30 Bananas a Day!

I wanted to introduce myself, and since this is Meet and Greet I'm fairly sure I'm in the right place :) Hi, all! My name is Jessica and I'm new to 30 Bananas a Day! I own 80 10 10 and while I am currently a high raw vegan I need motivation to push me the extra mile and get back onto a high fruit diet. 80 10 10 was my first raw trial over a year ago, and since then I've been back and forth between average raw/cooked vegan. I've recently become interested in becoming more athletic. I'm in the middle of Tony Horton's Power 90 (the super old one!) in hopes of eventually graduating through Master and finally get to P90X :) I'd love to start cycling or something outdoors but I have 2 boys ages 1 and 3 and no babysitter so everything I do is chaperoned by them. But I remember how much energy and stamina I had on 80 10 10 and now I want to be more active I feel drawn to this style of eating once again. I think they go well together.

Anyway, this community seems awesome and supportive and I look forward to getting to know you all better! Are there any threads on home exercise or P90X? I suppose I'll have to check out the handy search function :)

Views: 77

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Hi Jessica!

Nice to have you here. If you're looking to become a better athlete, there's no better way to go that 811! I don't know too much about P90X, but I'm pretty sure there are at least a few threads about it on the forums (which you can search through). Good luck :)
Thanx, Jenna! I did finally find the search function and came up with a few threads. I'm experimenting with bananas at the moment :)
Hey there Welcome to 30BaD Evilday :) great to read your enthusiasm about becoming more athletic as this is vital in succeeding long term on a low fat raw vegan lifestyle, I don't know any long-term 100% LFRV's who are not athletic. Personally my fav activity is jogging, I find every second day is sustainable long term & allows my body enough rest & rejuvenation time. I don't know a lot about P90X but boy its picking up popularity! Alison Andrews on here knows a lot about it....Yes a search is best

Enjoy your time here
Lovefreely
Hey Jess, Welcome!
Your a lucky soul to have found your natural diet amongst all the BS in the world. YAY!
Your in the best hands here, Everyone is so supportive n helpful, It's Truly amazing.
here is a link, http://uk.video.yahoo.com/playlist/118397 the guys name is Richard Blackman and he is a fruitarian or 811er, there is over 80 vids on out door exercises.
Cheers Ryan! : )
You will find good support here nice to have you
Welcome!
Well, not only did I fall off HARD over the winter, I am bringing a raging case of candidiasis back with me. I've been following the standard anti-candida diet I was taught in my nutrition classes, but as a vegan it's insanely difficult to follow. No fruit! I did it for a month, low carb high fat with little improvement. Finally I got so frustrated that I started to eat fruit anyway and realized that my symptoms return full force when I have fat, not carbs. So, I'm doing things the high fruit way starting today.

Any 80 10 10 suggestions for someone with very active candidiasis (bloating, severely foggy headed/dizzy, unstable emotions, etc.?). The only somewhat overt fat I'm eating is one TB of chia seeds after a non fruit meal in the evening, which still didn't take my fat to 10%. No nuts, avo, oils, etc.

Also, I have a bit of a small stomach having just got off a puree fast, and I was only able to get about 1400 calories today. When I was on lfrv before I had no problem tanking tons of bananas but today I made the mistake of trying to get full off oranges for lunch, and those things are filling for having so few calories! I'm going to move my salad into a smoothie, I can already tell I can't eat enough calories from fruit and still have enough room for the greens I know I need.

Are dates ok with a candida issue? I'm probably going to need to eat a few each day to build up calorie intake. What's the Date-O-Rade recipe? :)

For reference, I'm female, 5'9" 158 lbs (need to release fat, I'm at 30.5%), no gallbladder, and I am moderately active. I walk everywhere I go, no car, so walking about 3-ish miles a day three times weekly, going shopping for a few hours and such. When I am stuck at home I usually do rebounding, yoga, kettlebells (new to this), resistance bands, or Beachbody Insanity 30-45 minutes a day. The rest is spent in school (on the internet), chasing children, or on Elder Scrolls Oblivion, haha. Cheaper than WoW.

Thank you guys, seriously. I love coming to this site because it's optimistic, and I really need that in my life atm. :)

RSS

About

TheBananaGirl created this Ning Network.

30BaD Search

Latest Activity

Peter posted a status
"First roller of 2020,didn't get any last year ,had a frost and I cut them back hard,then worst drought. can't remember them being so sweet."
yesterday
Peter posted photos
yesterday
Peter posted a status
"Could help.that should read."
yesterday
Peter posted a status
"I can't remember how to post a photo if anyone couldchelp?tia"
yesterday
Cassie K added a discussion to the group Self Sufficiency using Permaculture
Sunday
Cassie K commented on Jay Don't Cook's group Self Sufficiency using Permaculture
Sunday
Cassie K commented on Jay Don't Cook's group Self Sufficiency using Permaculture
Sunday
Laura Kuchy commented on Tiff Hawkins's blog post Too Exciting
Friday
Profile IconLaura Kuchy and Peter H joined 30 Bananas a Day!
May 21
Raw Mormon Mommy posted a status
"How do I edit my profile?"
May 20
OrganicMark posted a status
"OBAMAGATE 1: CRIME OF THE CENTURY #evolution #awakening #peace #truth #love #light https://j.mp/2WVPNbe"
May 19
Profile IconSuzanne, SunBeaming, Rhonda Miga and 1 more joined 30 Bananas a Day!
May 17
"PlanDemic - Banned Documentary #evolution #awakening #peace #truth #love #light https://bit.ly/2xJvrK0"
May 15
"What They Don’t Want You To Know About Covid-19. Dropping Bombs (Ep 264) Dr. Rashid Buttar #peace #truth #love #light https://j.mp/2T4hGwE"
May 15
"COVID-19 documentary by Janet Ossebaard | Part 4 #evolution #awakening #peace #truth #love #light https://j.mp/35Q1zYN"
May 12
"COVID-19 documentary by Janet Ossebaard | Part 1-3 #evolution #awakening #peace #truth #love #light https://j.mp/2WJLXlv"
May 12

© 2020   Created by TheBananaGirl.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service