30 Bananas a Day!

Is anyone else in a relationship with a die-hard meat-eater?? How do you organise your meals? Every meal my husband makes has meat or dairy in it, and there's no way I'll be able to convert him any time soon. It's making mealtimes quite a struggle as he takes it personally that I refuse to eat his cooking.

Views: 1702

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

That sounds absolutely horrible. I would never be with a non vegan, simply because he wouldn't be sharing my morals and ethics. But you're married, so it's tricky. Show him Earthlings.com and Gary Yourofski's "Best speech ever". 

He shouldn't take it personally that you don't eat his "food", because for most of us vegans it isn't a choice to not eat meat and dairy and eggs, it's an obligation and we are aware of the harm we're implicating on other sentient beings. 

Good luck, I really hope you can convert him. Meat eaters are seriously stubborn.

Much love!

Hey, thanks for that link, it's new to me!  Yeah, the trouble is that I've been married 2 months, and I only became a vegan 1 month ago!  He is very stubborn, and whilst I would never try to force him to do something he doesn't want, it makes no sense to me now that I know the truth behind the meat, dairy, and egg industries, as well as the detrimental effects on our health, why anyone would want to ignore all that and carry on.  Ughh I despair.  I think I'm going to have to find a way to either live through it, or gradually educate him.  But it will be a VERY long process.

Thanks for your response :) x

I see, it's always hard when you're new to being vegan, most people think it's just a phase. They don't take you seriously. Educate yourself so if he asks questions you will always have an answer. 

Be careful with the earthlings movie, it is truly horrible. But very educational and the trigger for many people to go vegan. Look up amazing recipes and cook for him! Maybe that can open his eyes. 

omg earthlings.com i cant even watch this after seeing the first cow in the trailer.. why are some people so FUCKED to get pleasure from hurting an animal like that.. this makes me soo sad + so angry at the same time$@%#@ and this asian guy skinning an animal alive .. i just want to jump in the screen with a machine gun rambo style i cant watch

I agree with your advice, Earthling converted my stubborn husband. Earthling would convert anyone willing to watch.

I think showing him to morality side is the WRONG way to go from an effectiveness standpoint. I would have him watch Forks Over Knives so he understands that that "food" is toxic and that's why you don't want to participate in it anymore. He should be able to respect that even if he doesn't want to participate in healthful eating with you. 

You know what, I think you've nailed it on the head there!  I LOVED Forks Over Knives, it was a real eye-opener for me, and I think if I could just gradually educate him, then he may start to change his ways, even if only for selfish reasons.  Thanks very much Ben. x

Ooh yes I've never spoken to him about that actually.  I'm totally going to educate him on that!!  Thanks! x

I'm sorry. What is all this about parasites? If I mention that to my boyfriend he will laugh his butt off and be even less likely to believe in this diet. And that's hardly possible. So we are just supposed to assume that everyone who eats meat or dairy is infested with parasites that are controlling their emotions? Like in Host or Animorphs? Seriously?

I guess some people are just set in their ways like that. :( It is sad, but we do love them through their flaws anyway. Are your girls vegan?
Ah that sounds brilliant. I like your approach. I'm not surprised, as I only woke up to reality and went vegan a month ago, after we'd already been married a month. So when we got married, I was a meat-eater, albeit not to the same extent as he is. I just wish I'd educated myself to this beautiful way of life a lot earlier, as then mealtimes wouldn't be such a battle now!

RSS

About

TheBananaGirl created this Ning Network.

30BaD Search

Latest Activity

Aysel is now friends with Houdini Steve Owens and Sugalena
yesterday
OrganicMark posted a status
"Why the 2008 Housing Crisis Recovery Is Just an Illusion (w/ Keith Jurow) #evolution #awakening #peace #truth #light http://j.mp/2ODSZ93"
Tuesday
"Not Transitory - Fed Liquidity Handout Surges To Near $90 Billion #evolution #awakening #peace #truth #love #light http://j.mp/35F4Sl5"
Tuesday
Frugisaurus and Alex Curtis-Slep are now friends
Monday
Michael Lanfield posted a video

Return to the Gentle Sea by Michael Lanfield with Music by Dr. Will Tuttle, PhD (Full Audiobook)

Return to the Gentle Sea: For the Love That Lives in Everyone is a book on spiritual healing and cultural transformation on the human relationship to nonhuman animals. It explains how living in a herding culture, eating animals and their secretions,…
Sunday
Michael Lanfield commented on ednshell's video
Sunday
Michael Lanfield and Olga are now friends
Sunday
Raw Aussie Athlete and Lil Green Coconut are now friends
Sunday
ednshell replied to Tams's discussion Best vegan retreats ?
Saturday
ednshell posted a video

Take Back Your Power 2017 (Official) - smart meter documentary

This award-winning film documents the real story on smart meters. + Subscribe for free EMF guide & help stop 'smart' meters and 5G: https://TakeBackYourPower...
Saturday
ednshell posted a discussion
Saturday
Profile Iconmichael wilson, Savannah Holte, tori jacobs and 2 more joined 30 Bananas a Day!
Saturday
"QE4 "Not A QE" Begins: Fed Starts Buying $60BN In Bills Per Month Beginning Next Week #awakening #peace #truth #light http://j.mp/2M9cmoQ"
Oct 12
Rock and Tams are now friends
Oct 12
Tams posted a discussion
Oct 11
"Powell says the Fed will start expanding its balance sheet ‘soon’ in response to funding issues #peace #truth #light http://j.mp/30Zc8ol"
Oct 11

© 2019   Created by TheBananaGirl.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service