30 Bananas a Day!

Injured and cannot exercise, can a newbie still transit to 811?

I recently convinced my friend to adopt 811.  She is a little overweight with a lot of fat because she didn't work out at all.  Two days after she committed to transit to 811, she was injured in an accident. She cannot exercise now.  How can she stay on 811?  I ask because I understand that regular exercise is an important part of 811 lifestyle.  Now my friend is so afraid of eat more food to get enough carb because she doesn't want to gain more weight.  I don't know how to convince her.  Please help.

Views: 184

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I agree.  She is in wheelchair now with cast.  It will be at lease couple of months before she can stand on her own.  Since her spirit is low, I afraid that she will go for some "comfort" food.  She told me today that she is craving cakes and burgers.  

Thanks for the advice.  I agree that health is more important than weight in the long run.

The cast is on her left leg.  I was thinking about recommending her doing some weight training with her arms.  Do you think she can exercise her right leg?  What can she do?
She has back injury too, but it is not very serious.  Do you think she should get some professional help on exercises?  She just joined the same gym that I go to, I certainly can take her there.  I never had serious injury before but I think some of her pain is more mental than physical.
I started 80/10/10 right after a bad shoulder dislocation. The time I couldn't put into training I put into reading :)

First of all, I'm very sorry for your friends accident. One of the biggest misconceptions with this diet & lifestyle is that it only works with exercise. Exercise IS important for everyone - however I have read statements such as without exercise this diet will kill you ….. Which is completely ridiculous. 

If the body needs to rest and repair it will not use any less calories than when it was exerting itself with activity - this is why we feel tired & why the body is giving us pain signals/warnings when we move something that is injured. 

This diet is perfect for healing - it will not do your friend any harm to have a week off fill up on lots of lovely fruit, and put activity into something such as reading, working on interests etc -(which also require sustinance!)

Also if the body does not need quite as many calories on the odd day - then thats ok, if your friend doesn't feel like eating then best to listen to your body - what you shouldn't do is not eat because you are scared your eating too much `(but essentially still hungry).

Drink lots of water, get lots of rest, don't worry about exercise. I am very clumbsy and following these rules I've healed all sorts of fractures and injurys without intervention. 

Hope this helps! 

Thanks for the advices!  They are very helpful.  I have passed it on to my friends.
Eating HCLF will quicken her recover and help her to slim down. Exercise creates muscle not reduce weight. The only caveat to this is if your doing lots of endurance type exercise. Just do a search on the internet of how many calories exercises burn and you will be surprised.

RSS

About

TheBananaGirl created this Ning Network.

30BaD Search

Latest Activity

Stephen posted photos
yesterday
ednshell replied to Silvery's discussion What are some vitamins you recommend?
Saturday
Profile IconStephen and Carolin joined 30 Bananas a Day!
Saturday
ednshell replied to ednshell's discussion Top German Scientist questions COVID19 response in open letter to Merkel
Saturday
ednshell posted a discussion
Saturday
OrganicMark posted a status
"DUD PARTS Coronavirus testing delayed after kits found to be contaminated by Covid-19 #NoVaccine #organic #fruits https://j.mp/3aDW0ye"
Apr 2
Samantha Marie Alvarez left a comment for Scooby the Cantaloupe Kid
Apr 1
Samantha Marie Alvarez and Scooby the Cantaloupe Kid are now friends
Apr 1
Meurig Rowlands is now a member of 30 Bananas a Day!
Apr 1
Samantha Marie Alvarez posted a discussion
Apr 1
Mika M is now a member of 30 Bananas a Day!
Mar 30
"Bahrain, Belgium Report COVID-19 Treatment Touted By Trump Working For Patients #organic #fruits #vegetables #health https://j.mp/39p6zno"
Mar 27
Cassie K and DreamsofFreedom are now friends
Mar 27
Cassie K added a discussion to the group Gardening for food and fun.
Mar 27
Sarah Troyer and Kevin are now friends
Mar 20
"Visualizing The History Of Pandemics... By Death Toll #NoVaccine #organic #fruits #vegetables #health #longevity http://j.mp/2x0ghPI"
Mar 18

© 2020   Created by TheBananaGirl.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service