30 Bananas a Day!

Hello everyone!

I started  running about a month ago, I run about 5km every weekend at a park near my house, I wish I could run more but my shoes don't let me run more than that. I  started researching for some durable, high quality, light weighted, natural feeling, running shoes and ended up with 4 good options but now I can't decide which should I get lol , anyways here they are : 

Brooks Green Silence
Vibram Five Fingers
Merrel Road Glove
Skora 

I personally like that the Brooks are really eco friendly and seem really light weighted and durable. I have read that the vibrams are not that good for running long distances, that they're more for like yoga or being at your house and stuff like that.Merrels seem like a good combo between vibrams and new balance or some shoe like that , and Skora seem like they would last a long time, they also look pretty comfortable(I'm talking about the synthetic one, not the leather one lol ).

I would love to hear your opinion on the shoes, feel free to share your experiences with them. Thank you.
Peace

Views: 607

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Check out Oregon Mountain Community.  I got Merrel Trail Glove for $80, no shipping or tax.  You may be able to find some of your other brands their also.  They seem to have a lot of closeout specials. Here's an article reviewing the Trail and Road glove.

I loved my first pair of Trail Gloves, using them extensively for road and trail running and river adventuring for a couple of years till I wore holes in the soles.  I just bought 2 more pairs.

$80? thats a great deal dude!, wow a couple of years? thats a loooong time ,cool! thats what I'm looking for , durability. I think now I'll have to decide between the merrel or the brooks 

Most people would have probably discarded them after 1.5 years.   The last few months I put duct tape inside the shoe so as to not put holes in socks.  The sole wore thru, everything else was fine.

Wow thats a lot of miles! I don't have a problem with the price I think that its fair for what you guys offer. Anyways I had some questions, Do you use socks? have you ever tried running some miles barefoot? I don't really like running with socks because I'm afraid it will make my athlete's foot worse, Is there any need for socks? Thanks Kyle

Yeah you may be right about the socksSo do you think that If I start running barefoot on the vibrams my athlete's foot will go worse? I really wanna avoid that, I wanna let my feet breathe right, I think that Im gonna get the Skora first and then a pair of vibrams just to have the experience (:  Thanks bro!

Some things to look for regardless of type are a minimal distance drop, preferably zero, from heel to toe.  A perfectly flat foot, not raise at the back, is better.  Also avoid as much elf-style turn-up of the toes as you can.  Never mind all the gobbledegook of motion control, etc.  Keep barefoot as your ideal, and add as much shoe as your distance, surface, and goals dictate. 

Thanks for the info bro 

For what It's worth I have been running in 5 Fingers for about 6 years and will never run in standard shoes again. I recently found a new pair for about $50 online and could dig up the receipt from where I found them if you were serious about getting a pair. It's important to read up on barefoot running and building strength when you are starting out because our bones, ligaments, and muscles get weakened by regular shoes and aren't allowed to move the way they were designed by nature. When transitioning to barefoot running take it easy and let the feet go back to how they were designed to work.

Actually when I first saw the vibram I fell in love with them, they look really durable and natural, however as I run on tarmac and somewhere along the road it's downhill and then uphill, I was wondering If my toes were gonna be able to handle the downhill part because I have gone through it completely barefoot and let me tell you that I had a horrible experience , my toes kept hurting and hurting because of the hard concrete. So that's how I ended up looking for more options and found the skora which look like I could have a good barefoot experience while running downhill but I would also love to get the vibram for my other activities , Thanks for the info Matt!

Now its either the Skora or the VFF , damm thats a though choice 

great review kyle! thanks a lot for all the info dude you've helped me a lot in choosing the right shoes (: I'll be ordering my skora base next week! , I really want to feel what's like to run on them  after a few hundred miles I'll order the vibrams just for my everyday activies, Thanks again Kyle! 
Peace. 

how have you been in this regard?

RSS

About

TheBananaGirl created this Ning Network.

30BaD Search

Latest Activity

OrganicMark posted a status
"$53.2 Billion In QE Lite: Fed Concludes First Repo In A Decade Amid Liquidity Panic #peace #truth #love #light http://j.mp/2kFdPbI"
8 hours ago
"Home Prices: Downhill From Here #evolution #awakening #peace #truth #love #light http://j.mp/2kMOeNN"
yesterday
pradtf replied to pradtf's discussion great site with nutritional research information
Sunday
pradtf left a comment for Tams
Friday
pradtf and Tams are now friends
Friday
pradtf replied to pradtf's discussion great site with nutritional research information
Friday
"ECB cuts key rate, relaunches QE to shore up eurozone economy #evolution #awakening #peace #truth #love #light http://j.mp/2kymAUZ"
Friday
"Trump Says Fed Should Cut Rates "To ZERO Or Less", So US Can Refinance Debt And Lenghten Maturities #peace #truth#light http://j.mp/2kH4yzB"
Sep 12
hajapapaya replied to TINtininintin's discussion seeking hair and scalp advice in the group Raw Vegan Skincare & Beauty
Sep 8
"Housing Bubble 2.0 - Housing Market Crash on the Way: Shiller #evolution #awakening #peace #truth #love #light http://j.mp/2knZ6ln"
Sep 8
Peter Csere commented on Peter Csere's video
Sep 7
Josephine H Calvi is now friends with Randy Raw, Jojo Marion and Kevin
Sep 6
Lotus33 and Primal Rich are now friends
Sep 6
Scarlet R joined TheBananaGirl's group
Sep 6
"For Second Week In A Row, Fed Buys Treasuries (AKA, QE4!?!) #evolution #awakening #peace #truth #love #light http://j.mp/2lCSaRg"
Sep 5
Amanda May left a comment for Kevin
Sep 5

© 2019   Created by TheBananaGirl.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service