30 Bananas a Day!

All the recipes I own for raw food, mostly have nuts which raise the daily fat% above 20%. Well, even today...but it's just day 2 for me, I did fair. We had my birthday cake prematurely cause I'm going out of town for work for a couple of weeks and I'll be gone for my birthday. I'll be in New Jersey, 45 minutes from NYC. 

If I need to, I'll go to NYC and get some fresh fruit. I'll have my personal mini blender with me in the hotel. I really think I'll be in the middle of nowhere.

But until I go on Sunday, it bugs me cause I've not  got my fat % below 20%. I just want 6 days where my fat is 20%, and more fruit based. We're getting a hella snow, and it's on top of more snow. So I'm doing p90X off of Youtube, and I'll hit the gym when the snow stops. I wonder how this will work out of town, but I'll make it work...just like now, but it might be difficult to eat raw at dinners. But I can figure that out. 

But the nuts in the recipes, how do you get around that? I have that to deal with until I leave. What do you use instead of nuts?

Eating mostly vegan (barring the cake today), I feel really good. I will continue this. I like it. Are there recipes I can get that are good for 80-10-10, without nuts? 

Views: 412

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

get rid of the nutritional yeast...it is another form (precursor) to MSG.  TOTALLY unnecessary.  My children had reactions from it, so we stopped all forms of "natural flavorings", nutritional yeast, brewer's yeast and MSG before we even came to this lifestyle.

It sounds yummy...I guess I'm getting used to doing less cooking/preparing foods, but go for it, especially if you can do it with less nuts!

Looks like the snow is heading our way, it's been snowing all morning.

I've been watching Kristina and Megan, and I really enjoy them. When I get back in town in a couple of weeks, I'm going to get my raw skills in gear.I love messing around int he kitchen with ingredients. It's fun.

That's a great idea to use ground cauliflower (in place of nuts) for taco nut meat! My little one loves raw tacos I'm definitely trying this for him.

RSS

About

TheBananaGirl created this Ning Network.

30BaD Search

Latest Activity

Profile IconLeeanne and Eva joined 30 Bananas a Day!
4 hours ago
OrganicMark posted a status
"CNN Lays Off Staffers After Massive Ratings Drop #evolution #awakening #peace #truth #love #light #now http://bit.ly/2EsDsDd"
5 hours ago
Profile IconHeather and Ken Ebacher joined 30 Bananas a Day!
Wednesday
Eileen A. Murphy posted a status
"Just ate my first banana, today!"
Tuesday
Profile IconEileen A. Murphy and Evan Vallee joined 30 Bananas a Day!
Monday
pradtf replied to pradtf's discussion great site with nutritional research information
Monday
OrganicMark posted a status
"Housing Bubble 2.0 - Foreclosure Filings Up in 17 States - Fannie Mae Sells Off Critical Inventory #peace #truth #now http://bit.ly/2Hskhez"
May 20
Meredith is now a member of 30 Bananas a Day!
May 17
Profile IconFedor Malkin and Karmenac33 joined 30 Bananas a Day!
May 16
pradtf replied to pradtf's discussion great site with nutritional research information
May 15
Pete Braglia and ednshell are now friends
May 14
Kelly's photo was featured
May 14
Pete Braglia is now a member of 30 Bananas a Day!
May 14
ednshell posted a discussion
May 11
Windlord's photo was featured
May 11

© 2019   Created by TheBananaGirl.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service