30 Bananas a Day!

How far are you willing to go in your choice of partner?

Could you see yourself with (or are you with):

A raw gourmet superfoodist?
A raw non-vegan?
A cooked vegan?
A vegetarian?
An organic meat-eater?
A SADist?
A smoker?
A recreational drug taker?
A drinker?

Do you have a limit to what you think would work for you?
To what extent do discordant food and lifestyle choices affect relationships? Any experiences you are willing to share?

Views: 326

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I have been with the same guy since I was 16. I was vegetarian when we met, but he never was.

When we moved in together we came to an understanding that there would be no meat in the house, but he would eat it at restaurants occasionally.

Later, I became vegan and so we didn't have any animal products in the house, but he would still get pizza out, and occasionally eat meat.

Then, our dog died. Something clicked after that and he hasn't touched meat since. He eats cheese a few times a year maybe.

When I started 811, he panicked a bit, but he is really loving it now. We both ate pizza and cupcakes (vegan of course) for his birthday on Tuesday and he couldn't wait to go back to fruit the next day.

We have both been everything on that list at some point, but we have arrived here together because we both have open minds, love animals, and care about our health.

We also are both trying to quit smoking :)
Love is love. You can do your best to attract those qualities in a partner that you ideally wish to recieve, but when the universe decides that your mate is a SAD eating, rum-drinking, meat-head, all you can do is take it one day at a time, and more often than not, you end up sharing more, and rubbing off more on each other than you ever thought.

Not that I am insinuating that your carnivorous partners tendencies will end up rubbing off on yourself... quite the opposite really. If two people are right for each other, it is positive traits that tend to reinforce their bonds, so, you may come to find that your partner is slowly but surely morphing into the veg-head that you always knew they could be. ;)
wow what a difficult question! I would hope that I could set a great example and whatever he is, my example would make him want to change his ways. The only one that maybe I see being difficult is the raw gourmet superfoodist. They would obviously have a lot of knowledge when it comes to health (same with the vegan), but I think they would most likely be set on what they follow and not really want to change. Does that make any sense? I could be wrong though! Some people just could care less what they put in there mouths. If I had to choose though.... man that is hard! Probably the raw gourmet and vegan. For sure not the SADist though.
A raw gourmet superfoodist?
A raw non-vegan?
A cooked vegan?
A vegetarian?
An organic meat-eater?
A SADist?
A smoker?
A recreational drug taker?
A drinker?

Yes, to all.
Though I would prefer that they be at least vegan, I have dated people who were smoking meat eaters, and are now vegan because of me. I never preach, instead I just live. I cannot help who I am attracted to, it is great if other people have control over those things. I am rarely ever very attracted to anyone, so if the energy is there, it is hard to deny even if they eat smoke and eat meat. This usually doesn't happen. I am usually attracted to vegetarian without even knowing they are vegetarian :)

I would love to find someone raw! But, there are not so many of us really.. it is a little more difficult.
Since I'm currently single and do have a choice....

Anyone who eats mostly real food is fine with me.

Someone with at least an interest in healthy food/living is fine. They can be taught the problems with conventional wisdom and grains.

Smoker = No thanks
Drugs other than MJ 1-2 year = No Thanks
Anyone who drinks more than 1-2 year= No Thanks
It has already been said in this forum, but I set the same standards for a partner as I set for myself
My partner is a low fat vegan and he is slowly incorporating more raw foods into his diet. When we originally met, he was a SAD eater, knowing nothing of a vegan lifestyle. Throughout our relationship he has changed his eating habits as he learned more information about animal issues. I never once preached to him (It was quite difficult as i'm an avid and controversial activist) and I answered questions as he asked. We have been together for almost two years, and he has come to evolve into an amazingly compassionate individual. Ryan is proof that simply because one started out eating a certain way, it does not mean that person is incapable of change.

I believe that we can all have positive impacts on SAD eaters. Through our passionate and positive living we can inspire others to become more compassionate towards animals and themselves.
I think an important thing to remember is that (almost) none of us were born lfrv, rather it's been a long journey. If someone had denied my love when I was an uneducated SADist because of my dietary habits (not necessarily choices) then I may not have been able to evolve into the 811er I am today. I really am grateful for all the influences in my life that have turned me on to veganism, then fruitarianism
Yes!
total gratitude for me too!

But a vegan partner is what I see for my self.
As I want to raise my kids vegan.
Most importantly though a concious, free and loving being.
I agree completely!
Tarah, that's just how it was with Dave. I just answered questions and kept making good food. I knew he would come around eventually because he is a good guy. If he had been unwilling to respect my request to not have meat in the house way back when we started living together, I think it would have been a problem. But the kitchen has always been my domain and he knows it :)

RSS

About

TheBananaGirl created this Ning Network.

30BaD Search

Latest Activity

HINA and Kimberly are now friends
2 hours ago
Paul Wieringa replied to Koby Alexander Byerly's discussion Worried about my cadence.
yesterday
Paul Wieringa replied to Francisca's discussion Should I Eat before or after riding?!?
yesterday
Paul Wieringa replied to Koby Alexander Byerly's discussion First Crash! Advice on keeping it together during recovery.
yesterday
Paul Wieringa posted a discussion
yesterday
OrganicMark posted a status
"US Existing Home Sales Slump For 13th Straight Month #evolution #awakening #peace #truth #love #light #now http://bit.ly/2UPQZyH"
Monday
Stephen James's photo was featured
Monday
Profile Iconnarinder singh, Steve99 and Akira joined 30 Bananas a Day!
Monday
Windlord's 2 photos were featured
Sunday
pradtf replied to pradtf's discussion great site with nutritional research information
Sunday
ednshell commented on Ben Trovato's video
Sunday
Rock commented on Jacob Hafer's blog post ATTENTION: Potential Partner Fruitarian Females Please See
Saturday
Rock replied to Reese's discussion Can you still have detox symptoms eating 50% raw and 50% sad
Saturday
Rock replied to RawVeganGamer's discussion The Gender Knot, veganism, and liberalism.
Saturday
Rock replied to RawVeganGamer's discussion Acupuncture and chiropractic on animals is pseudo-science animal cruelty.
Saturday
Rock replied to Silvery's discussion What are good techniques in not letting the bananas over ripe?
Saturday

© 2019   Created by TheBananaGirl.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service