30 Bananas a Day!

does anyone know the names of some deeelicious tasting heirloom tomato varieties? im planning to have a bomb ass garden this year so if you have any other suggestions as to what I should grow, feel free. I like really sweet and strong tasting tomatoes. I would also like to find a really good heirloom cherry tomato variety. I would also appreciate a suggestion on a good bell pepper variety. yepp.. oh yaaa..

I also want to throw out that I have some heirloom tomato seeds from the variety Mikado Rose. I discovered this variety last summer helping a farmer that grows hundreds of varieties of heirloom tomatoes (and also sells seeds at delectationoftomatoes.com or gianttomatoseeds.com).  I cant find any info on the Mikado Rose variety but it is one of the best tomatoes I have ever had- and that's saying a lot for someone who has tasted hundreds of tomato varieties. Anyway, if anyone would like a couple of these seeds then maybe we could do a seed exchange.

Views: 215

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Heirloom toms: German strawberry, black krim, pineapple, prudents purple, georgia streak

Cherry toms: tomato berry, sun golds, black cherry

The man who owned the heirloom tomato farm I worked at last summer (picking and selling at farmers markets) :http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wgt9kidVvfU

Got all the tomatoes I could eat... and then some :) woot. Good luck with your garden! I am planning mine as well

WOW! is all I can say about that guys tomato operation. I needs me a greenhouse like dat

It truly was amazing. Had a giant breakfast of cherry tomatoes every time I went to pick. Sweetest and most delicious tomatoes I have ever had. I was not much of a tomato fan before.

It's all in the soil. He owned 4 horses that ate fruit/veg scraps (in addition to their hay) using the manure-after being aged-to fertilize his beds. One man operation.

my favorite tomatos to grow are the pink tomatos. there so stinken tasty. I think there called pink ladies and I think there heirloom. they grow pretty big too but my only complaint is the plant is not as productive as other varieties but what you do get is a pretty stinken good.

cool! I just read the pink tomato varieties are supposed to be the sweetest so maybe ill try a pink variety. theres too many to choose from though..

yeah I guess sweet is one way to put it there a very smooth taste they dont have that typical acidic bite most tomatos have. there pretty stinken good and you can eat them like an apple just like any other tomato lol.

I second the black cherry suggestion.  they have a really rich flavour. 

If you like sweet, try Cheesmanii.  They're from a wild strain, so I think they have more variation than some types.  They're an orange cherry, usually pear-shaped, and soooo sweet and delicious.  Oh ,and the yield off them is ridiculous!

Great resources http://www.specialtyproduce.com they have any app as well.

go to rareseeds.com  Black Krim and pink Brandywine are some well know ones

RSS

About

TheBananaGirl created this Ning Network.

30BaD Search

Latest Activity

Profile IconLeeanne and Eva joined 30 Bananas a Day!
yesterday
OrganicMark posted a status
"CNN Lays Off Staffers After Massive Ratings Drop #evolution #awakening #peace #truth #love #light #now http://bit.ly/2EsDsDd"
yesterday
Profile IconHeather and Ken Ebacher joined 30 Bananas a Day!
Wednesday
Eileen A. Murphy posted a status
"Just ate my first banana, today!"
Tuesday
Profile IconEileen A. Murphy and Evan Vallee joined 30 Bananas a Day!
May 21
pradtf replied to pradtf's discussion great site with nutritional research information
May 21
OrganicMark posted a status
"Housing Bubble 2.0 - Foreclosure Filings Up in 17 States - Fannie Mae Sells Off Critical Inventory #peace #truth #now http://bit.ly/2Hskhez"
May 20
Meredith is now a member of 30 Bananas a Day!
May 17
Profile IconFedor Malkin and Karmenac33 joined 30 Bananas a Day!
May 16
pradtf replied to pradtf's discussion great site with nutritional research information
May 15
Pete Braglia and ednshell are now friends
May 14
Kelly's photo was featured
May 14
Pete Braglia is now a member of 30 Bananas a Day!
May 14
ednshell posted a discussion
May 11
Windlord's photo was featured
May 11

© 2019   Created by TheBananaGirl.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service