I have been experiencing IBS problems for about a decade now and it keeps getting worse. I have never eaten any meat/fish in my life and I have been a low fat vegan for 4 months now.
Since starting Raw till 4, which I have done for a week now, I go to the toilet 8 times + a day. Before going vegan I went about 3 times every morning.
At the moment I have 700 - 800g of Bananas, sometimes with Maple Syrup, twice a day (breakfast & lunch). Followed by 10 dates (post workout) and a bowl of rice/pasta or potatoes (dinner). This gets me to 3000 calories.
I have learned that my digestive system is quite sensitive and that there could be a number of causes:
- I have always been a grazer (eating small meals - recently I have been eating big meals in one sitting)
- I only started drinking alcohol 2 years ago (I have it maybe 5-6 times a year and it still wrecks havoc)
- This is probably the most fruit I have had consistently in my life
- I suffer from anxiety which always upsets my digestion
- For many years I would get an inconsistent amount of calories each day, due to getting full fast (on average 2,000 or under a day)
- I could be sensitive to certain foods, but it is hard to tell sometimes, even water first thing in the morning makes me rush to the toilet.
- additionally I have poor posture
I still can't figure this out and I am sick of being bloated, gassy, having soft poo etc. etc. Also Doctors are useless :)
It would get great to get some advice and stories of other peoples experiences in similar situations!!
Much appreciated :D
You may find this group
and this book helpful: