30 Bananas a Day!

Hi raw fooders,

Need your inputs to help me to stay on 811 while I am in the wild. I have been mostly raw about half a year now and I have no problem to follow 811 diet while I have access to farmers markets and grocery stories.

Since I have experienced amazing body and mind changed, I have a lot of energy to do my favorite outdoor activities; backpacking and rock climbing. The challenge is it is pretty hard to stay 811 while I am on a 3-day+ backpacking trip.

I have a dehydrator and I always bring Kale chips with me while I am on a trip. But when I tried to dehydrate some whole fruits such as bananas and tomatoes, they take a lot of time to be dry and ready, in addition it's a lot of energy wasted. I recently discovered there is a Sunflower grocery store in my area where they have dry fruits but there are always something added.

I also read Markus' Free Food and Medicine and it's definitely helpful, but before I really the wild plants out there, I don't have the confident to practice "free wild food". Sad, we don't teach this at school...

Anyway, how do you guys stay 811 while you are out of your comfort zone? Comments, thoughts, much appreciated. 

Views: 271

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Thanks for the tips. I actually haven't try dates and figs yet; I don't find them in our local farmers markets. But, guess what I have a small fig tree in my backyard and so far I can only see one fig on the tree... I guess I need to wait about 5-10 years. I also have a palm tree as well and those dates never ripe and always eaten by some other animals ha. I think I will try some banana chips and see how it goes since it's quick calorie dense in monosaccharides.

Depends where you are going Assis?

Can you send dates on ahead?

Do you know anyone in any of the places you are going? You could ask them to get fruit in ripe for you. 

If you are going somewhere warm, it should be fairly easy to get your hands on ripe fruit. 

Where I am going are just rocks in the woods or in the desert, if i am lucky I can have a river. I pretty much don't see a lot of human population around the area where I am going tho.

Dates. Order a 10 lb box and you're good to go. I was on a houseboat camping trip for a week and more or less survived on dates. There's a handful of online stores that sell bulk organic dates.

10 lbs of date for a week!!!? great deal!! Will definitely try that.

It was actually more like 16 lbs.. along with a bunch of melons. But most online stores sell 11 lb boxes which would be perfect for 3-4 days. It's a little over 12,000 calories.

16 lbs of dates is a huge amount of weight to be carrying. Try TJs dried fruit. Thy have good choices like bananas, mangos and pineapple. Just read the label because some fruits have added oils and sugar. Soak the in water first. I might throw in a few apples or oranges for something fresh.

RSS

About

TheBananaGirl created this Ning Network.

30BaD Search

Latest Activity

ednshell posted a discussion
yesterday
OrganicMark posted a status
"A CLEAR AND PRESENT DANGER TO THE CONSTITUTIONAL REPUBLIC OF THE UNITED STATES OF AMERICA #peace #truth #love #light http://j.mp/2uRCmzd"
Monday
Rock posted a discussion
Monday
"Coronavirus EXPOSED By Del Bigtree - What You Are NOT Being Told! #NoVaccine #organic #fruits #vegetables #health http://j.mp/2SMEe4c"
Sunday
ednshell posted a video

Even Smart Doctors Can Say the Stupidest Things

In other words, share what you KNOW not what you THINK! I address this issue in my book Goodbye Autoimmune Disease - how all the arguments against my smoothi...
Saturday
Abbigayle is now a member of 30 Bananas a Day!
Saturday
Profile IconCharlie Bullock and gunel ismayilova joined 30 Bananas a Day!
Feb 13
Calico Pete left a comment for Angela Hogan
Feb 10
Angela Hogan left a comment for Calico Pete
Feb 10
Angela Hogan posted a status
"Eating a banana."
Feb 10
Angela Hogan left a comment for Banana Boy
Feb 10
Profile IconVIDHYAPRAKASH and Banana Boy joined 30 Bananas a Day!
Feb 9
Keshara Alleyne and Alex Curtis-Slep are now friends
Jan 29
Keshara Alleyne is now a member of 30 Bananas a Day!
Jan 25
"Giuliani: I can't sit by and watch my country be sold out by Joe Biden #evolution #awakening #peace #truth #love #light http://j.mp/36nb5l4"
Jan 25
Calico Pete is now a member of 30 Bananas a Day!
Jan 23

© 2020   Created by TheBananaGirl.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service