30 Bananas a Day!

"A recent example of what happens when one fails to understand basic economic principles occurred in Grand Rapids, Michigan. The Garden Diner and Café, announced it would close its doors at the end of last month despite a pleasing menu and offering hip vegan food options.

"In addition to the food, the diner’s business model received a great deal of attention. While some politely say the diner’s means of operation were “progressive,” at least one media outlet referred to the establishment as “Marxist Vegan.”

Marxism on the Menu: Why This Communist Restaurant Failed

Marxist Vegan Restaurant Closes After Customers No Longer Willing t...

Grand Rapids' worker-run, no-tipping restaurant closes

What is up with collectivists? Don't they ever get it? Or is it just that they are mainly kids 16-24 years old who live in an emotional fantasy world; who haven't grown up yet?

Sheesh. Pick out the communist/socialist/fascist governments and their leaders on this page and add up the murderous deaths. Crazy. And the above restaurant idolizes these people.

I think if health-conscious entrepreneurs really want to spread the word and make a beautiful difference in this world, they'd best immediately drop the collectivist BS and get on with producing great products, services and maximum education for their customers.

Views: 297

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

It's best to work with the culture and economy you're in.  So it's not sensible to make a restaurant without tips and no boss in capitalist America.

I doubt that this sort of place would even exist in a typical collectivist economy. How does such a place function without adequate incentives? The ideas of equal pay across the board and no boss may seem attractive from a superficial, emotional POV. But if you've ever worked in such a situation, you'll quickly see how so many functions of the business quickly devolve down to the lowest common denominator (i.e. poor), as far as quality, incentive, attitude and cooperation.

Agreed. This is a reason why I would not vote left

Not all "collectivists" run businesses with irregular hours and poor customer service.

But what happens if everyone in the collective votes to have irregular hours and providing service as they feel like it? Or maybe it's a democracy, where 51% voted for this, and the other 49% simply must comply. (so much for equality, tolerance and all the rest of it).

I mean, that is effectively what happened... lack of incentive (no higher pay for harder workers), lack of work rules, and 'flexible' standards... everyone being very 'tolerant' of each other's needs and idiosyncracies.

RSS

About

TheBananaGirl created this Ning Network.

30BaD Search

Latest Activity

Aysel is now friends with Houdini Steve Owens and Sugalena
13 hours ago
OrganicMark posted a status
"Why the 2008 Housing Crisis Recovery Is Just an Illusion (w/ Keith Jurow) #evolution #awakening #peace #truth #light http://j.mp/2ODSZ93"
yesterday
OrganicMark posted a status
"Not Transitory - Fed Liquidity Handout Surges To Near $90 Billion #evolution #awakening #peace #truth #love #light http://j.mp/35F4Sl5"
yesterday
Frugisaurus and Alex Curtis-Slep are now friends
Monday
Michael Lanfield posted a video

Return to the Gentle Sea by Michael Lanfield with Music by Dr. Will Tuttle, PhD (Full Audiobook)

Return to the Gentle Sea: For the Love That Lives in Everyone is a book on spiritual healing and cultural transformation on the human relationship to nonhuman animals. It explains how living in a herding culture, eating animals and their secretions,…
Sunday
Michael Lanfield commented on ednshell's video
Sunday
Michael Lanfield and Olga are now friends
Sunday
Raw Aussie Athlete and Lil Green Coconut are now friends
Sunday
ednshell replied to Tams's discussion Best vegan retreats ?
Saturday
ednshell posted a video

Take Back Your Power 2017 (Official) - smart meter documentary

This award-winning film documents the real story on smart meters. + Subscribe for free EMF guide & help stop 'smart' meters and 5G: https://TakeBackYourPower...
Saturday
ednshell posted a discussion
Saturday
Profile Iconmichael wilson, Savannah Holte, tori jacobs and 2 more joined 30 Bananas a Day!
Saturday
OrganicMark posted a status
"QE4 "Not A QE" Begins: Fed Starts Buying $60BN In Bills Per Month Beginning Next Week #awakening #peace #truth #light http://j.mp/2M9cmoQ"
Friday
Rock and Tams are now friends
Friday
Tams posted a discussion
Friday
OrganicMark posted a status
"Powell says the Fed will start expanding its balance sheet ‘soon’ in response to funding issues #peace #truth #light http://j.mp/30Zc8ol"
Oct 11

© 2019   Created by TheBananaGirl.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service