30 Bananas a Day!

HEY LADIES, SHARE YOUR DAILY FOOD & EXERCISE HERE TO COMPARE/LEARN FROM OTHERS

I thought it would be nice to have somewhere to learn about what other women are doing daily on this lifestyle so that we can all get a better idea of what others both new & old to this lifestyle are doing to achieve success.

If you can and want to please share your...

1. how many calories you eat each day

2. for how long and what you do for exercise each day

3. how long you have been doing this lifestyle

4. your age

5. your height

6. your weight

7. if you have been gaining/losing/maintaining weight on this lifestyle, and if you have a goal to gain/lose/maintain your weight

Views: 3055

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Here's my info.

1. I am very new to this lifestyle and transitioning rather slowly. On just vegan cooked days I will eat 2,000 calories but when I am being successful and sticking to 100% HCRV I will eat 2,500 calories.

2. I exercise about 5 days a week for 45-60min

3. I have been trying to start this lifestyle for 2 months but haven't been consistent :(

4. 23

5. 5"3

6. 115lb 

7. I have gained about 5 lbs so far since I started trying to do this lifestyle 2 months ago. Before this lifestyle and when I am not sticking to it I will eat 1800-2000 calories of vegan/vegetarian cooked food. I think doing the days of 2500 calories has made my weight go up, or maybe it is going back and forth from full fruit days to cooked food days. I don't know, but it is frustrating me. I want to do this lifestyle 100%.

Thank you for offering this insight. I think you are right that I am not getting an accurate picture since I have been going back and forth. I think the initial weight gain I experienced the very first week I tried this lifestyle really scared me as in one day I went from 110lb to 113.8lb and that weight just stayed on me. That freaked me out and led to going on and off this lifestyle so that I could eat less calories with cooked food (bad choice for my overall health, but I really didn't like what the extra weight was doing to my figure as I am a petite person and even 3lb show on me...let alone the five I have now gained in total from going back and forth with this lifestyle). I know that I need to just go full force 100% into this lifestyle and really run the experiment. I just get freaked out about the weight gain and feel really embarrassed and uncomfortable in my body with these extra 5lb I have now and don't want to gain another 5lb. Either way, I know I need to give this lifestyle a chance, weight gain or not...it's just challenging for me to get over those fears. Thank you again for your advice and support!

That is exactly what I've been doing, I think yes I can and I WANT to do this but then I vascilate and go back to cooked vegan, feel under par and know that 80/10/10 is the best thing for me and all along I'm gaining weight!

hen jen have u got a clear plan and aim?? its all in the planning. could u say a to your self more water an two large raw meals morning and lunch of fruit then in evening bit more fruit then big plate of greens then if u still feel like u want cooked right now go with the low fat high carb cooked like a big jacket potato or a rice meal with fresh chopped tomatoes and basil while u transition? thats what i do on my days I'm not a 100%. the fat we eat is the fat we wear. simple carbs are the best then potatoes and rice are the next best id say. but if u had the fruit and greens before u wont over eat or need as much as the cooked. i aim for 800 cals each meal that sustains me and satisfies to. If we aren't satisfied we will grab the fat or processed sugar, stimulating foods to sedate the emotion. the only time this happens to me is ...... when i have not eaten enough fruit cals, i went too long between meals, tired or stressed again to stimulate or suppress emotion. when you see the pattern of when u pick certain foods in the day you can break the pattern hope this helps. blessings kim xxx

I am also new to 811.  I've been some cooked but mostly raw vegan since Feb 2010 and just started 811 on March 26, 2012.  So far I am loving it, so does my digestion. 

1. Calories per day = 2500

2. Exercise 5x week for approx 45 min.  3 days running & 2 days HIIT workout

3. Started HCRV on March 26, 2012

4. 46 y.o

5. 5'2"

6. 112 lbs.

7. So far my weight is holding around 112 lbs, but I'll keep you posted.  My goal is to lose fat not lose weight.  I just want to be lean/fit. 

Sounds like you are doing great. So happy for you! And thank you for sharing. I should have clarified in my post like you did that I want to lose fat not just weight - the goal is being lean, fit, healthy, and of course happy. Best of luck to you!!

1) 3000-4000 calories.  Cronometer says my average is around 3400.  I should mention that I am a nursing mom to a toddler.

2) I exercise 30 minutes and up.  I do at least a 30 minute "workout," and I also do gardening during spring, summer and fall.  I do circuit training (a strength training workout with little rest between and some High Intensity Training thrown in) about 3 days a week.  I do cardio like dance or running the other days of the week.  Sometimes I have a rest day, but not usually.  Occasionally I rebound.

3) I have been transitioning to this lifestyle since 2006.  Still not 100% raw.

4) 36 in June

5) 5' 3.75"

6)140-146

7) My starting weight way back when was 171 pounds and I have been as low as 109 pounds, I have maintained my weight in the 140-146 range since my son's birth in 2009.  I recently upped my calories to the 3000-4000 calorie range and I have not gained weight, but I have lost the cravings and the off-plan binges.

Thank you for sharing. You seem to be doing great from this and from your daily blogs. How many calories does nursing burn? Do you think you could eat 3,000-4,000 calories like you are doing and maintain your weight if you were not nursing? You seem to really have a good grip on this lifestyle even though you are not 100%. I think it is really great how you are easy going about not being 100% right now, and are just respecting yourself and the process. I also like that you wrote that you are 5".75...I am actually 5"3.25. I usually say that if anyone ever asks how tall I am...the .25 matters! haha.

