30 Bananas a Day!

I'm 5' 7.5'', 150lbs, low bf % and building muscle. Been high carb vegan for 2+ months.  I try to eat at least 4000 calories a day.  I've been doing it for a while and it's just getting to hard to keep it up.  The fruit gets too sweet, whether I eat the bananas and dates or blend them.  I'm not full at all, I just can't consume any more.  And with rice and pasta, it just gets so dry and chewy.  I had no problem a month ago, but it's getting to be too much.  I've added in some soy sauce, salsa and tomato sauce to try to help get the rice and pasta down, but it's just too much.  Does any one else have experience with fruit being too sweet and rice being too dry and chewy?  Like I said, I'm not full yet but I can't eat any more.  How much do I actually have to be eating?  

Views: 1929

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I posted something similar to this recently. 

Everyone told me to up my greens. 

Maybe your body is trying to tell you "enough energy foods, more mineral foods"?

hmm, ok. I'll try.  It's just at this point it's hard to get myself to eat salad.

I would avoid pasta. And rice --- I agree can get boring in large amounts. My favorite cooked staple are the small red potatoes. You can slice them up and bake them. And they taste really good. You can add a little seasoning, or dip them in stewed tomatoes. Plus they are pretty calorie dense and VERY filling. I also love love sweet potatoes. Maybe add those to dinner. I would recommend increasing your greens too. Try celery and banana smoothies --- tastes kind of salty sweet. Good luck!!!

may I ask why you suggest avoiding pasta and rice?  Is it because they are grains?  Obviously right now I'm having trouble eating them, but I prefer them a lot over potatoes.  When I've had potatoes, they fill me up very fast.  I can try them again though.  Thanks for the advice.

Actually I meant to avoid pasta --- derived from white flour, because it is more processed. However, rice is fine, I just think it tastes a bit boring. (Sorry it wasn't clear how I wrote it.) Looks like you have been trying a lot of different things. I hope it works out for ya.

jjust keep trying different kinds of fruit and carbs until you find your favourite

Juicy water rich fruits are the way to go!

cut out rice and pasta all together or just don't make it the last meal?  Lately I've been eating more cooked carbs overall. I'll do the greens as the last meal though.

To clarify my issue, it's not that I'm hungry and can't eat enough, it's that I think I need to eat more, but can't.  I'm not hungry or full.  My goal is not to feel more full, it's to get in more calories.  I think I'm getting in enough protein by occasionally consuming beans and lentils.  At this point, I don't think going raw again is best for me and my goals.  I like the high carb lifestyle and really want to make it work.  I'll still consider the protein powder though.

incredible about fruit getting too sweet. i mean as long as it aint overripe. do you eat at least three heads of lettuce a day, that may help in some way. blending it maybe with fruit? if you're not full, can you say why it's too much? i mean fruit toosweet and how about cookedvegan?

I haven't been eating lettuce, that's already been suggested.  I will try increasing my greens and adding them to smoothies.  I don't understand your last 2 questions.

Ok, here's my big confession:

Every once in a while I am going on 2,500-3,000 daily calories crusade (weighing everything and counting in chronometer). For a while it feels awesome: I eat 2 monomeals of fruit ~ 1000 cals and about 500cals + greens at night (note I am a girl :) ). Feel superenergized and stable.

Than after about a month or so I get tired of eating so much: none of the fruit tastes good anymore, I don't enjoy eating, eating becomes an obligation, etc. So, at this time I let go of all counting and just eat what I want, when I want, as much as I want (still staying lfrv, very stable). During this time I find it very helpful not to eat any mixtures and just stay with monomeals. I find that when I start eating a lot of vegetable mixtures (even low fat) it leads to undereating on calories while filling up on fiber, low energy and cravings for avocadoes. I do eat a lot of plain mixed greens during this time - even during the day because I really desire them after all the sweet fruit.

And so it goes until the next urge to 'carb up' :)

Also I would like to point out that my goal is to enjoy everything I am doing including eating and exercising. So, if I find that I am not enjoying eating anymore - it's time to ease off... and listen to my body. Of course my body is not going to crave any cooked food any more, so I understand that it might not work for everyone.

I would strongly recommend early nights & a big salad everyday. You can't just go on fruit - you will get sick of it, which is exactly what is happening. In time you will love veg, but u must be patient. Or just consult with Doug Graham. He also gives advise to people who are not 100% yet or don't want to be. You can ask him on vegsource or consult via his website.

RSS

About

TheBananaGirl created this Ning Network.

30BaD Search

Latest Activity

OrganicMark posted a status
"Navy Patents UFO-Like Compact Nuclear Fusion Reactor and Hybrid Space/Sea Crafts #evolution #peace #truth #love #light http://j.mp/2qtNgbW"
7 hours ago
Aysel is now friends with Houdini Steve Owens and Sugalena
Wednesday
"Why the 2008 Housing Crisis Recovery Is Just an Illusion (w/ Keith Jurow) #evolution #awakening #peace #truth #light http://j.mp/2ODSZ93"
Tuesday
"Not Transitory - Fed Liquidity Handout Surges To Near $90 Billion #evolution #awakening #peace #truth #love #light http://j.mp/35F4Sl5"
Tuesday
Frugisaurus and Alex Curtis-Slep are now friends
Monday
Michael Lanfield posted a video

Return to the Gentle Sea by Michael Lanfield with Music by Dr. Will Tuttle, PhD (Full Audiobook)

Return to the Gentle Sea: For the Love That Lives in Everyone is a book on spiritual healing and cultural transformation on the human relationship to nonhuman animals. It explains how living in a herding culture, eating animals and their secretions,…
Oct 14
Michael Lanfield commented on ednshell's video
Oct 14
Michael Lanfield and Olga are now friends
Oct 14
Raw Aussie Athlete and Lil Green Coconut are now friends
Oct 14
ednshell replied to Tams's discussion Best vegan retreats ?
Oct 13
ednshell posted a video

Take Back Your Power 2017 (Official) - smart meter documentary

This award-winning film documents the real story on smart meters. + Subscribe for free EMF guide & help stop 'smart' meters and 5G: https://TakeBackYourPower...
Oct 13
ednshell posted a discussion
Oct 13
Profile Iconmichael wilson, Savannah Holte, tori jacobs and 2 more joined 30 Bananas a Day!
Oct 13
"QE4 "Not A QE" Begins: Fed Starts Buying $60BN In Bills Per Month Beginning Next Week #awakening #peace #truth #light http://j.mp/2M9cmoQ"
Oct 12
Rock and Tams are now friends
Oct 12
Tams posted a discussion
Oct 11

© 2019   Created by TheBananaGirl.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service