30 Bananas a Day!

Hey everyone :]

I just wanted an opinion on something by someone in the vegan community. I'm studying at a college currently and the cafeteria here is supposed to feed me. More than once have they run out of food for me. I'm not allowed to take fruitout either. The manager says there's nothing he can do regardless of the fact that I called him before this semester started and he said he could supply food for me (as much as 10 bananas or 5 cantaloupes  a meal). I also don't have a car and I don't want to waste extra money by getting food elsewhere. I eat canned beans and veggies and peanuts and almonds when I get super hungry and they usually fill me up. I eat like this because I don't trust any high processed foods to not be vegan. I also don't supplement myself, because my old vegan supplements weren't even vegan... I don't think I can solve this problem with the cafe right now, but I'm trying to start up cheerleading. I was wondering if anyone thinks I can do it without negatively impacting my body. I've been going to practice this week, and I've been hungry and tired all the time. I'm hungry right now even after I ate a 1000 cal breakfast 2 hours ago and I just want to sleep all the time. Practices run as late as 11 pm and I also am an engineering major and have to do a lot of school work.

Thanks everyone for your advice in advance,

Dawn

Views: 267

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

If the cafeteria is supposed to supply you with food, aren't they obligated because it is included in your payments? It seems like you need more food. If fruit isn't your first choice in availability do pick steamed vegetables and cooked grains. It is more important to feed your body then lest yourself starve just because you want to follow the diet. It will happen with time. 

Ya, I try to get more food from the cafe, but they run out. I do eat cooked veggies (well cold peas and corn at the salad bar). I'm not following the diet to lose weight or follow the lifestyle, I'm doing it for ethical reasons. I don't want to eat anything highly processed because I don't trust that animals weren't involved in it. Sugar isn't always vegan and there are usually so many ingredients in foods that I can't really know where they come from. 

Thank you for your advice though, I might talk to them again about it. 

I would recommend just sticking with as much high carb vegan foods as you can get (raw or not), and personally I would drop cheerleading for sleep. If you are already tired and have little food, imagine what that is going to turn into in 1-2 months where you use more neurological energy for cheerleading and then have a need for more calories, and you get neither more sleep nor more food! I have just begun to value sleep myself and it really is essential, so I believe you will do yourself more harm than good by not focusing on it. Hope this helps.

thanks :] I did drop cheering, it was getting too much for me being tired all the time. I love sleep too much.

Can you talk to the cafeteria manager's boss and see if that person can make the manager stock enough food for you? It would cost them so little to order an extra box or two of bananas every week. White rice shouldn't be hard for them to provide. If it were me, I'd complain up the chain of command until I got a solution. Meanwhile, you can just feed yourself like you've been doing, but plan better and keep high-calorie staples like rice and bananas on hand. Either way, you need to stop undereating ASAP.

I'm on spring break now, but if he keeps not providing for me, I'll try to talk to his boss. I have sooo much fruit for this week, I'm so excited to eat! As for rice, they do have rice at the cafe, but it has preservatives in them and I'm trying to steer clear of those. They do have quinoa which I eat now though :] thank you for your encouragement, I'll try to eat more and carb up.

In the morning you could try to eat food that is higher in protein low fat and contain slow release carbs, you

want a steady flow of sugar into your blood.

Too much blood sugar mimics the fight or flight situation, you will produce cortisol and feel sleepy.

Peanut are roasted and not optimal it contain mycotoxins and rancid fat.

RSS

About

TheBananaGirl created this Ning Network.

30BaD Search

Latest Activity

Stephen posted photos
Tuesday
ednshell replied to Silvery's discussion What are some vitamins you recommend?
Saturday
Profile IconStephen and Carolin joined 30 Bananas a Day!
Saturday
ednshell replied to ednshell's discussion Top German Scientist questions COVID19 response in open letter to Merkel
Saturday
ednshell posted a discussion
Saturday
OrganicMark posted a status
"DUD PARTS Coronavirus testing delayed after kits found to be contaminated by Covid-19 #NoVaccine #organic #fruits https://j.mp/3aDW0ye"
Apr 2
Samantha Marie Alvarez left a comment for Scooby the Cantaloupe Kid
Apr 1
Samantha Marie Alvarez and Scooby the Cantaloupe Kid are now friends
Apr 1
Meurig Rowlands is now a member of 30 Bananas a Day!
Apr 1
Samantha Marie Alvarez posted a discussion
Apr 1
Mika M is now a member of 30 Bananas a Day!
Mar 30
"Bahrain, Belgium Report COVID-19 Treatment Touted By Trump Working For Patients #organic #fruits #vegetables #health https://j.mp/39p6zno"
Mar 27
Cassie K and DreamsofFreedom are now friends
Mar 27
Cassie K added a discussion to the group Gardening for food and fun.
Mar 27
Sarah Troyer and Kevin are now friends
Mar 20
"Visualizing The History Of Pandemics... By Death Toll #NoVaccine #organic #fruits #vegetables #health #longevity http://j.mp/2x0ghPI"
Mar 18

© 2020   Created by TheBananaGirl.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service