30 Bananas a Day!

Not exactly the forum for this question, but I just wanted to get your feedback, since I'm pretty sure you ladies would definitely be interested in hormone free birth control. I'm researching about the paragard and wanted to hear if any of you have any experiences with it?

Views: 2148

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I'm also interested in this topic. I saw Megan Elizabeth's (easytoberaw YouTube channel) video on what she does for birth control. I tried to discuss it with my boyfriend but he flipped his lid at the thought of me not taking the hormone pills. Here's her video : click me!

Funny you post this. I was scheduled for my insertion today, but my doctor was busy delivering a baby, and it was taking her longer than expected. Now I have to wait until next month when I get my period again....oh the wait.

I don't know much about paragard unfortunately but wanted to chime in because I'm curious- are a lot of women here using typical hormonal birth control?  What's 30bad's stance on that?

I'm currently using pregnancy as birth control :P

I'm interested in the Lady Comp at some point, however.

3 years ago, while on Nuva Ring for 5-6 years, I got pregnant! So that 99% can't-get-pregnant-on-hormonal-control was not in my favor! 

This is the perfect forum for this question, by the way. Check out Girl Gone Raw group under Groups - there have been discussions already about this topic :-)

Taking hormones can really challenge peoples weight loss in the moment or long term. I got meself the snip. 30 min operation. Easy.

Women have to understand that they have the power here. They have to FORCE control lol! Why take toxic drugs that will thrash your health and metabolism in the long run?

Fair enough, haha.  As for hormone-free birth control- does 30BaD have a stance on latex condoms?  Obviously sheepskin ones aren't even in the equation, and never have been, yuck.

Contraception is a personal choice. 

The vasectomy gets the 'Durianrider gold stamp' of approval. Its VERY freeing not having to measure stuff, pop toxic pills, play with hormones, or whatever. Just feel the urge and go at it like rabbits in the field.

I agree with the vasectomy, I think it's a great one and probably the best form of birth-control especially because it's easier/less dangerous/less expensive than a woman getting her tubes tied. But it being permanent is a fortunate and unfortunate side to it, my partner wants a son to take on his name and his father's name but I don't ever want to have children, I don't think he'd ever get a vasectomy.

But until my partner is ready to get a vasectomy (if he ever is) I'd definitely want to use either the Lady Comp or Paragard. I think Paragard sounds more accurate at prevention because the prevention rate is higher and because it also enables the person to have intercourse during/before ovulation without risking pregnancy, unlike the Lady Comp. Hormone-free aspect is great to it too; I've been popping the hormone pills and I absolutely hate them, they make me bloat up, harsh my mood, and make me more depressed. Paragard just sits in there and blocks the spermies from getting into the tubes without chemicals or hormones but it can be taken out at any time (by your doctor.)

I wouldn't necessarily say "without chemicals" because it functions by releasing teeny doses of copper. These are so minute that they are harmless. However, it is something to keep in mind, in case we develop a sensitivity to copper or a toxicity. Copper tends to very low-allergenic. ALSO, the amount is so small that the protection really takes place only in the vagina, rather than getting hormones shot into your bloodstream, flowing through your whole body, or taking pills that digest and absorb in your stomach (eek).

Ohh okay thanks for that information! I didn't know doses of copper were released from it. A lot better than tons of hormones which will give me acne, weight gain, and mood swings though. :)

There are vegan condom companies. I think 30bad supports the idea of conscious parenting, so, condoms are awesome for preventing the next generation of unplanned consumers. Condoms are quite effective when used every time. No hormones, free/cheap to get, always available, easy to use :)

Good point - if your committed partner is committed to being child-free with you, forever, then you should discuss a vasectomy. There are low- and no-cost options for these in some parts of the U.S.

There is also a non-surgical tubal ligation available, but costs more. It's not as invasive as a regular tubal ligation - it's a type of clamp inserted onto the tube.

I personally, as Durianrider pointed out, do not like being on drugs/hormones. I was on hormonal birth control for 13+ years. Birth control is important, but so is your health.

RSS

About

TheBananaGirl created this Ning Network.

30BaD Search

Latest Activity

Cédric replied to fruity78's discussion Where i get tastiest young coconuts in jan/feb?
10 hours ago
OrganicMark posted a status
"John Williams - Fed Lost Control of Financial System #evolution #awakening #peace #truth #love #light http://j.mp/2P5nMeM"
10 hours ago
Alex Curtis-Slep posted a photo
Dec 4
Profile IconAnna Bostick and Angela Hogan joined 30 Bananas a Day!
Dec 3
Raini Pachak posted a discussion
Dec 3
Kelly's photo was featured
Nov 30
ednshell's photo was featured
Nov 27
Profile IconJust.Me, Malika and Phoebe joined 30 Bananas a Day!
Nov 27
Justine Jolene and Kevin are now friends
Nov 27
pradtf replied to pradtf's discussion vegan cats
Nov 20
fruity78 replied to fruity78's discussion Where i get tastiest young coconuts in jan/feb?
Nov 17
fruity78 posted a discussion
Nov 17
Rock replied to RawVeganGamer's discussion Taking good care of your teeth with fluoride.
Nov 16
Rock replied to Victoria's discussion Info on the death of my fellow faster?? anyone know any details?
Nov 16
Lynae K. replied to Laura's discussion Loren Lockman (Low-Fat Raw Vegan? of 20 Years) Will Be Speaking in NY/NJ/PA May 24th–30th! Any Interested Attendees??
Nov 16
Lynae K. replied to Victoria's discussion Info on the death of my fellow faster?? anyone know any details?
Nov 16

© 2019   Created by TheBananaGirl.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service