30 Bananas a Day!

Today, I have to eat a minimum of Twenty bananas or else,I'm confident,I'll be eating steamed potatoes tonight.(again- for the 2nd time in 3 weeks) I'll be honest, I fear increasing my calories. I'm 5"10" -128lbs. and while most days, I'm either at the gym or practicing Bikram Yoga, I'm still dissatisfied with my body ( not a very good thing to say, I know).
I'm seeking words of wisdom from someone who is father along the path than I am. ( 3 weeks) Someone who has walked through the fear and has increased their calorie intake.. considerable...to where they finally have the body they desired.
I know every body is different and what works for one may not... but, still, I'd like to hear.
Thank you!

Views: 1191

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I have never been! I am going on a raw vegan retreat Jan 27-Feb 2. Hermosa beach. Luckily I speak spanish pretty well so I can communicate with the natives :) Even though they still will call me a Gringa! haha Is Guanaste nearby?

That's awesome: you speak Spanish! I plan on taking Spanish lessons. You're going to a raw vegan retreat? C.R, I've read, is paradise. I'm sure you're going to have a wonderful time. I'll check on where Hermosa beach is, and get back to you!

McDougall plan isn't that bad as long as you're properly hydrating with enough water.  the starches tend to soak up more water so you need to drink more.  Just think about it this way.  You've built up your body fat stores over a long period of time, so as long as you keep the fat low, over time you will burn the fat off.  it will take time.  excess carbs dont turn into fat so if youre eating high carb plant foods, then you'll be getting mostly carbs. and carbs are our life force. gotta think of it as fuel in your gas tank, if you want to go far and or fast and or strong, gotta put more in the tank.  simple sugars=simpler to digest. complex=harder to digest  some cooked potatoes at night are not going to hurt your fitness goals assuming you're boiling or steaming them and not cooking them in oil. realize that you are beautiful already. see the light in yourself.  be patient and make the small steps everyday towards the bigger picture.

spot on!

I'm steaming! :) With the McDougal plan I was cooking most of my plant food, and eating limited amounts of fruit.
My hair started to fall out... made up of protein...so, I thought it was due to my low level protein intake as it never happened to me before. So,three weeks ago I bought Hemp protein powder. That was right about the time, I found you fine people. Today, my hair is fine-in just 3 weeks!
What I've learned: our bodies need raw fruit and veggies (and a few steamed spuds:) to grow hair, build muscles and to keep our lights shining bright!

If losing hair was attributed to protein intake then all the guys on youtube going bald from steroid usage wouldnt be going bald....

Hair replacement clinics are popping up all over the western world. Pretty sure its not related to 'protein insufficiency'. ;)

Hair loss is one of the first symptoms of anorexia in women. One of the first symptoms of steroid usage in men. Doesnt happen to all of them but it does to most. Its pretty common i the fitness modeling industry to have fake hair after it started falling out in clumps from all the steroids and starving down for the photo shoots.

Thank you I didnt know that- " hair loss is one of the fist symptoms..."

As a "body builder" 2-3 yrs. ago,I went along with my trainer's diet recommendations-no fruit. But, after I put on 20 or so pounds from the " bulk up " stage I had a tuff time severely restricting calories enough to accomplish the " cutting" stage, so I jumped ship.
Next, I went on to Paleo- what a f***(talk in your language lol:) nightmare that was. I'm talking, truly, a nightmare as that's what the back of my hamstrings and butt looked like (with all the cellulite and fat which had suddenly appeared.) I knew Paleo was killing me, so I went on to the McDougall diet (but with calorie restriction),and when my hair started falling out, I knew something was, obviuosly, wrong. So, I searched, and found 811, Freelee and you. Grateful. :)

What does your body look like at 128lbs though? Here are 2 ladies of pretty similar weight (the girl on the right would weigh more though). 

"WEIGHT DOESNT MEAN AS MUCH AS HOW TIGHT THE BUNS ARE!". Too many girls starve down and get a pancake butt. Nothing wrong with that but looking like an 80 year old as a 25 year old....

You are right, and I'm hoping you and your crew can get me there...that's the plan.:)

Are you the one on the right?  jk

RSS

About

TheBananaGirl created this Ning Network.

30BaD Search

Latest Activity

OrganicMark posted a status
"One Bank Finally Admits The Fed's "NOT QE" Is Indeed QE... And Could Lead To Financial Collapse #peace #truth #light http://j.mp/2NQ5Jsc"
10 hours ago
Rock replied to Victoria's discussion Info on the death of my fellow faster?? anyone know any details?
13 hours ago
Rock replied to Victoria's discussion Info on the death of my fellow faster?? anyone know any details?
13 hours ago
Kris and Kevin are now friends
Wednesday
Sylvie Charron replied to cindy's discussion BEFORE AND AFTER PHOTOS
Tuesday
Tuesday
Tuesday
Sarah Troyer joined TheBananaGirl's group
Tuesday
JP7 is now a member of 30 Bananas a Day!
Tuesday
Lynae K. commented on victoria conde's blog post GOODBYE Tanglewood
Tuesday
Lynae K. replied to Victoria's discussion Info on the death of my fellow faster?? anyone know any details?
Tuesday
ednshell posted a video
Sunday
Profile IconSylvie Charron, Sarah Troyer, arinn m williams and 4 more joined 30 Bananas a Day!
Sunday
Mindaugas BananaHoover replied to Mindaugas BananaHoover's discussion Project: 101 Arguments Why We Need Move to TROPICS. Yes No Lists in the group Costa Rica 80 10 10
Nov 4
Profile IconBlu and Mike Moffat joined 30 Bananas a Day!
Oct 25
ednshell posted a video

Arthur Firstenberg - 5G, Birds, Bees, and Humanity

A Symposium regarding 5G, Birds, Bees, and Humanity was held on August 12, 2018 in Taos, New Mexico, USA. Arthur Firstenberg was one of the…
Oct 25

© 2019   Created by TheBananaGirl.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service