i did the math today..if i eat on average 30 bananas a day (3000cals if they are large and ripe) thats 10 bananas per meal. thats 5 minutes per meal x 3. thats 15mins a day im eating.
15mins into 24hours is around 1% right? so that leaves me as a breatharian for 99% of the time..lol!
fasting has a time and place but for me breatharinism is just beyond my comprehension.
when not eating the average male is burning around 7000cals a week by fasting. thats a kg of fat per week. someone with 10% body fat and weighing 70kg could go about 7 weeks before fasting became starvation and eventually death.
so when i hear people talk of breatharianism i do get concerned. the world record holder for fasting is 367 days according to the guiness book of records.