30 Bananas a Day!

Ok so I still haven't started, it's hard to start because I live with my family and they think a vegan diet isn't practical and they just think it's stupid. It's just super hard to be a vegan when there are temptations. I wish I had some support but I have no one. And I can't move out bc I can't afford it. How do I make them understand or show them why it's a great way to live? Or how can I get proper support? Please help, I'm trying my best.

Views: 112

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

It's fruitless and needless to try to change other people to a given point of view. All you can do is present your views, opinions, feelings, and facts and see how they respond. Any change in your family's opinions, if they come at all, is probably going to result from seeing you thrive on the diet. You don't have to do fruit-based if that's impossible in your current situation. You can do the second-best thing: starch-based (Dr. McDougall style). It's still high-carb, low-fat vegan and you'll still feel good.

In terms of getting support, you should check to see if there are any vegan/raw-vegan/fruitarian meetup groups or facebook pages for your area.

All the best!

I will definately try doing that! Thanks for the help!
That's true. I'll Definately look tho! Thanks!

Can I politely ask how old you are?  Are you purchasing your own food?  If you are, you don't need anyone's opinion on what you choose to eat.  I agree with Z3F, it's useless to try to explain or change others views.  If eating or buying a lot of fruit is not doable, start out on a Raw Til 4--banana smoothies for breakfast, bunch of fruit for lunch and a starch dinner (potatoes, rice, corn pasta, steamed veggies, no oil, no salt).  This is a great way to transition into fully raw, especially if you are a new vegan.  You're not going to get any support from your family initially.  For some people, 30Bad and youtube are the only supoort for this lifestyle.  Instead of trying to explain the whole philosophy of this lifestyle to them, just tell them you're experimenting with eating more fruits and veggies for health and to see how you feel.  Even meat eaters heard somewhere that fruits and vegs are good for you lol!  Trying to explain raw to them will blow their minds at this point.  Good luck, take it day by day; if you have to eat cooked, choose the rice, veggies, sweet potatoes and of course the salad option.  

I'm 21. And not as of right now bc I don't have a lot of money. That makes a lot of sense tho. Thanks for the help

Just address it to them as a diet to help with whatever area you are needing...no one second-guesses a diet, but will constantly bombard you with opinions, questions and attitude if you say it's a lifestyle.  Once you feel established then you can discuss it more...just do your best, keep a log so you can see what causes problems and what you eat on your best days!  Temptation will always be there so CARB UP and just keep getting up and don't give up! :)

Thank u! That makes sense, maybe once they see the vegan diet works. They might shut up about it lol

RSS

About

TheBananaGirl created this Ning Network.

30BaD Search

Latest Activity

Frugisaurus's photo was featured
12 hours ago
ednshell commented on ednshell's video
12 hours ago
ednshell posted a video

Why Smoothies are the Solution to Nourishment

From a live phone wellness consultation. I was coaching my client on how to get his greens and omega-3s in (flax oil because of sensitivity to seeds). While ...
12 hours ago
ednshell replied to Frugisaurus's discussion Digestion on High Raw VS RT4/Starch based
12 hours ago
ednshell replied to Frugisaurus's discussion Digestion on High Raw VS RT4/Starch based
12 hours ago
OrganicMark posted a status
""I See No Future Here": Migration To Taiwan Surges 28% As Hong Kong Residents Flee #peace #truth #love #light #now http://j.mp/31RVJTO"
13 hours ago
Blue Coutell is now a member of 30 Bananas a Day!
13 hours ago
"Chinese Social Credit Score Prevents 2.5 Million "Discredited Entities" From Buying Plane Tickets #peace #truth #light http://j.mp/30tZWNf"
13 hours ago
pradtf replied to pradtf's discussion great site with nutritional research information
Sunday
"12 Reasons Why Negative Rates Will Devastate The World #evolution #awakening #peace #truth #love #light #now http://j.mp/31FPK4a"
Sunday
"Recession Countdown Begins: Treasury 2s10s Yield Curve Inverts For 1st Time In 12 Yrs; 30Y Yield Drops To All Time Low http://j.mp/2Z56cte"
Friday
Frugisaurus posted a discussion
Aug 12
Frugisaurus and Cyril are now friends
Aug 12
pradtf replied to pradtf's discussion great site with nutritional research information
Aug 12
"It’s Time To Expose These False Flags - Episode 1937c #evolution #awakening #peace #truth #love #light #now http://j.mp/2YBDept"
Aug 8
Frugisaurus and fruity78 are now friends
Aug 6

© 2019   Created by TheBananaGirl.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service