30 Bananas a Day!

So I'm going to a event in December (non-vegan and lionism is rampant) and a panel I will be attending is about Fitness and Health 101

Panel description:

"Have you ever looked around in magazines and movies and wondered how they get to look the way they do? Are you interested in making your body healthier and achieving the aesthetic goals you'd like? Come one, come all and let’s get that tail moving!! We will be covering a variety of topics such as nutrition, exercise, and potential tools to help you achieve a healthier lifestyle. Some specific points include how focused nutrition can help achieve desired builds and what various exercise techniques are intended to do for you. We'll wrap up with a QA session to remedy your curiosity"

Now that I have gotten back on the Raw wagon I want to talk to more people about it and being vegan in general. But the crowd that this event attracts isn't the easiest to talk to about such things due to most of the community being based in drama, the interent, etc. I want to find a positve way to bring out the message to a community I've been a part of since I was 16.

Views: 171

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

You can only have a "discussion" if people are open to it. The best way to get people interested, is to be an example of health. Show results. Then tell them how being vegan contributed to those results. 

" I won the crossfit title thanks to veganism. I run ironmans thanks to veganism. my marathon time is good because of veganism. I have a hot girlfriend because of veganism. I have more energy to run my business thanks to veganism."

People only care about the benefits they will receive from this lifestyle...most people don't care about animal welfare, and at the start, no one cares about some research you found online. PEOPLE JUST WANT TO HEAR ABOUT BENEFITS THAT MATTER TO THEM. 

Hope that helps.

"I have a hot girlfriend because of veganism." LOL

funny, but smart comment. It's true, one of the best ways to get people interested in what your offering is to show results.

It's a real comment I tell people in real life when they ask me "Dude your girlfriend is HOT, how did you meet her?"

Some others I tell people...

"I make more money at my job because being vegan helps me focus"

"Women are very attracted to vegan men"

"Vegan helps your sex drive"

"Vegan gives me 10X the energy I used to have"

"Vegan is why I'm SO HUGE"

"Vegan is why Im so much FASTER/STRONGER/HAPPIER/MORE ENERGETIC than you are!"

I never bring up veganism to anyone...but when people see me riding my bike all over the place and running all over the city, working RIDICULOUS hours, smiling ALL the Time, they CONSTANTLY ask me "How do you do it?" And I tell them, "Dude, anyone can do it, just go vegan. That simple."

You have to meet people on their level. The fact that I became a vegan because as a child I disliked the ideas of animals suffering is totally irrelevant to people.

Are you on the panel?

If so, you could try to educate people about: 

http://rawveganpath.com/

This 64 year old raw vegan couple ran a marathon a day for an entire year.

If you are teacher, then you need to be able to tell them real life examples with pictures of people's whose lives youve transformed.

What exactly are you trying to do? How much time do you have to speak? etc

If you're only attending and not on the panel...what exactly are you expecting?

I'm attending, but the discussions is where I want to excel at spreading the good word. I will display my own results by bringing in my old 46" and 51" (I'm a 38") waist pants and a 4X shirt that used to fit tight on me. I know that most people only want things that revolve around them so I'll be keeping AR talk on silent, but I'll hint at it. I also snowboard a lot and compete so I'd like to use that and all the adventures which happened after making the jump.

hahaha! Awesome! How many people are in your discussion? 

If its a round robin thing, where people each get a chance to talk for 2 minutes...just tell your story and show your pants :)

You should give your own talk at some point, or hand out cards to your blog/website....not everyone is open to make changes in your life, so the more people you expose yourself to, the better.

I thought about buying some cheap business cards with my social networking, right now I see 5 attending, but that will not list random or private attendees.

So you want a good question to ask the panel?  And a good way to introduce yourself and your diet in break out sessions/group discussion after?

A bit of both, but note that this event will be bringing 3000+ people and lets just say it's not the best community to be outed as a vegan.

"Outed as a vegan"...what are you talkingg about? Just tell people you're a vegan if they are interested...some people will be, a lot of people won't care. What is your role in this community that you are so concerned with what other people think? Is your job selling them products or something? What's the conflict...?

I call it mild paranoia, but who knows. Now a clothing company I rep in that community is what I'm worried about. They aren't anti vegan, but why take such a risk?

RSS

About

TheBananaGirl created this Ning Network.

30BaD Search

Latest Activity

Cassie K added a discussion to the group Self Sufficiency using Permaculture
yesterday
Cassie K commented on Jay Don't Cook's group Self Sufficiency using Permaculture
yesterday
Cassie K commented on Jay Don't Cook's group Self Sufficiency using Permaculture
yesterday
Laura Kuchy commented on Tiff Hawkins's blog post Too Exciting
Friday
Profile IconLaura Kuchy and Peter H joined 30 Bananas a Day!
Wednesday
Raw Mormon Mommy posted a status
"How do I edit my profile?"
Tuesday
OrganicMark posted a status
"OBAMAGATE 1: CRIME OF THE CENTURY #evolution #awakening #peace #truth #love #light https://j.mp/2WVPNbe"
May 19
Profile IconSuzanne, SunBeaming, Rhonda Miga and 1 more joined 30 Bananas a Day!
May 17
"PlanDemic - Banned Documentary #evolution #awakening #peace #truth #love #light https://bit.ly/2xJvrK0"
May 15
"What They Don’t Want You To Know About Covid-19. Dropping Bombs (Ep 264) Dr. Rashid Buttar #peace #truth #love #light https://j.mp/2T4hGwE"
May 15
"COVID-19 documentary by Janet Ossebaard | Part 4 #evolution #awakening #peace #truth #love #light https://j.mp/35Q1zYN"
May 12
"COVID-19 documentary by Janet Ossebaard | Part 1-3 #evolution #awakening #peace #truth #love #light https://j.mp/2WJLXlv"
May 12
Lazy food left a comment for Valisa Monyei
May 6
Lazy food left a comment for Joe Heinrich
May 6
Lazy food posted a status
"I’m either fruiting or fasting. Currently Fasting!"
May 6
Valentin Otto and Shvara are now friends
May 5

© 2020   Created by TheBananaGirl.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service