30 Bananas a Day!

Is anyone else in a relationship with a die-hard meat-eater?? How do you organise your meals? Every meal my husband makes has meat or dairy in it, and there's no way I'll be able to convert him any time soon. It's making mealtimes quite a struggle as he takes it personally that I refuse to eat his cooking.

Views: 1702

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Love loves, for me eating dead, most often enslaved, tortured and murdered beings is not loving... If your just arriving into Vegan then share your truth with him, your heart, about the health benefits, the ethical, moral, environmental. Vegan diets are energetically sensitive, if he continues consuming murdered animals and you continually choose natural living food, then the divide will grow, you will crave more peace, love, intimacy, honesty, compassion etc... At this stage it's evolve or leave buddy, find a Vegan Man! ;)

Hey Alexandra!  I've been married for over 5 years now, we have 2 kids,  and I've been vegan for only 1.5 years.  Don't involve others in your goals would be my advice.  Use your new found knowledge to improve your own health first, don't have it be about converting someone else, it will drive you crazy!  I'm lucky that my husband is supportive and never once said anything negative about me doing it, even though he never wanted to try it out himself.   However, just in the last month, yes it's taken a year and a half! he no longer wants to eat meat at home.  This is a huge step for him!  So I no longer have to bring it in the house.  I think it may take him a lot longer to see the benefits of being animal product free, and he may never get to where I am at, but that is ok!  Just do your thing and your husband will see all the positive changes in you and he may want to give it a try, it might be a long time though.. But, the more you push it on him, the likely it will cause conflict and that's never a good thing.  I think the book skinny bastard might be a fun read.  I also loved the book Finding Ultra by Rich Roll, I think it's an amazing story of a man who completely turned his life around, and shows that real men eat plants!  Good Luck and keep me posted :)  I have a youtube channel if you want to follow my vegan life, in a not fully vegan family.

Ah that sounds great!  What's your Youtube channel called?  I love following fellow fruitbats! ;) x

I think your husband will go vegan, maybe even high carb vegan down the line. He sounds like a smart guy and he'll like forks over knives a lot, it's what my dad needed to switch to vegetarian and hopefully now vegan. I don't know why people who see FOK go vegetarian instead of vegan cause that's what the film is about!

Definitely talk about why you're vegan to him AND lead by example, and don't eat his food if you don't want to. He can make different food if he really wanted you to eat it. It's up to you how much effort you want to put into people, but long term, we become who we hang out with.

And for me I want to be free to talk about vegan stuff without having to look over my shoulder. I want to go to protests without explaining myself to my partner. I want a compassionate partner who walks the walk. Long term I wouldn't stay with a nonvegan, it won't let me grow as much into this lifestyle.:)

Thanks very much for your advice :)  I am amazed how much progress I've managed to make with him in only a few days after sitting down and having a proper chat with him about the ethics, and the benefits that I want to make to my health, and I've noticed that already there are no longer any eggs or milk in the fridge!  Small, but important steps :) x

rawk on !  thats amazing change so quick   think about how long eggs dairy has been established in our diets

its a blessing to share a compassionate way of life  

good for you alexandra! ... and even better for your husband in the short and long term!

in friendship,

prad

So many comments, I don't know if this has been mentioned yet or not, from what I read it hasn't,  Earthlings was the real changer for me btw. Regardless, incorporating more "meat" like raw vegan food might do the trick. Raw tacos, healthy, fatty, and tasty might satiate his taste buds for meat. I guess showing him more options of what kind of raw vegan food there is may help. The meat of this would be walnuts, with an oil (if desired) vegan taco seasoning (tastes like real taco meat) and maybe some himalayian sea salt processed in a food processor or something, then wrapped in a romaine leaf with avacado and fresh salsa. You could even make a cashew cream sauce or something! Just as an idea :) Hope things are going better!

Ah that sounds so yummy!  I am definitely going to try that one out on him!!  Thanks v much for that :)  Things are already changing slowly but surely!  He hasn't bought any milk or eggs since I told him about what happens to farm animals!  I never told him not to, I just made him aware, and it obviously made an impact, which is really great :)

RSS

About

TheBananaGirl created this Ning Network.

30BaD Search

Latest Activity

Aysel is now friends with Houdini Steve Owens and Sugalena
yesterday
OrganicMark posted a status
"Why the 2008 Housing Crisis Recovery Is Just an Illusion (w/ Keith Jurow) #evolution #awakening #peace #truth #light http://j.mp/2ODSZ93"
Tuesday
"Not Transitory - Fed Liquidity Handout Surges To Near $90 Billion #evolution #awakening #peace #truth #love #light http://j.mp/35F4Sl5"
Tuesday
Frugisaurus and Alex Curtis-Slep are now friends
Monday
Michael Lanfield posted a video

Return to the Gentle Sea by Michael Lanfield with Music by Dr. Will Tuttle, PhD (Full Audiobook)

Return to the Gentle Sea: For the Love That Lives in Everyone is a book on spiritual healing and cultural transformation on the human relationship to nonhuman animals. It explains how living in a herding culture, eating animals and their secretions,…
Sunday
Michael Lanfield commented on ednshell's video
Sunday
Michael Lanfield and Olga are now friends
Sunday
Raw Aussie Athlete and Lil Green Coconut are now friends
Sunday
ednshell replied to Tams's discussion Best vegan retreats ?
Saturday
ednshell posted a video

Take Back Your Power 2017 (Official) - smart meter documentary

This award-winning film documents the real story on smart meters. + Subscribe for free EMF guide & help stop 'smart' meters and 5G: https://TakeBackYourPower...
Saturday
ednshell posted a discussion
Saturday
Profile Iconmichael wilson, Savannah Holte, tori jacobs and 2 more joined 30 Bananas a Day!
Saturday
"QE4 "Not A QE" Begins: Fed Starts Buying $60BN In Bills Per Month Beginning Next Week #awakening #peace #truth #light http://j.mp/2M9cmoQ"
Oct 12
Rock and Tams are now friends
Oct 12
Tams posted a discussion
Oct 11
"Powell says the Fed will start expanding its balance sheet ‘soon’ in response to funding issues #peace #truth #light http://j.mp/30Zc8ol"
Oct 11

© 2019   Created by TheBananaGirl.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service