30 Bananas a Day!

Howdy y'all,

My name is Harrison and I'm from south, SOUTH, Texas. I literally live on the Texas/Mexican border.  Recently found out I have high blood pressure, gout, high cholesterol, asthma. All of this if from following a SAD diet. I'd say lack of exercise but I use to powerlift, so, let's go with lack of cardio.  My body is finally pissed off from the years of steroids and other drugs.  Looking for a healthy change I found Durianrider's video and Freelee's.  Besides literally laughing my ass off, I have none now, I loved the information within them. I recently bought Go Fruit Yourself, 80/10/10, Simply Raw Recipes, 101 Raw Recipes, and donated for the 30 day challenge workbook. I was extremely motivated and headed down to my local grocerie store. The closest food wholesaler is 1hour away. (yes, of course I will make the trip) Anyways, the bananas are all green as well as the mangos.  So, I have a few questions for y'all if you don't mind.

1. Should I buy 1 week at a time and wait for it to rippen?

Today I ate:

Breakfast: 1 honey dew melon + 1 liter of water

Lunch: 25 dates Daterade

Dinner: 3 mangos

Snack: oranges + 3 cup of Spinash smoothie

I AM STARVING!!!

Oh yes a little about me:

Weight: 247lbs

Work: I work in a prison and I work nights.

I hit my Calories and Carbs on Crono-meter not nearly close to the protein.

I haven't read all the books yet of course. I am reading through the 80/10/10 right now and glanced over the Go Fruit Yourself since everything refers to the 80/10/10.

Any advice is welcome.  For the exercise I plan to do Yoga for Regular Guys and a walk to run program as I can't currently run without my man boobs giving me black eyes.

Have a great day,

Harrison

Views: 612

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

One of my big problems is dinner. Everyone keeps saying I'm not eating enough. So today:

Breakfast: 1 honey dew melon

Lunch: Half a watermelon

Dinner: 8 bananas

Snack: 1/2 gallon of orange juice.

Finally! With all the water and Mellon I felt super energetic and HYDRATED!!! Especially by drinking the freshly squeezed orange juice.  I feel full. I know I need to eat more still but hey this is a step.  Tomorrow hopefully throw in some lettuce and kale too for dinner. I bought a Joyce Chen Spiral Slicer from The Raw Advantage so I'm eager to try that baby out tomorrow too on some Zuccini!!

Okay today I ate as follows:
breakfast: 10 bananas

lunch: 8 bananas

dinner: 10 dates

Snack: 2 glasses of orange juice. 1 apple. 1 whole orange.

I have found that a) I freaking love dates and b) when ever I get cravings I drink orange juice at the end of the day and that quenches my cravings. 

Also, we don't have a place that sells organic dates. All of the dates are bathed in some sort of syrup. I love fresh dates!!! I have to order them from medjooldates.com. Not sure if they're exactly fresh but man do they taste so much better.

Don't worry if you fall off the wagon  -just try to keep the fat & salt low if you do slip up & plant based - this way of eating takes alot of practice.   Also rest/sleep as much as you desire - this is when the body can repair/heal at its fastest.

Been doing great when it comes to breakfast and lunch.

I seem to ALWAYS fall off the horse at dinner.

Today I'm going to go and STOCK UP on TONS of fruit.

I use to make my meals in advance when I powerlifted. I'm assuming I need to do this again.
I'm GOING to get this DOWN no matter what.

Holy Snikes!   I woke up today to an email box full of some haterade.  I don't know who all these anti-30 day banana people are or even worse how the got my email but sheesh.

Anyways, woke up and drank 1 liter of water.........FELT GREAT
Did some light dumbell workout to get the blood flowing.........Felt Great

Ate a 8 banana 4 dates Smoothie..........................TASTED GREAT

Going to walk the dog, get in a run and some yoga.
I'll post more of wha I eat later here in my blog. 

No more hating..........geeze there's more to life than that.

I fell off the horse again :'-( 

Breakfast: 8 bananas and 4 dates smoothie

Lunch: squash pasta with oranges, cherry tomatoes, basil, kiwis

Dinner: 8 bananas and 4 dates.

