30 Bananas a Day!

I have only been at this 80/10/10 thing for about 5 or 6 days now. I have managed to keep my fat and protein down below 10% consistently. The only fat I have eaten this past week was 40 grams of sunflower seeds, 20 grams of cashews and half of an avocado. Most of my calories have been from bananas and dates. I would like to say up front that I have not read the book yet, so I may be doing some things wrong. I ordered the book last Friday and I am looking forward to it arriving in the next couple of days.

My issue is that I have only achieved consumption of 3000 calories or more for the past two days. To do this, I have to eat to the point of being so stuffed it hurts and then when the discomfort starts to go away, I have to eat some more to the point of discomfort again. I'm getting gut cramps. I'm pooping 4 or 5 times a day. Not like the runs, but big healthy dumps. I don't feel well at all. Others have mentioned that I don't look so good also.

Is this normal and does it go away? My goal was to have more energy to be more active and alive. Right now I'm spending quite a bit of my day miserable.

Views: 74

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I hear you on this one.  I think I'd be right in saying it is pretty normal- what were you eating before?  Any radical change in your diet is likely to make you feel uncomfortable for some time.

If your goal is to be more active, then why not try to push through the misery (hard I know) and go for long walks, a jog, or whatever exercise you enjoy.  Even just some long stretches at home can do wonders to get the digestion moving so that you can feel more comfortable.  Also try to get to sleep before 10pm, you'd be surprised what an epic effect that has on your mood, regardless.

I hope you feel better soon- stick with it and I'm sure you'll improve!

It took me weeks to be able to get in 3000 calories, you're doing great! Your stomach will expand, you wont believe how much you'll be able to comfortably get in there after a while.
Hi, congrats on starting the program! You might also decide that the transition is more manageable if you make it more gradual. You decide the pace that works for you! :)
Haven't you just come off a really long juice fast, like 60 days or something, 5-6 days ago? Many people say that the re-feeding period (the period where you let your body adjust to eating food) can take several weeks so I'm not surprised that you are struggling. Eating 3000 calories of anything, even fruit, is bound to stretch your stomach to the point of discomfort. I've never done a really long fast but several people here have done long water fasts so maybe they can advise you on re-feeding. I think the basic advice would be to eat a single fruit to capacity and gradually increase your calories over a couple of weeks. You look like quite a tall guy so I imagine that your eventual calorie goal would be higher than 3000. I'm afraid I don't have any advice for if your belly is full but you still feel ravenous - the reason I've never done a long fast is that I can't imagine not feeling so starving that I could manage the re-feeding slowly ;-). I'm sure someone here can help though, good luck.

Yes, I am coming off from 60 days of nothing but juice. It was more like a juice feast. I was drinking a gallon of juice and at least a gallon of water a day. I was going through 12 to 15 pounds of produce a day. It was a lot of food. It was just too little fruit and no fat. I needed more calories. I got to the point that I couldn't stand it. I'm not so good at slow transitions. 99% of the time slow transition equals eventual failure for me.

Two and a half months ago, I told my friend that I was going to quit drinking and smoking and go 100% raw vegan and start a 30 day juice fast all on the same day. He said that I should do just one to start and once I was comfortable try another and then another, but not all at once. He said that doing all of that at once is a recipe for failure. No one could pull that off long term. I told him if I didn't do it all at once, I wouldn't succeed at any of it. He was like, "Well if anyone could do it, it would be you. What I meant was it would be almost impossible for a normal person."

By the way, I'm 5'9", 153lbs. 

UPDATE:

I definitely was over eating. I ended up in the hospital the night before last. They had to shoot me up with Diloted to get me to stop writhing in pain. I have severely irritated my intestines with all the food I was trying to stuff into myself. I know I shouldn't have went from a 60 day juice fast to 3000 calories overnight. I did read up on how to properly end the juice fast. I did get sound advice from this board on the subject. I chose to ignore common sense. I get so excited about finally being healthy enough to work out and exercise that I want to get on with it now. I couldn't stand the grumpy short temperedness I was going threw from under eating. I didn't even realize I was under eating until I found Harley's videos and this site. It put me in panic mode. I got so worried about under eating that I took it to the opposite extreme. I've always had a problem with doing things all or nothing, now or never. I'm glad I didn't do any permanent damage, but I did set myself back a couple of weeks. I'm back on mostly juice and a small amount of high water fruit  until my intestines heal up enough to handle any kind of volume. It really sucks to not be physically able to eat enough. 

RSS

About

TheBananaGirl created this Ning Network.

30BaD Search

Latest Activity

ednshell and Melissa Grace are now friends
Monday
Melissa Grace replied to Malorey Adams's discussion Is the raw till 4 diet helpful to those with autism?
Monday
I'm 100% RAW:) and frugivore. replied to Dan Leusink's discussion Have near death experiences inspired others to seek this lifestyle?
Monday
Melissa Grace replied to Dan Leusink's discussion Have near death experiences inspired others to seek this lifestyle?
Monday
Melissa Grace left a comment for Valentin Otto
Monday
Melissa Grace posted a status
"Wishing for interest in Kins Domains amoung raw vegans. I know that in all climates there are methods of returning to our pristine origins."
Monday
PK left a comment for Windlord
Sunday
OrganicMark posted a status
"Doctors Speak Out - Frontline Doctors, Press Conference, D.C. - 28 July 2020 - Day after censorship #truth #light https://j.mp/2P7j7bC"
Jul 30
"The Big Tech CENSORSHIP SCANDAL is Going Just As Viral As The BANNED DOCTORS VIDEO!! #awakening #peace #truth #light https://j.mp/2Dk7pru"
Jul 30
"Bill Gates & Fauci!!!! The Truth Is Here and People Need to Take This Worldwide #awakening #peace #truth #love #light https://j.mp/39DNjnV"
Jul 29
Made posted a discussion
Jul 27
Ryan S and Jean-Marc are now friends
Jul 26
Shvara posted a status
"I am for pineapple!"
Jul 23
Shvara posted a blog post
Jul 23
Valentin Otto left a comment for Shvara
Jul 22