30 Bananas a Day!

how do y'all do it? every time i do the chefs at my sorority house freak out cause they think the  blender is breaking even though it never does, so how does everyone else do it? also does anyone use cocoa powder ? not cacao, i don't like how that tastes but i do love cocoa powder with my banana smoothies okay, thanks y'all ! 

Views: 289

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I think the most important step is getting the blender started. I add a ripe unfrozen banana to bit size frozen banana pieces. This gets the blender going and places less stress on the blender. I don't use cacao. Usually I add some berries or other pieces of fruit that are suitable such as peach, papaya, mango - these don't have to be frozen.

I slice up the bananas into little round pieces about ½ an inch thick, and then I put them in a plastic container to freeze.  That way they blend so much easier than if you blended a whole frozen banana.  Also more banana fits into the container that way.

i know i have to thaw mine a bit before i blend them :/

if already cut open, I reheat it very slightly in a pot, if in their peel then I put them in warm water then smash it like potatoes but could easily go in a blender. I absolutely ate banana smoothies, I much prefer them smashed, taste better to me. Only time I'll blend them is when I had a very bad canker sore and had to do smoothies with a straw because it would hurt so bad.

I do like another user said and cut up the banana and store it in a container in the freezer. It cane be difficult to get the banana pieces apart once frozen, though. Usually I take the container out of the freezer and let it sit for 10-15 minutes to thaw a bit. And start getting pieces out from the edges in, since it thaws that way.

I also add water to the blender. Don't know if that's obvious or not, but it makes the blending a lot easier and I am trying to drink a smoothie anyway, not banana ice cream :) I need it a bit runny.

If you're using a high-powered blender like a Vitamix/BlendTec/OmniBlend, it's going to be loud but it can take it. I freeze the bananas into 1" chunks, take what I need and let them sit for 5 minutes for ice cream, 10 minutes for a smoothie.  I don't add water to ice cream and use frozen fruit to flavour it.

If you're using a regular kitchen blender, you may kill it eventually.  Buy your own blender or use a food processor if you have to share appliances.

your call on the cocoa, but it is still a derivative of cacao, just likely even more processed. Good advice above on letting the nans soften a smidge. You can accelerate the process by soaking briefly in a bowl of water.  Or use a bit of fresh juicy fruit for flavoring at the bottom of the blender just to keep things lubricated as you blend the harder nans.  Do use a powerful blender to avoid burnout, and be careful with how much force you use if using a manufacturer's tamper stick (only safe in a VM).  I've slightly bent a blade by being a bit over-zealous tamping some I scream before.  

RSS

About

TheBananaGirl created this Ning Network.

30BaD Search

Latest Activity

Paul Rodgers replied to RawVeganGamer's discussion Taking good care of your teeth with fluoride.
50 minutes ago
Paul Rodgers replied to Silvery's discussion Is it safe to eat the water that you use to boil brocolli and cabbage?
1 hour ago
YellowEmperor and Courtney Beth are now friends
yesterday
pradtf replied to pradtf's discussion great site with nutritional research information
yesterday
Melissa Grace replied to Melissa Grace's discussion Vegan and Raw Vegan Eco-village(s) “Total Union”
Thursday
Paul Rodgers posted a video

Megan Elizabeth and drewmorg - vegan traitors trash high-raw-vegans

drewmorg has recently interviewed Megan Elizabeth. There was talk of Megan's diet which now includes meat, and more,
Thursday
Erick Goodman is now a member of 30 Bananas a Day!
Thursday
Melissa Grace posted a discussion
Wednesday
pradtf replied to pradtf's discussion great site with nutritional research information
Jun 10
Jun 6
Ronnie Smith posted a blog post
Jun 4
OrganicMark posted a status
"What The Secret Space Force Really Looks Like May Surprise You! 2019-2020 #awakening #peace #truth #love #light #now http://bit.ly/2XovQZF"
Jun 4
ednshell replied to Silvery's discussion Is it safe to eat the water that you use to boil brocolli and cabbage?
Jun 3
OrganicMark posted a status
"INSIDERS & EXPERTS: AG BARR IS ABOUT TO DECLASSIFY DOCS THAT IMPLICATE BARRY IN THE SPYING OF TRUMP. #truth #now http://bit.ly/2wyUDyE"
Jun 2
Silvery posted a discussion
Jun 1
Silvery and Windlord are now friends
Jun 1

© 2019   Created by TheBananaGirl.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service