30 Bananas a Day!

If SAD eaters can eat crap everyday then why can't I pig out on special occasions??

If I be good for up to 1 month or a few weeks eating 100% raw low fat, high carb then eat like 2 pizzas on a special night with friends, is it really such a big deal?

Its harmless right?

Views: 4659

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I just thought ppl who found to this page, would be all already eat vegan.

Everyone has their own journey within the raw food lifestyle. Some go cold turkey, like it and don't look back; some take it slowly and remove bad food one by one, others go 80-90% raw and just incorporating cooked foods once in a while. 

If you think that a pizza or 2 with your buddies is important as a social aspect, nobody will hold you guilty for doing so, after all you are making some change, a progress towards more healthy and compassionate life, nobody is perfect and you should take your own pace. Although do take into the notice that if you'll keep eating raw as a base diet, eventually your body will get used to the healthy foods and will react badly towards junk food. sooner or later you will need to stop, but when exactly? that's for you to discover and decide.

My 2 cents.  You're wanting to be able to give up your diet to eat what they expect you to eat, temporarily.  But, are they going to give up what they eat to try your way of eating?  Are they going to give up the pizza and the other foods that have emotional attachments and meanings to them for you, to go a day or two eating nothing but what you would eat in this way of life?  Is it about the food, or is it about the acceptance?  If people care about you, if they love you, then you don't have to eat the same foods as them just to belong.

In all reality, if you want to take a day off from your diet to eat something like pizza, it probably won't kill you.  But in my experience, once your body starts to make adjustments, those old foods are not going to taste the same.  Your body is not going to be happy with you and more than likely you are going to have indigestion on a level you have never experienced before.  The gas pains will be excruciating at times.  Been there, done that.  Stop and think about it.  Easy to digest fruits and greens to much harder to digest white flour, oil, cheese, pepperoni, or whatever toppings.  All animal rights and emotionalism aside, how do you think your body is going to react to these foods after so long without them?  You talked about "being good" for a few weeks first, and then doing this.  It's not like a reward.  The longer you go without that kind of food, the harder it will be for you to be able to handle that kind of food again.  That's like saying if you run unleaded in your car for a few weeks would it be such a big deal to run diesel for one night.  Ask a mechanic what would happen.  Your body is even more sensitive.  Stop and think about it.  And if anything, you'd be better off getting the pizza night out of the way and then move on to this way of life and work on resolving those needs so in the future you'll know the answer.

I am assuming that when you are cheating it is with vegan foods and not animal products.  

It is your choice if you choose to cheat or not.  Once in a blue moon I cheat just for the fun of it and or I have to resort to cooked food because of lack of ripe available fruit.  But I know the consequences of when I do.  I am personally a kidney patient so I am going to have pain in my kidney, back, bladder just for starters.  Then  most other foods give me indigestion or gas or headaches or belching or heart palpitations, or just overall chronic fatigue.  

So I am assuming that as your body gets more detoxed, it will react more strongly to toxic foods.  After that, it is your choice what you eat and or do to your body and how willing you are to pay the consequences.  

Peace, PK

RSS

About

TheBananaGirl created this Ning Network.

30BaD Search

Latest Activity

© 2019   Created by TheBananaGirl.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service