I know I have to eat more food but after 8 bananas I'm stuffed.

Damn it!!! Not gonna quit though. I'll figure it out and get this.

Hello Harrison, and welcome to the forums. I'm one and a half days raw, so new just like you.

I find something that helps; make affirmations to yourself. A mirror helps immensely in doing this. Something that I notice in myself, and in others that do 80/10/10 is the widening/opening of the eyes. Now every time I catch myself in the mirror I notice my eyes, and am reminded that only a fruitarian/raw vegan has those eyes. By extension, I can convince myself to almost beyond a doubt, that I am already different, and that the only food I eat is fruit and greens.

Good luck, and look forward to seeing you on the other side!

Positive side: Bought a lot more fruit and one of those tools to make spaghetti from veggies.

Negative side: Ever since I joined this website I've been getting negative emails about this website. IDK who they are from.  I find the whole thing very odd.

I've noticed I've gained a little weight but I take that as me not staying 100% on the diet and my sleep is off. I"m exercising but I could probably step it up some too.  EIther way great day.

Okay a lot of people told me to get on Cronometer to see what my calories need to be and how much food I need to eat. For the 3000kcals recommended for a guy I got:

Bananas, raw 8 large (8" to 8-7/8" long) 968.3
Melons, honeydew, raw 1 melon (6" - 7" dia) 460.8
Dates, medjool 15 date, pitted 997.2
Blueberries, frozen, unsweetened 3 cup, unthawed 237.2
Oranges, raw, navels 4 fruit (2-7/8" dia)

Just finished reading Raw Food: Weightloss & Vitality by Andrew Perlot

AWESOME READ!!!! Oh man this book is a great beginner book.  Loved reading it. Totally going to read it again. Answered SO MANY questions.

Well done!!!!

You are doing great!

So, I've found that shakes is helping me a lot. That and zuccini or squash spaghetti and salad at the end of the day.

As far as exercise, Yoga is fun!!!!

Other than that, just learning and having fun.

RSS

About

TheBananaGirl created this Ning Network.

30BaD Search

Latest Activity

Aysel is now friends with Houdini Steve Owens and Sugalena
1 hour ago
OrganicMark posted a status
"Why the 2008 Housing Crisis Recovery Is Just an Illusion (w/ Keith Jurow) #evolution #awakening #peace #truth #light http://j.mp/2ODSZ93"
19 hours ago
"Not Transitory - Fed Liquidity Handout Surges To Near $90 Billion #evolution #awakening #peace #truth #love #light http://j.mp/35F4Sl5"
20 hours ago
Frugisaurus and Alex Curtis-Slep are now friends
yesterday
Michael Lanfield posted a video

Return to the Gentle Sea by Michael Lanfield with Music by Dr. Will Tuttle, PhD (Full Audiobook)

Return to the Gentle Sea: For the Love That Lives in Everyone is a book on spiritual healing and cultural transformation on the human relationship to nonhuman animals. It explains how living in a herding culture, eating animals and their secretions,…
Sunday
Michael Lanfield commented on ednshell's video
Sunday
Michael Lanfield and Olga are now friends
Sunday
Raw Aussie Athlete and Lil Green Coconut are now friends
Sunday
ednshell replied to Tams's discussion Best vegan retreats ?
Saturday
ednshell posted a video

Take Back Your Power 2017 (Official) - smart meter documentary

This award-winning film documents the real story on smart meters. + Subscribe for free EMF guide & help stop 'smart' meters and 5G: https://TakeBackYourPower...
Saturday
ednshell posted a discussion
Saturday
Profile Iconmichael wilson, Savannah Holte, tori jacobs and 2 more joined 30 Bananas a Day!
Saturday
"QE4 "Not A QE" Begins: Fed Starts Buying $60BN In Bills Per Month Beginning Next Week #awakening #peace #truth #light http://j.mp/2M9cmoQ"
Friday
Rock and Tams are now friends
Friday
Tams posted a discussion
Friday
"Powell says the Fed will start expanding its balance sheet ‘soon’ in response to funding issues #peace #truth #light http://j.mp/30Zc8ol"
Thursday

© 2019   Created by TheBananaGirl.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service