repeat it. I simply can not fall asleep. The longer it takes to fall asleep the worse it becomes. I've tried so many different things and I simply don't know what to do anymore!

Two nights ago, at  2:00 in the morning when I couldn't sleep I woke up my step mom and asked her to adjust me as she is a chiropractor. After explaining my troubles she did a few tests and we found out that I show symptoms of adrenal fatigue. Insomnia is a side effect. I was actually shocked. I don't know what to do now.

Last night I tried to go to bed at 11:30 pm, a normal time for me. When I used to go to sleep at 11:30 I'd naturally wake up at 8:00 am fully rested and fully happy. Yesterday I had a completely stress free happy day, I took a warm shower at 11:00 hoping that it would relax me because I only slept 4 hours the night before, and then climbed into bed. Come 2:30 am I was wide awake, sobbing in frustration. 

After my dad calmed me down enough I eventually fell asleep, probably around 4:00 in the morning. I woke up at 8:30 and I'm exhausted, but I know I won't sleep well tonight either. 

What is wrong with me?! Without a reliable sleep schedule it is literally a miserable existence. I can't handle it. I just can't

Right now I am really desperate for a solution. I am really desperate for relief. 

Any help anyone can give is greatly appreciated.

Views: 3085

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Okay, 8000 IU.

this is actually good advice. I hardly see the sun either, especially during winter :(

I don't drink coffee, I actually hate the taste! Same with most teas. I haven't had either in almost a year now.

I'll do the 6:15 thing tomorrow! :)

Allo Corrtney,

If you are new to raw food it could be normal, when i went raw 5 years ago i was not sleeping for

almost 2 weeks, after that it normalized, it still happens sometimes, if i eat only greens for example

i could sleep 3 hours or less it make me feel so high. Is it detox, i don't know.

Be patient, its probably a surplus of raw energy.

I've been 80/10/10 raw vegan since last April, could it still be some form of detox?

If you are closer to 100% raw now then in April maybe its more energy. I know one girl that have to stop eating completely raw because of insomnia, its sad, cook food make people feel tired, so i imagine thats why she sleep better.

I don't want to go back to cooked! In the begining I had a cooked meal maybe once a month, but after about four months of that I went fully raw.

I feel great being completely raw aside from this no sleep thing, and I don't want to go back. I really hope it doesn't come to that.

I was totally under eating...

at the beginning of this lifestyle... wasn't weighing my food... thought 4 sure I producing (guessing) 3000 calories and it was often below 2500.. now use my scales regularly and achieving closer to 2500.  But , even that's for sedentary females... so still would like to go higher.

can't recommend scales (I know, I know, it's counter-intuitive to eat as much as you care for) enough.

Hydration as well.  

Your body is responding in some way by this nightmare you are having not being able to sleep.. and your step mom telling you about the adrenal fatigue... what's the underlying issue behind that? 

Sure thing!

I've been 811 low fat raw vegan since the beginning of last April. 

from cronometer my average percentage this past week is 89.6% carbs / 4.6% protien / 6.8% fat

the past two days of food look like this:

yesterday:

Breakfast: 2 pounds of mangoes

snack: water of 1 young thai coconut

lunch: 3 persimmons, a handful of baby carrots and 25 halawy dates blended into a pudding

snack: 4 apples

dinner: 6 zucchini spiralized into noodles with a sauce composed of 3 pints of grape tomatoes, a sprig of rosemary, and the peeled skin of the zucchini with 1/2 an avocado

day before yesterday:

breakfast: 2 medium honeydew melon

snack: 2 apples

lunch: 2 pounds of mangoes

dinner: 25 halawy dates

I also have a 40 oz waterbottle that I refill at least 4 times a day so I am definitely hydrated. 

before 80/10/10 I was vegan for a half a month and vegetarian for a year and a half before that. Compared to your average SAD eater I ate very healthily, but obviously nowhere near how I eat now.

I switched to 80/10/10 because it made sense. It spoke to me in a way that nothing else could. I had an eating disorder and was very underweight. 80/10/10 saved me from that, both mentally and physically. It allowed me to eat enough without feeling disgusting and without hating my body.

But now I'm horrified and more afraid than I ever have been! All I want is the sleep I never used to struggle getting.

Sounds like you have been eating 1600 to 1900 calories daily for almost a year.  You are not the first to under eat for so long.  We can seem okay on so little by relying on adrenaline to get us through but eventually you will get adrenal fatigue.  Read through Why 2500/3000 Calories A Day? to learn more on calorie intake. 

If I was in your position I would go buy the best fruit I could, mangoes would be good, and just eat nothing but those for a week and eat at least 3500 calories to rest my digestion and fuel up.   I would also rest with eyes closed as much as possible and give it at least a  week of this gentle treatment before re-evaluating.  It has taken a long time for your body to get to this dire point, it will take time to heal. 

Other things to help with sleep, make sure you do not sleep near any wifi, cell phone or cell phone tower as this can cause sleep disturbances, sleep in the dark and/or with an eye mask and a hat and ear plugs with silence, observe your breath going in and out as you lay in your bed.

I sure do feel for you!  Sleep is so important!  Sending you lots of metta!  (((hugs))))

I wish I had enough money to do mango island for a week! Its just that I'm a college student and I don't exactly have all that much money right now and mangoes are iffy this time of year...

Though I could do banana island for a week! Any other fruit you recommend?

I'm going to buy an eye mask soon, as a streetlight shines through my window at night even with the blinds down.

Yes!  Absolutely! :D  Banana island is what Dr. Doug puts most folks on starting out.  Just make sure you are well hydrated by peeing 10+ times daily. 

Eye masks are great!  I got one from Walgreens that works great for about $5.

Also, you might want to keep eating greens for your last meal of the day like in your first example instead of dates like in the second example. Some people have no problem with it, but sugar can be very stimulating/energizing and since you're already having trouble sleeping, it might be better to eat the dates earlier in the day. Good luck. I hope you get some good sleep soon!

RSS

About

TheBananaGirl created this Ning Network.

30BaD Search

Latest Activity

© 2019   Created by TheBananaGirl.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service