30 Bananas a Day!

Hi everyone! I wanted to know if HIIT or biking is better to stay lean and fit. I don't own a bike and I'm really busy with school. So HIIT workouts save me time as they supposedly burn more calories than long periods of lower intensity cardio. This is what I currently do for exercise.

Mon
School jogging 
40 min HIIT 

Tues 
Yoga

Wed
30 min HIIT
School jogging

Thurs
Yoga

Fri
School Pe
Interval yoga (more intense yoga and a bit of HIIT)40min 

Sat
30 min HIIT workout 
Total body weights 45min

Sun 
Jog 30 min

Views: 274

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

You should have a day off every week. But both are good exercises if done correctly. You shouldn't do HIIT if you're a newb to working out tho.

You can do HIIT on the bike or running. 

Whatever is most fun! I feel like HIIT isn't very fun haha.

Have you ever tried minimalist running? It's my favorite!

Hey William, what's minimalist running, like running for as little time as possible.. haha

no, seriously, what is it?

Can I ask you a question before I reply to yours?

What sports do you actually enjoy? Sod the ‘calorie burning, don’t worry about being lean/fit’ dare I suggest you are missing the point. Focus on experimenting with exercises and sports, in order to find the one you love to do. Do this, and you should remain lean and fit as an occurrence, as being fit and lean is a symptom of doing the sports you love, rather than the reason for doing sports.

Therefore, as William said, the best exercise is the one you enjoy the most, the one therefore that you are likely to do the most.

However, I wouldn’t choose one over another, if you like more than one, just do as many as you can, this way they remain exciting.

If you have to choose one, so that you are regularly doing it, in order to become proficient, achieve some goals maybe, set a routine that becomes a habit, then the one you enjoy the most is the one to do for sure. Sport and/or exercise, fundamentally MUST be fun, enjoyable, otherwise it is not sustainable and becomes a chore rather than pleasure.

What HIIT are you doing? As stated already, HIIT can be via a bike, running or weights/cross fit. HIIT via a bike or running is aimed to improve your biking or running prowess and therefore has a reason other than ‘leanness’ and therefore I feel would be more rewarding.

RSS

About

TheBananaGirl created this Ning Network.

30BaD Search

Latest Activity

Mika M is now a member of 30 Bananas a Day!
5 hours ago
OrganicMark posted a status
"Bahrain, Belgium Report COVID-19 Treatment Touted By Trump Working For Patients #organic #fruits #vegetables #health https://j.mp/39p6zno"
Friday
Cassie K and DreamsofFreedom are now friends
Friday
Cassie K added a discussion to the group Gardening for food and fun.
Friday
Sarah Troyer and Kevin are now friends
Mar 20
"Visualizing The History Of Pandemics... By Death Toll #NoVaccine #organic #fruits #vegetables #health #longevity http://j.mp/2x0ghPI"
Mar 18
ednshell commented on OrganicMark's status
Mar 16
Miles Brandon is now a member of 30 Bananas a Day!
Mar 16
Profile IconMichael Taube and lizzie joined 30 Bananas a Day!
Mar 7
Rock replied to pradtf's discussion vegan cats
Feb 29
"$5 Trillion Wiped Out From World Stocks Amid Fastest Collapse In History #awakening #peace #truth #love #light http://j.mp/2vfwccz"
Feb 29
Paul replied to Raini Pachak's discussion Oh, hey.
Feb 26
Silvery posted a discussion
Feb 26
Silvery replied to Rock's discussion This site...
Feb 26
BananaStatesofMurica! RAW OR DIE replied to Rock's discussion This site...
Feb 26
Profile IconJan and Zahra joined 30 Bananas a Day!
Feb 22

© 2020   Created by TheBananaGirl.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service