30 Bananas a Day!

I hate to sound like a broken record, complaining and looking for help on here, but really feel helpless lately..

I have fallen into the trap of using food as comfort, to numb myself instead of feeling anything. It's been over a year since this started and I really want to get out of the habit, it's making me feel like $#!T.. Last week went really well, I ate cleanly the whole week and then had some bad news, which my over-thinking-stupidly-anxious brain then spiralled out of control, believing that everything was going to go down-hill. It's not even always something that bad, once I've thought about it, but the anxiety "disorder" doesn't help, with the thought patterns etc..

Today I have planned a bit ahead, but have actually found this to be pointless in the past as something "bad" has happened and I've screwed up big time. Obviously I really want to eat clean and do well, it's just hard to break the habit, even though it makes me feel so bad..

So far I have:

• Written a PAINS list, showing what eating badly does to me - it's a long list!!
  • Started to read a C.B.T book to help with that and other issues.
  • Started drinking more water and ensuring I drink at least 2L at work.
  • Asked my partner to help me and be blunt and strict instead of saying to "let it go" when it happens. He's really supportive and believes in this lifestyle.

That's what I have so far. Am looking for any more tips and advice anyone has as I REALLY just want this to stop. As it hasn't yet, it's made me wonder if I actually "want it enough", and I really do!! So can't understand why I can't just break the habit already..

Would really appreciate some advice and help, please!!

Thank you.

Views: 181

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

you probably need to stop thinking that other people will give you an answer that will make everything click. this stuff is seriously all just mind over matter. inner struggle and strength. 

Thank you both for your replies. I've been feeling pretty weak lately and this is helpful.

meditate. helps me so much with relieving stress. even if its sitting quietly and breathing for 5 min.  and throw out all the bad food. I go through the same cycle of eating bad feeling bad then being good again. if there is NOTHING in the house to eat thats bad then you will be fine. always carry food on you so you wont be tempted to buy something.

RSS

About

TheBananaGirl created this Ning Network.

30BaD Search

Latest Activity

pradtf replied to pradtf's discussion great site with nutritional research information
13 hours ago
pradtf left a comment for Tams
Friday
pradtf and Tams are now friends
Friday
pradtf replied to pradtf's discussion great site with nutritional research information
Friday
OrganicMark posted a status
"ECB cuts key rate, relaunches QE to shore up eurozone economy #evolution #awakening #peace #truth #love #light http://j.mp/2kymAUZ"
Friday
"Trump Says Fed Should Cut Rates "To ZERO Or Less", So US Can Refinance Debt And Lenghten Maturities #peace #truth#light http://j.mp/2kH4yzB"
Wednesday
hajapapaya replied to TINtininintin's discussion seeking hair and scalp advice in the group Raw Vegan Skincare & Beauty
Sep 8
"Housing Bubble 2.0 - Housing Market Crash on the Way: Shiller #evolution #awakening #peace #truth #love #light http://j.mp/2knZ6ln"
Sep 8
Peter Csere commented on Peter Csere's video
Sep 7
Josephine H Calvi is now friends with Randy Raw, Jojo Marion and Kevin
Sep 6
Lotus33 and Primal Rich are now friends
Sep 6
Scarlet R joined TheBananaGirl's group
Sep 6
"For Second Week In A Row, Fed Buys Treasuries (AKA, QE4!?!) #evolution #awakening #peace #truth #love #light http://j.mp/2lCSaRg"
Sep 5
Amanda May left a comment for Kevin
Sep 5
Igor Puzeev posted a discussion
Sep 3
Sep 3

© 2019   Created by TheBananaGirl.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service