30 Bananas a Day!

HOW DO I ELIMINATE COOKED QUINOA, COOKED YAMS AND BROWN RICE FROM MY DIET

HELLO EVERYONE

HOPE YOU ARE HAVING A LOVELY DAY/ EVENING

I HAVE BEEN VEGAN FOR ABOUT 10 MONTHS.  I AM HOPING TO TRANSITION TO THE 811 DIET.

I AM TRAINING FOR A SPORTS MODEL COMPETITION AND MY DIET PLAN INCLUDES RAW VEGAN PROTEIN POWDER AND COOKED GRAINS SUCH AS QUINOA, SWEET POTATO AND BROWN RICE.

HOW DO I TRANSITION ...>?

I HAVE STARTED ELIMINATING THE PORTEIN POWDER AND JUST HAVING 8-9 BANNA SMOOTHIE

6- BANNA MEALS, ...MY ONLY STRGGLE IS GETTING OF THE GRAINS THAT ONLY SATISFY MY HUNGER.

IM HUNGRY ALMOST IMMEDIATLY AFTER MY FRUIT MEALS OF 6-8 BANNAS AND THEN I START TO CRAVE MY POTATOS AND BROWN RICE. I THEN FIND MYSELF MUNCHING ON DATES TO KICK THE CRAVING.

TODAY I HAD 15 BANNAS , A WHOLE MEDIUM SIZE HONEYDEW MELON, HEAD ON ROCKET, 1 AVOCADO, 4 CUCUMBERS, 1 LARGE RED CAPSICUM AND 7 MEDJOOL DATES.

DID NOT TRAIN TODAY ( REST DAY) 

ANY TIPS WOULD BE APPRECIATED :)))

THANKYOU

Views: 112

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I don't mean for this to sound sarcastic, but I think it kinda will anyway (but I honestly don't mean it to): If you want to stop eating these foods, don't buy them anymore. Expand your range of fruits and it will become easier.

Impressive amount of veg today, I'm impressed. I rarely manage to get any down me.

All the best!

Oh, and welcome to 30bad! :)

Welcome aboard.

Blending bananas to a smoothie (bananas only or bananas + water) and dates to datorade (dates + water) is commonly used to get down more fruits than eating them whole.

You already seem to be in a decent place with exercise and mainly high carb, low fat cooked roots and rice. Depending on the type of person you are, either leave your cooked foods overnight or gradually decrease their amount while increasing your intake of high quality fruits. Quality is very important with fruits, and taste is a good indicator of quality. It is much easier to struggle with poor quality fruit than with high quality fruit.

If you want to transition gradually, you could aim for one cooked meal a day, possibly as your last meal of the day. Fruits digest more quickly than roots/grains. You typically don't want slower digesting foods blocking your digestive track for more easily digesting foods.

(P.S. THIS equals SHOUTING in the online world... Thank you.)

The body has a memory of it's own. It knows that these cooked carbs are what has been fueling you for a very long time. So when you first try go without these foods the body gets nervous that it won't be getting adequate fuel and it triggers you to reach for these familiar carb sources.But don't, do fruit instead.  Over time your body will begin to associate its fuel source with fruit and when you are in need of fuel it will trigger you to find/eat fruit. This takes time and effort though, because if you continue feeding your body cooked carbs, your body will continue associating these foods with its survival. Just keep shoveling in your fruit and abstaining from these cooked foods and eventually your body's memory will change. Also your body will begin to prefer fruit as a calorie source, since the sugar absorption is so much quicker, healthier and more satisfying.  You need to eat lots of fruit though. Aim for 3000 calories of sweet fruit per day. Banana smoothies (bananas and clean water) are a great way to power down calories. You can easily eat a 10-15 banana smoothie, just take your time and I promise you won't be hungry later. Do a smoothie like this 3 times a day and I guaraunty you won't reach for that cooked slop :)
More dates!  Don't be afraid to eat 20 or 30 of them, it definitely makes things easier—as you said, eating them makes your cravings disappear ;)

RSS

About

TheBananaGirl created this Ning Network.

30BaD Search

Latest Activity

Profile IconHeather and Ken Ebacher joined 30 Bananas a Day!
yesterday
Eileen A. Murphy posted a status
"Just ate my first banana, today!"
Tuesday
Profile IconEileen A. Murphy and Evan Vallee joined 30 Bananas a Day!
Monday
pradtf replied to pradtf's discussion great site with nutritional research information
Monday
OrganicMark posted a status
"Housing Bubble 2.0 - Foreclosure Filings Up in 17 States - Fannie Mae Sells Off Critical Inventory #peace #truth #now http://bit.ly/2Hskhez"
Sunday
Meredith is now a member of 30 Bananas a Day!
May 17
Profile IconFedor Malkin and Karmenac33 joined 30 Bananas a Day!
May 16
pradtf replied to pradtf's discussion great site with nutritional research information
May 15
Pete Braglia and ednshell are now friends
May 14
Kelly's photo was featured
May 14
Pete Braglia is now a member of 30 Bananas a Day!
May 14
ednshell posted a discussion
May 11
Windlord's photo was featured
May 11
Paul Rodgers posted a video

Now you can't be vegan 'cause... Mineral levels in plants are depleted. LifeRegenerator lacks sense

LifeRegenerator appears on RawKristina's video and repeats what an anti-vegan told me days before... that mineral levels in plant foods have depleted by 85 percent
May 11
Valentin Otto is now a member of 30 Bananas a Day!
May 11

© 2019   Created by TheBananaGirl.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service