I have no idea how many calories nursing burns.  The published estimate of 1000 calories is for newborns who are growing very rapidly and solely consuming breastmilk.  

I pay attention to three factors in deciding how many calories to eat: 1) Do I have cravings for off-plan foods? 2) Do I sleep well? (close to 4000 calories seems to be the magic number for me) 3) Do I have lots of energy to work out and live my active lifestyle?  Do I feel good most of the time, not constantly crabby or overwhelmed?  I think everyone does better if they find their own magic number by paying attention to those key factors.

I also forgot to answer your question about weight loss... I would eventually like to lose fat and be able to see my muscles which I know are under there.  I'm not worried about it and am willing to allow my body to do what it needs to do.  I am just happy to be free of my obsession with non-vegan junk foods, to feel good every day, and have lots of energy to live my life.

I pay attention to three factors in deciding how many calories to eat: 1) Do I have cravings for off-plan foods? 2) Do I sleep well? (close to 4000 calories seems to be the magic number for me) 3) Do I have lots of energy to work out and live my active lifestyle?  Do I feel good most of the time, not constantly crabby or overwhelmed?  I think everyone does better if they find their own magic number by paying attention to those key factors.

I also forgot to answer your question about weight loss... I would eventually like to lose fat and be able to see my muscles which I know are under there.  I'm not worried about it and am willing to allow my body to do what it needs to do.  I am just happy to be free of my obsession with non-vegan junk foods, to feel good every day, and have lots of energy to live my life.

Great advice Greenmama!

I'm nursing an 8 month old and I need 4,000 calories a day!  I also need A LOT of greens.  I can eat up to 4lbs of them a day!  I achieve this by putting greens in my date smoothies and having two big salads at the end of the day.

I'm 5'7 and currently weigh 124lbs (I'm two pounds away from my pre-pregnancy weight and I'm 9lbs away from my lowest weight on lfrv diet).

I started eating lfrv in April 2008 but took a break during my last pregnancy due to food aversions to most fresh fruit, all raw greens and almost all raw fats (especially nuts and seeds and even durian oddly enough).

Once my daughter was born I could MAGICALLY eat raw again!

I didn't experience any weight gain switching back to HCRV.  I've been dropping the weight slowly and consistently (I gained 40lbs during my pregnancy).

If I go over 10% of my calories from fat my daughter spits up.

I'm working on getting enough sleep so I'm more motivated to exercise.  I do take walks on sunny afternoons with my family and I also jump on a rebounder.  I even try to squeeze in some body weight exercises.

Thank you, Karmyn.  You are gorgeous and an inspirational mama!  

Thank you for sharing. You are so strong for doing the immensely hard work it takes to overcome anorexia. And how amazing that you can move into this lifestyle...going from a very unhealthy lifestyle to the healthiest lifestyle in existence. It must feel wonderful to go from having to calorie restrict to maintain weight to being able to eat in abundance to maintain or even lose weight. I am really happy for you! I know  everyone says that you can't gain weight on this lifestyle but I mean if I was eating 8,000 calories  (as a 5"3 female) and even if it all came from raw fruit & veggies can't wrap my mind around the notion that I wouldn't gain any fat/weight, unless I was doing crazy amounts of exercise. That just seems impossible to me, you know? If anyone could clarify that for me I would greatly appreciate it. 

RSS

About

TheBananaGirl created this Ning Network.

30BaD Search

Latest Activity

OrganicMark posted a status
"Home Prices: Downhill From Here #evolution #awakening #peace #truth #love #light http://j.mp/2kMOeNN"
12 hours ago
pradtf replied to pradtf's discussion great site with nutritional research information
yesterday
pradtf left a comment for Tams
Friday
pradtf and Tams are now friends
Friday
pradtf replied to pradtf's discussion great site with nutritional research information
Friday
"ECB cuts key rate, relaunches QE to shore up eurozone economy #evolution #awakening #peace #truth #love #light http://j.mp/2kymAUZ"
Friday
"Trump Says Fed Should Cut Rates "To ZERO Or Less", So US Can Refinance Debt And Lenghten Maturities #peace #truth#light http://j.mp/2kH4yzB"
Wednesday
hajapapaya replied to TINtininintin's discussion seeking hair and scalp advice in the group Raw Vegan Skincare & Beauty
Sep 8
"Housing Bubble 2.0 - Housing Market Crash on the Way: Shiller #evolution #awakening #peace #truth #love #light http://j.mp/2knZ6ln"
Sep 8
Peter Csere commented on Peter Csere's video
Sep 7
Josephine H Calvi is now friends with Randy Raw, Jojo Marion and Kevin
Sep 6
Lotus33 and Primal Rich are now friends
Sep 6
Scarlet R joined TheBananaGirl's group
Sep 6
"For Second Week In A Row, Fed Buys Treasuries (AKA, QE4!?!) #evolution #awakening #peace #truth #love #light http://j.mp/2lCSaRg"
Sep 5
Amanda May left a comment for Kevin
Sep 5
Igor Puzeev posted a discussion
Sep 3

© 2019   Created by TheBananaGirl.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service