30 Bananas a Day!

How on Earth do you get Jakfruit off your hands?!?!

I tried jakfruit for the first time yesterday because my amazing mum brought it home for me.
I was so hungry when i got home so i just dug into it (mum told me it was a messy fruit and i hate cleaning up) then when it came to cleaning up i went and washed my hands but the sticky stuff would not come off. So i got the dishwashing detergent out and washed my hands thoroughly 5 times and it still wouldnt come off. So i went down to the laundry and sat there scrubbing my hands with nappysan trying to get this off BUT IT STILL WOULDNT COME OFF!!!!!! so i was there with sticky stuff on my lips and all over my hands and it was driving me insane.

I really enjoyed the jakfruit but this sticky business is really putting me off it. There must be a way you can get it off your hands properly and straight away....anyone?????

Views: 49

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

any kind of oil will dissolve the latex
today I foraged about 100 pounds of them good crunchy kind
also some ppl put a little olive oil on their hands before eating but you may just end up eating some olive oil with it which isn't the best.
haha thanks guys...i was getting so so annoyed with it. Everytime i closed my mouth my lips would stick together and i couldnt touch anything but next time i will definately get the oil out
ohh how funny hehe, well i have a second one there so i will allow that to ripen for longer and see how i go with that. How do you know if they are ripe enough because the one i ate the other day was quite soft so i thought it would be really ripe. So does that mean when they are ripe they are easier to pull apart because this one was quite hard.
It should be really spongy, a bit of browning is ok too but most importantly it must have a strong sweet odour. I get some from tropical fruit world and they can be very latexy but still taste amazing. If you leave some too long they ferment and taste awful so it can be a fine line and depend on how well the jak is grown. The trick is to not cut through the core because this is where most of the latex is. Also a lot of the time you should be able to put your fingers into the jakfruit and open with your hands with minimal if any latex
lol sounds like an art to eating jakfruit. Might have to hack into my second one soon then and just get the oil out incase. It tastes very sweet like bubblegum
no no not hacking!! Get your fingers in there :-) Be a little primitive
hahaha i will try
yes, no water doesnt work at all, it actually makes it worse.

Im going to give it another go soon

RSS

About

TheBananaGirl created this Ning Network.

30BaD Search

Latest Activity

Calico Pete is now a member of 30 Bananas a Day!
22 hours ago
ednshell posted a video

Are Vacuum Blenders Worth It?! With John Kohler

Diving deep into the subject of Vacuum Blenders with the man the myth the legend John Kohler. We go into what are vacuum blenders, what are the advantages an...
yesterday
OrganicMark posted a status
"Did Google Assassinate Wife Of Whistleblower Who Exposed The Search Engine? #awakening #peace #truth #love #light http://j.mp/2TIghNE"
yesterday
"The Fed Is Stuck In QE Hell #evolution #awakening #peace #truth #love #light http://j.mp/30MnEoQ"
Tuesday
Alex Curtis-Slep's photo was featured
Jan 18
Profile IconRonald Gordon, Kelli Hayes, Neda and 2 more joined 30 Bananas a Day!
Jan 18
Michael Lanfield posted a video
Jan 18
"Weekend $500B Bank Bailout Needed for Jamie Dimon's Bonus! (Bix Weir) #evolution #awakening #peace #truth #love #light http://j.mp/2NAhwdZ"
Jan 18
Michael Lanfield posted a discussion
Jan 17
Michael Lanfield posted a status
"Wanna visit Costa Rica? Vegans get 20% off accommodations. https://peaceful-village.com/join/renting/"
Jan 17
Michael Lanfield and Mindaugas BananaHoover are now friends
Jan 16
Houdini Steve Owens left a comment for Laura Maslen
Jan 10
Houdini Steve Owens left a comment for Laura Maslen
Jan 10
Houdini Steve Owens commented on Jasmin's group European Fruit Eaters
Jan 10
Houdini Steve Owens replied to anna's discussion fruitarians in spain / canary islands in the group European Fruit Eaters
Jan 10

© 2020   Created by TheBananaGirl.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service