30 Bananas a Day!

my parents are threatening to control what i eat out of the fear that i have an "eating disorder" even though i eat 2-3k calories a day, which is a ton for someone my size (5'3")
my dad is a mcdougall supporter, and has an obsession with whole grain. all the time, it's all i hear - "you need more whole grain, whole grain, blah blah EAT YOUR BREAD"

of course i don't. 
i need articles that talk about why grains are bad for you and how fruit does not spike blood sugar any more than bread does, and i can find plenty online, but not from reliable sources.

if i don't get some info to fire back at him, i'll be forced to eat oatmeal at breakfast, tofu sandwiches for lunch, and rice and beans at dinner.
i'm gonna cry. someone help me out of this. 

Views: 1568

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

My suggestion is almost always the same, don't squabble with them over food, just do what you do quietly and if they do press you to eat something you don't want to, then you can bring out the facts to show them you're OK, not that you are trying to force them to change or anything like that. In fact, after a while as they see how well you are doing,. they may decide on their own, to make some changes which is great! :)                                  

i find this information on a romanian site. You can find in your own language on google. I find our that omivore woman have longer , periods with lots of pain, depends on how much meat , dairy , eggs they eat. Vegetarians still have periods but shoter, less days, and less blood lost, Vegans have even shoter periods, with almost no pain , and raw womans have just some drops of blood for 1 day maybe one in 3 months. Some raw womens have no periods. I have read this from a good source. Which susstains that if your body is more polluted(because of animal food, etc), it have to clean through periods, since raw womans have a less polluted body they don't need to clean though periods. On this source a ordinarry teenages turnes to raw and her periods dissapeared. She eated for a few days some cooked food plus animal products and guess what? in 3 weeks she regains periods. Then she want back 100% raw and periods dissapeared. She sayd that she had done it to convince one again that cooked foods and periods affect each other

I don't know if it's true, but would totally be looking forward to that.

After being not even 100% for a couple months my monthly cramps were gone completely (!!!!), and that was like seven months ago. Even being vegan I had bad cramps that lasted usually one day. Periods are definitely a lot lighter now as well. :)

Periods can stop from anorexia too. I had anorexia at 14 that at 16 i was back at a normal weight but i had never had periods , ever . Until 1 week ago at 17,  and they are very short and no  pain, really i don't know how it feels on a normal diet but i am not going to try. I am going to improve my health until there will be no periods. ;)

Another good book on this grain subject is "Against the grain: How agriculture has hijacked civilization" By: Richard Manning...

It seems that modern agriculture has stolen and ruined our land and enslaved us all!

Fight back! Plant fruit forests for the future generations!

thank you everyone<33

I definitely recommend Douglas Graham's 'Grain Damage'.  It's really informative and will help enlighten your dad about why grains aren't ideal for humans—they're essentially bird food.  If you're strapped for money or pressed for time, you could search online for a pdf file of the book (not sure if saying that is against the rules).  All the best to you ... and once you teach your father how bad grains are you can turn him on to fruit with 80/10/10.  An even simpler way would be to show him videos of people like Michael Arnstein and Ruth Heidrich who are athletic and experiencing supreme health with this lifestyle. 

I'll tell you something.

Good parents will always do their best to protect their children. 'They think they know' how and whats best. It's also hard for them to express their feelings.

You should feel important and appreciated, they love you.

My parents(mostly my dad) were pretty close minded and controlling about my life (they actually still try even now that I'm 26 lol). So much that they made me cry till age 16, pretty hard on self esteem for a boy just trying to make is way through this confusing world. Came to a point where I realized it wasn't worth 'fighting back' anymore. I started nodding to them, even tho i wouldn't agree. My attitude toward them changed the situation.

Now that I am a little older, I can see where all this struggle came from. I am grateful and I love them.

RSS

About

TheBananaGirl created this Ning Network.

30BaD Search

Latest Activity

Rock and Nemo are now friends
Tuesday
OrganicMark posted a status
"#SerialBrain2 - Winning: Trump now controls the chemtrails! (Pt.2) #awakening #peace #truth #love #light #now http://bit.ly/2GbYV48"
Sunday
"Housing Bubble 2.0 - Foreclosure Filing Onslaught is On the Way #evolution #awakening #peace #truth #love #light #now http://bit.ly/2JFxuAL"
Sunday
Profile Iconchungculands, Deya Storm, Luke Robinson and 1 more joined 30 Bananas a Day!
Sunday
pradtf replied to pradtf's discussion great site with nutritional research information
Sunday
Tanya Popovic left a comment for Rebecca
Jul 12
Rebecca left a comment for Rebecca
Jul 12
Profile Iconcal bates, mark wilcox, Claire Hyun and 4 more joined 30 Bananas a Day!
Jul 11
Eddie (Mecca Date Farm) replied to Eddie (Mecca Date Farm)'s discussion Semi Dry Medjool Dates, 20 # for $67.00 US. from meccadatefarm.com
Jul 10
Eddie (Mecca Date Farm) posted a discussion
Jul 10
"Deutsche Bank will exit global equities business and slash 18,000 jobs in sweeping overhaul #truth #love #light #now https://cnb.cx/2LFElN9"
Jul 8
pradtf replied to pradtf's discussion great site with nutritional research information
Jul 8
"Most Americans Can't Afford To Pay Rent, Eat Food, Buy Stuff, Or Get Sick (And It's Just Going To Get Worse) #love http://bit.ly/2YBf3mL"
Jul 6
"Media Predictions Of "Tiny Crowd" For Trump July 4 Speech Proven Spectacularly Wrong #peace #truth #love #light #now http://bit.ly/2Xtf1B8"
Jul 6
Jul 1
Melissa Grace replied to Melissa Grace's discussion Vegan and Raw Vegan Eco-village(s) “Total Union”
Jun 30

© 2019   Created by TheBananaGirl.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service