30 Bananas a Day!

Hi fruities,

I'm writing a paper for my university on economic sustainability through veganism from the perspective of communication. Basically, what I'm going to focus on is how difficult it is for people to fathom the benefits of going vegan, yet how powerful the truth is if people take their "blinders" off. 

I was wondering if you guys had any resources, articles you've read, or any really good science you have found thus far on the topic. I need to find sources to back up my claims that aren't just people like us. 

I will use Dr. Graham, sparingly, but I would like to focus more on the environmental impacts and use the health benefits as backup.

Thanks for your help! I appreciate it :)

Views: 80

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I think it was Forks over Knives that said if everyone went vegan & we took the grain we feed cows & stuff and used that for human food instead, we could feed everyone like 7 times as much or something.

It might be worthwhile to include some photos of delicious vegan meals.  People don't understand that vegan is more than a salad & veggies.  How about bean chili?   Hearty soups?  Tamales?   Green bean casserole?  Funeral potatoes?  There's all kind of stuff that tastes amazingly great & is vegan-friendly that a lot of people just don't realize until someone points it out to them.

I'm currently reading the China study and its a gold mine of knowledge, I've writeren a paper using it so I do suggest it

great thank you!

also, if I remember correctly, "The World Peace Diet" is full of references on environmental and sustainability issues.

RSS

About

TheBananaGirl created this Ning Network.

30BaD Search

Latest Activity

Alex Curtis-Slep's photo was featured
4 hours ago
Profile IconRonald Gordon, Kelli Hayes, Neda and 3 more joined 30 Bananas a Day!
5 hours ago
Michael Lanfield posted a video
5 hours ago
OrganicMark posted a status
"Weekend $500B Bank Bailout Needed for Jamie Dimon's Bonus! (Bix Weir) #evolution #awakening #peace #truth #love #light http://j.mp/2NAhwdZ"
10 hours ago
Michael Lanfield posted a discussion
yesterday
Michael Lanfield posted a status
"Wanna visit Costa Rica? Vegans get 20% off accommodations. https://peaceful-village.com/join/renting/"
yesterday
Michael Lanfield and Mindaugas BananaHoover are now friends
Wednesday
Houdini Steve Owens left a comment for Laura Maslen
Jan 10
Houdini Steve Owens left a comment for Laura Maslen
Jan 10
Houdini Steve Owens commented on Jasmin's group European Fruit Eaters
Jan 10
Houdini Steve Owens replied to anna's discussion fruitarians in spain / canary islands in the group European Fruit Eaters
Jan 10
Houdini Steve Owens joined Jasmin's group
Jan 10
Houdini Steve Owens commented on Tabassum's group 811 España
Jan 10
Houdini Steve Owens joined Tabassum's group
Jan 10
Jelle replied to Raini Pachak's discussion Oh, hey.
Jan 7

© 2020   Created by TheBananaGirl.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service