30 Bananas a Day!

I am in love with my new lifestyle but everyone else seems angry or so judgmental about it...

I was wondering how you all deal with people in your life that love to make fun of you, ask you irritating questions (on purpose), and those that just want to argue about the many reasons for going vegan?

For example, I went to a family birthday dinner with my boyfriend and one of his relatives gave me a hard time about it. Everyone else just gave me weird looks even though I have been on this path now for 3 months. I have no intention of ever going back to my old habits. Anyways, so he would ask me the "basic vegan questions" that everyone is oh so fond of but as I respond, he looks around at everyone and is smiling... Okay, that pissed me off so bad because he wasn't even giving what I was saying respect. When he asked me what made me want to stop eating meat I told him I do not eat animal products and it is because I have heard it working for people with depression and bipolar mania. Right then he shut up. Which was great, because I could enjoy my huge salad in peace. Mind you, I in no way tried to force my opinions on him and tried to like convert him or something. 

I thought it was so funny  how he was attacking me up until I said brought up my life long struggle with depression, anxiety, bipolar disorder. A clean vegan diet has helped better than any medication I have ever been prescribed.

Its almost like, if I were to tell him I became vegan because of animal rights (which is another one of my reasons) he was so ready to pounce and attack anything I had to say. This especially sucks because that seriously pushes me away from him. 

What stories do you all have that kind of go along with this? I would like some helpful advice so I can better handle attacks from people in the future.

Also.. I find it so funny how everyone always says that vegans are pushy jerks.. Yeah well, ya might want to look in the mirror because right now, its the non-vegans who are bullying and being pushy jerks. 

Views: 757

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I agree but in my experience the best way to lead is by example, just do it, be healthy and happy and for those who actively try to bring you down, deal with them as you need to in the most compassionate way possible, also being compassionate to yourself.

My rules for dealing with this.

1) Do not tell anyone you are a vegan until you are 100% transitioned, for good, and are well versed in all the science and ethical points and are good at explaining it nonconfrontationally.  This could take a year, to a couple of years.

2) If people ask you about the food you are eating the cookie cutter answer is A) I'm trying to eat healthier and B) Meat does not agree with me.

Most vegans come to it incrementally so don't be surprised if that is how other people will do it also.  Veganism is such a loaded term it seems like it does more harm than good, because they argue with the baggage rather than the underlying message.

Veganism, and self nourishment are two issues at the very core and cornerstone of humanities amnesia and sickness. Once you turn the light on those who still live in the dark will complain that their eyes are hurting. Some will even feel deeply threatened because their entire persona is built on evil and lies and sickness and death, murder, theft, rape, torture, and the most ultimate forms of sadism possible, even if at a conscious level they don't know it and don't mean to. Some people are for one reason or another deeply invested in it, not just victims to it (butchers, animal farmers, nutritionists, etc), and as Morpheus says in the Matrix they will "fight to defend the very system that was built to imprison them".

Any person still hardwired to the Matrix can be an agent of the system!

Unplug, Vegan Up, Carb up, Hydrate Up, Water Up, Get Love and Positivity in your Heart, Embrace Liberty and Freedom, Live Each Day to the Max and for those people who are going to be agents in the system ignore them, let them go, let them find their own way. The best way to beat the sickness is not to fight it but to let it fight itself while you get busy building the new reality you want to make.

Great post Mike! :D

Agreed!

An insightful and lovely response :D

I am newly vegan and I have these same issues all of the time.  My own mom makes snide comments while I am making my vegan dinner for myself.  All I can tell you is to answer their questions as best as you can, and if they are still being mean, just ignore them or be as kind as you possibly can be to them so that they might realize that vegans are not all that bad.

You are all so helpful and give such wonderful advice! I really don't feel so alone now that I have gained such helpful insight! Thanks guys

RSS

About

TheBananaGirl created this Ning Network.

30BaD Search

Latest Activity

Frugisaurus replied to Frugisaurus's discussion Digestion on High Raw VS RT4/Starch based
Wednesday
Frugisaurus's photo was featured
Tuesday
ednshell commented on ednshell's video
Tuesday
ednshell posted a video

Why Smoothies are the Solution to Nourishment

From a live phone wellness consultation. I was coaching my client on how to get his greens and omega-3s in (flax oil because of sensitivity to seeds). While ...
Tuesday
ednshell replied to Frugisaurus's discussion Digestion on High Raw VS RT4/Starch based
Tuesday
ednshell replied to Frugisaurus's discussion Digestion on High Raw VS RT4/Starch based
Tuesday
OrganicMark posted a status
""I See No Future Here": Migration To Taiwan Surges 28% As Hong Kong Residents Flee #peace #truth #love #light #now http://j.mp/31RVJTO"
Tuesday
Blue Coutell is now a member of 30 Bananas a Day!
Tuesday
"Chinese Social Credit Score Prevents 2.5 Million "Discredited Entities" From Buying Plane Tickets #peace #truth #light http://j.mp/30tZWNf"
Tuesday
pradtf replied to pradtf's discussion great site with nutritional research information
Sunday
"12 Reasons Why Negative Rates Will Devastate The World #evolution #awakening #peace #truth #love #light #now http://j.mp/31FPK4a"
Aug 18
"Recession Countdown Begins: Treasury 2s10s Yield Curve Inverts For 1st Time In 12 Yrs; 30Y Yield Drops To All Time Low http://j.mp/2Z56cte"
Aug 17
Frugisaurus posted a discussion
Aug 12
Frugisaurus and Cyril are now friends
Aug 12
pradtf replied to pradtf's discussion great site with nutritional research information
Aug 12
"It’s Time To Expose These False Flags - Episode 1937c #evolution #awakening #peace #truth #love #light #now http://j.mp/2YBDept"
Aug 8

© 2019   Created by TheBananaGirl.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service