30 Bananas a Day!

I am pregnant and all these people around me tell me I need protein, and blah and blah so I tell them, Leafy greens have protein and go on and talk about  all the research I read.

People don't listen. The next day its something else. I get comments that I am not seeing a doctor. I get hints that I am doing damage to my baby, or not being wise. Comments like, " YOUR BODY WANTS PROTEIN"

or to give in to my cravings for Big Macs and Sardines with peanut butter. Because Its what baby wants,

I am told my cravings for junk food are because I need meat.

I think because I am responsible for someone else, that I have to do what every body else does, when pregnant. EXCUSE ME

That I no longer KNOW, just cuz I am a woman.

I don't want to get shot up in my spine, xray my fragile fetus, get cut open in my belly and to my ass, have my baby in formaldehyde or drugged up with fake vitamin pills. I don't want a man around me when I give birth I dont know.

I want natural, quick, by myself, so my brain feels safe and does it naturally. I have seen many videos of women doing this in bathtubs,

I don't want to be fat like all those girls who tell me I need meat. Its like they make me food and put plates in my face, good for baby, and they don't get the message and its ruining friendships.

The other day I had a smoothie and my friend was like, " You cant have just that..it's not substantial!"

Its getting personal.

Just my SAD eating cooked food friends. And girlfriends.

I need this, I need that.

"Ever hear of folic acid? Of course not, cuz that's what pregnant women take and you have no idea cuz you are not seeing a doctor!"

I think its kind of rude.

Views: 592

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I love that response, wherever I am when the baby comes.
REALLY BY YOURSELF< YOU HAVE VIDEOS???
http://www.unassistedchildbirth.com/

Have you seen Laura Shanley's excellent interview? I had an unnassisted homebirth too but no video to share sorry, but there is one on the above link.
I had two unassisted births as well, but no videos. :( That's the thing with unassisted births, there just aren't as many spare hands to hold a video camera. My 9 year old has designated himself the videographer for the next birth, whenever it may be.

The website ednshell linked to has some home vids from unassisted births, and there are LOTS more on youtube. They will totally get you inspired to have a completely "primal" birth.
Wow.
no videos, just awesome memories! i was only with my partner at birthtime
Sara, was your first birthing experience unassisted? I fear if my husband is my sole helper and he sees me in labor and faints (he tends to empathize and experience the same symptoms as the person he is with), and I was unsure of the position of my baby and whether he/she needed to be turned or required help no one would be there... I would like to have the confidence to have a birth on my own though, that would be miraculous.
yes my first and second were both unassisted. having husband/partner support is crucial in any decision about birth unless you're single.
This is just the beginning, unfortunately! I was getting those kinds of comments even on the SAD when I was pregnant. Told I wasn't eating enough, I needed to eat this and that, I shouldn't have that. Then I was criticized and scrutinized about having the baby at home with the midwife, then I was scrutinized by other 'well meaning' people and parents about my parenting skills and decision to homeschool my children. On and on it goes.

The best thing to do is not share anything 'controversial' with others. And if they tell you to do something, or not to do something, you can even tell them "thanks, that's a good idea, maybe I'll try it" and leave it at that. There you go - there's no battling or arguing...you don't get frustrated and defensive about your choices and they don't get concerned that you are harming yourself or the baby.

Trust me this is the worst time to argue and get upset over things and people around you. Most of them are just uninformed but well-meaning. They think they are doing you a favor even if they aren't. You are going to do things your way no matter what, so if you appease them a little with some verbal recognition it will diffuse a lot of anxiety.

Just my opinion!
well that girl went back home so i am alone now. But she will be back. She will be frying eggs and potatoes and making me plates and they will sit there until I give them to my dog or say no.
Oh my god, somebody would be in for some serious shiznit if they tried that here. What is she thinking? Doesn't she know how you eat? Why would that change just because you're pregnant?

If you are perfectly healthy and you've been eating this way a long time, drastically changing your diet could actually cause some problems. I have experienced this firsthand.
well that girl went back home so i am alone now. But she will be back. She will be frying eggs and potatoes and making me plates and they will sit there until I give them to my dog or say no.

You allow people to cook food in your house? Cooking food in our house is strictly PROHIBITED! We store fruit on our stove.

btw I just tried to call you but it's busy--I will try again later!

RSS

About

TheBananaGirl created this Ning Network.

30BaD Search

Latest Activity

Rock and Nemo are now friends
yesterday
OrganicMark posted a status
"#SerialBrain2 - Winning: Trump now controls the chemtrails! (Pt.2) #awakening #peace #truth #love #light #now http://bit.ly/2GbYV48"
Sunday
"Housing Bubble 2.0 - Foreclosure Filing Onslaught is On the Way #evolution #awakening #peace #truth #love #light #now http://bit.ly/2JFxuAL"
Sunday
Profile Iconchungculands, Deya Storm, Luke Robinson and 1 more joined 30 Bananas a Day!
Sunday
pradtf replied to pradtf's discussion great site with nutritional research information
Sunday
Tanya Popovic left a comment for Rebecca
Thursday
Rebecca left a comment for Rebecca
Thursday
Profile Iconcal bates, mark wilcox, Claire Hyun and 4 more joined 30 Bananas a Day!
Jul 11
Eddie (Mecca Date Farm) replied to Eddie (Mecca Date Farm)'s discussion Semi Dry Medjool Dates, 20 # for $67.00 US. from meccadatefarm.com
Jul 10
Eddie (Mecca Date Farm) posted a discussion
Jul 10
"Deutsche Bank will exit global equities business and slash 18,000 jobs in sweeping overhaul #truth #love #light #now https://cnb.cx/2LFElN9"
Jul 8
pradtf replied to pradtf's discussion great site with nutritional research information
Jul 8
"Most Americans Can't Afford To Pay Rent, Eat Food, Buy Stuff, Or Get Sick (And It's Just Going To Get Worse) #love http://bit.ly/2YBf3mL"
Jul 6
"Media Predictions Of "Tiny Crowd" For Trump July 4 Speech Proven Spectacularly Wrong #peace #truth #love #light #now http://bit.ly/2Xtf1B8"
Jul 6
Jul 1
Melissa Grace replied to Melissa Grace's discussion Vegan and Raw Vegan Eco-village(s) “Total Union”
Jun 30

© 2019   Created by TheBananaGirl.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service