30 Bananas a Day!

i quit for 3 months and started again because of stress and now i cant stop. HELP

Views: 651

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

this video was surprisingly helpful for me

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0TL2Vh7goJc

Great video. I can't disagree with anything he said. He is right that nicotine supplements just support the addiction.

gl Beezo.

i quit about a year ago. it sounds to me that you are using the smoking as a stress relief. i would go with what others say about finding something to replace it. 

for me quitting was about breaking down the habits i had formed around smoking: one in the morning, after eating, on my breaks, after work, before bed, etc. the ones at work were the hardest, i actually just stopped taking breaks for a while.

unfortunately sometimes i found that i just had to sit with the stress. breathe through it. what are you doing while you are smoking that cigarette at the end of the day? are you sitting down, are you outside, are you relaxing with someone? all of those things could be factors. for me i was usually enjoying the night air. you can do those things without the smoke. maybe have a drink instead? like a yummy juice, or water, or tea. then you get the hand to mouth action, while enjoying the other things you would have been enjoying to relax while smoking. 

Just realize it longterm it just makes you more stressed.  Deal with the stress now instead of later.

You should definitely get your dad in on it, if he's where you're getting the cigarettes. Tell him not to give you any, and to remind you why he won't give you one when/if you ask. 

Also, I did this with my mom about eating junk at school. I had (have) a lot of stress and it was just easier to grab some crap instead of planning ahead. So, I gave my mom $200, and told her not to give it back to me if I ate any junk in the next month. I think I told her she could give it to my sister, which would really make me mad. You could try a small amount first, maybe give your dad $20 or so, and tell him it's for three days or something, and at the end of the three days, you can make it a longer time with more money at stake. Since he's the one supplying you, he'll definitely know if you cheated and will keep your money. 

I quit three years ago, long before I carbed up! I feel like its so much easier to deal with stressful situations when I'm adequately carbed. When Im lacking or slacking I can definitely tell in how I react to situations. When I quit I used an electronic cigarette and had one real smoke a day than I just stopped smoking the one real one and used the electronic until I ran out of cartridges, than that was it. Quitting smoking was a huge step in my over all health so than the search was on, how can I become the healthiest version of myself? That was my goal! Pet down the smokes, carb up and be healthy! 

Maybe each time you feel like smoking turn on some tunes on your iPod and go for a run? Maybe then the run will kill the stress and you won't feel the need for the cigarette when you've finished.

Yeah after a good run there is no way you will want to smoke! 

RSS

About

TheBananaGirl created this Ning Network.

30BaD Search

Latest Activity

Profile IconHeather and Ken Ebacher joined 30 Bananas a Day!
Wednesday
Eileen A. Murphy posted a status
"Just ate my first banana, today!"
Tuesday
Profile IconEileen A. Murphy and Evan Vallee joined 30 Bananas a Day!
Monday
pradtf replied to pradtf's discussion great site with nutritional research information
Monday
OrganicMark posted a status
"Housing Bubble 2.0 - Foreclosure Filings Up in 17 States - Fannie Mae Sells Off Critical Inventory #peace #truth #now http://bit.ly/2Hskhez"
Sunday
Meredith is now a member of 30 Bananas a Day!
May 17
Profile IconFedor Malkin and Karmenac33 joined 30 Bananas a Day!
May 16
pradtf replied to pradtf's discussion great site with nutritional research information
May 15
Pete Braglia and ednshell are now friends
May 14
Kelly's photo was featured
May 14
Pete Braglia is now a member of 30 Bananas a Day!
May 14
ednshell posted a discussion
May 11
Windlord's photo was featured
May 11
Paul Rodgers posted a video

Now you can't be vegan 'cause... Mineral levels in plants are depleted. LifeRegenerator lacks sense

LifeRegenerator appears on RawKristina's video and repeats what an anti-vegan told me days before... that mineral levels in plant foods have depleted by 85 percent
May 11
Valentin Otto is now a member of 30 Bananas a Day!
May 11

© 2019   Created by TheBananaGirl.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service